GS is the best power warrior weapon for competitive

Zekent.3652

19 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I really think it's the animation which is keeping them from unrooting it. 

Does anyone know why creating or altering animations are so incredibly taxing on them? I never got over the fact our dagger animations are thief animations. And some of the recycled animations on the EoD especs are cringe inducing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

Does anyone know why creating or altering animations are so incredibly taxing on them? I never got over the fact our dagger animations are thief animations. And some of the recycled animations on the EoD especs are cringe inducing.

I assume they must hire stunt actors and get them into motion capture suits? If they are not outright outsourcing such animations. Its probably just expensive in terms of money.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

I'd throw that question to @Cal Cohen.2358, but my guess is that they have a budget allotted for use, and when you get into the details of bringing over a new animation, even a recycled one, there is dev time for for getting the bugs out, testing the animation, reskinning it's effects, getting those bugs out, and so forth and that probably eats into the budget harder than you would think leading to fewer overall balance changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2022 at 3:26 PM, Kayberz.5346 said:

At this point im fully convinced that the reason they haven't reworked skills like hundred blades is because they have unique animations and would require new ones to be used while moving which would require a lot more work than the usual reworks they do and they probably see decreasing the cast time as being potentially problematic to balance when combined with quickness, so they're avoiding it as long as possible 

If that is the reason it is pretty weird one considering that they use the same animation on Catalyst Rain of Blows which is shorter cast without the movement lock and they do have access to quickness by default.

• Thanks 3

Personally, I've always hated skills 3 4 and 5 on Greatsword, and felt that Berserker's Arc Divider should have been baseline Arcing Slice.

Whirlwind Attack is awful. It puts you through your target, facing the opposite direction, goes too far to reliably perform abilities after using it, but the damage on it is okay. I find myself lining up with a wall behind my enemies before using this so that I don't go out of melee range.

Bladestorm is a joke. I've used this ability many times, and I hate using it. It's clunky, doesn't do good damage unless it hits both ways, and it's certainly not worth using just to try to cripple someone. It needs to be replaced with something else, maybe something ground targeted and called "Damacles" where the sword falls onto a targeted area or enemy.

Rush is workable, but it barely does anything, the animation is sluggish and as everyone else said, it goes wherever it wants. This needs to have its animation changed and provide a reason to be used other than getting back into melee after using a Whirlwind Attack and overshooting or Engaging.

Arcing Slice needs to have more damage to be worth using. Providing Fury is nice I guess, but I can do that a multitude of more reliable ways. Signet of Rage, FGJ, banners, etc. I don't need another source of it, especially on something that's meant to act more like a finishing move than a boon production ability.

if you untick the at farthest range option thing, i think you can manually input how far you want to spin with whirlwind. i could be wrong. 

that aside gs like rifle, for the most part just needs its damage coefficients boosted to viability.

they gutted gs damage with the excuse of mobility skills shouldn't do damage, same with the excuse that cc skills should do no damage, but these changes only mostly affected warrior.

if we look at the big picture and how things played out, you'd think warrior was specifically singled out by these changes.

not to mention they unnecessarily carpet bombed our coefficients.

and i find it really odd that they gave nothing back to the class for years, even after seeing its evidently abysmal standing against other classes.

and still can't get over those june banner changes that went live, that was a big fu we don't give a kitten.

but oct 4 gave us a flicker of hope, i'm really hoping warrior turns it around in future patches.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, eXruina.4956 said:

if you untick the at farthest range option thing, i think you can manually input how far you want to spin with whirlwind. i could be wrong. 

that aside gs like rifle, for the most part just needs its damage coefficients boosted to viability.

they gutted gs damage with the excuse of mobility skills shouldn't do damage, same with the excuse that cc skills should do no damage, but these changes only mostly affected warrior.

if we look at the big picture and how things played out, you'd think warrior was specifically singled out by these changes.

not to mention they unnecessarily carpet bombed our coefficients.

and i find it really odd that they gave nothing back to the class for years, even after seeing its evidently abysmal standing against other classes.

and still can't get over those june banner changes that went live, that was a big fu we don't give a kitten.

but oct 4 gave us a flicker of hope, i'm really hoping warrior turns it around in future patches.

I get the sense that there's been some.... Restructuring... within ANet after the June debacle. They've been much more on point ever since. The 10/4 patch, while imperfect, did so many good things for the game.  Here's hoping for even more and better in November! 

• Thanks 2