Solar Beam and Cosmic Ray

Draeyon.4392

Just now, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I mean maybe this is why ranger is never balanced right, but I'm not sure how much clearer it can be that casting the blast before the field is awful design.

If you took the current skill and made the resulting light field last 1-2s like Smokescale smoke field, E. Wyvern lighting field, hell any normal field, there would be no issues.

The entire issue is pre-casting your blast before the actual field to get the desired effect.  It's increased APM for entirely zero reason and out of line with literally every other field I can think of.  

You should view Seed of Life having a light field as really just a bonus effect added on top of what the skill already does.

Most, probably all, skills that create any type of field usually have a prolonged duration of at least a few seconds, if not more.

When Seed of Life was added to the game, its light field only lasted 1.66 seconds. It was never a long duration light field, certainly not long enough to get more than a single blast finisher off. Now its light field duration is roughly 0.75 seconds, which isn't long at all, and in fact is pretty laughable. But the light field was never long to begin with and was never the point of the skill. Cleansing condis is the point of the skill, and it is a lot better at that now with the increased usability. The tradeoff is good.

10 minutes ago, Soilder.3607 said:

You should view Seed of Life having a light field as really just a bonus effect added on top of what the skill already does.

Most, probably all, skills that create any type of field usually have a prolonged duration of at least a few seconds, if not more.

When Seed of Life was added to the game, its light field only lasted 1.66 seconds. It was never a long duration light field, certainly not long enough to get more than a single blast finisher off. Now its light field duration is roughly 0.75 seconds, which isn't long at all, and in fact is pretty laughable. But the light field was never long to begin with and was never the point of the skill. Cleansing condis is the point of the skill, and it is a lot better at that now with the increased usability. The tradeoff is good.

That would be good and fine but the nerfed seed of life in the process anyway, by removing the extra condition it did apply before.  Essentially this can be viewed as a double nerf (halving duration of light field and 1 less condi removed) for the bonus of having the skill actually be usable.

I'd be happy if they put the field back to 1.75 because that'd allow you to blast it without introducing this backward pre-casting deal.

It's just that we rangers always have to adapt and sometimes adapting is too far in my book...this is one of those times where it'd be helpful for the community to make noise.  I'm not betting on that happening, just putting it out there...

32 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

literally every other field I can think of.  

How about 3>4 water field combo?
The main reason why it's a less common to use finished before field, is not that many finishers that have delay.
Just because X thing is more common, does mean Y shouldn't exist.

1 hour ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Then you probably didn't read the post before mine, which i was responding to.

2 times nothing is still nothing. 

Also, If Mech Rifle is damaging something that means it has a target since you know it is hitting something so Solar Beam requiring a target isn't what is stopping Druid from becoming Mechanist. The fact somebody has to tell you this is baffling.

1 hour ago, Levetty.1279 said:

2 times nothing is still nothing.

It's not nothing tho.

1 hour ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Also, If Mech Rifle is damaging something that means it has a target since you know it is hitting something so Solar Beam requiring a target isn't what is stopping Druid from becoming Mechanist. The fact somebody has to tell you this is baffling.

Uhm what? I didn't say anything regarding the target requirement, did i?

10 minutes ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Maybe you should read what thread you are posting in before you set off your bot.

The only "mistake" i did was not quoting the post i responded to, because apprently it is too hard for certain people to recognize context. There is nothing wrong with the content of my post tho, and if you don't like it, maybe try bringing up actual arguments instead of continuing with your weak bot insults.

This is actually the dumbest conversation. You can still blast the Seed of Life. It's the same two buttons, just in the opposite order. It's not hard at all. If anything, it functions a lot better now because Seed is faster so people won't run out of it. The level of the"well ackshually change is bad mmmkay" discourse is ridiculous.

Edited by nucklepuckk.1805
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

The only "mistake" i did was not quoting the post i responded to, because apprently it is too hard for certain people to recognize context. There is nothing wrong with the content of my post tho, and if you don't like it, maybe try bringing up actual arguments instead of continuing with your weak bot insults.

I brought up an actual argument in my last post.

Don't come in to topics with off topic rants that can easily be proven wrong.

• Haha 1