Power Herald.

SleepyBat.9034

4 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

I didn't get a chance to play Herald after the change so I don't konw what I'm missing.

There was a bit of quickness when consuming facets.  We get might now instead in PvP/WvW. 

We did get the sigil weapon swap proc on legend swap back, but that;s really something that condi builds utilize more.

On 10/11/2022 at 10:13 AM, SleepyBat.9034 said:

I didn't get a chance to play Herald after the change so I don't konw what I'm missing.

You could shiro tp into someone, legend swap and dump all your glint utilities in a blink of an eye and destroy players with low awereness (pretty much 90% of wvw players). Very fun to do but also very low effort.

On 10/10/2022 at 9:54 PM, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Is it just me or is Power Herald trash currently? And I mean for roaming, I don't give a fig for zergs.

Been a while since I've seen many of them, but my recollection is Power Herald has:

1. Good burst potential

2. Good mobility — or great mobility, if you really really know what you're doing —

3. Limited stability/stun-breaks

4. One really good "oh !$!@!" button from the Glint heal (after that, you're mostly relying on mobility to reset the fight some)

5. Passable sustained DPS, but not exceedingly high

6. No ranger pressure to speak of

That's a build that's good at fighting other glass-cannon specs but seems like it would struggle a bit if lots of players are donning full Cele gear and playing builds with lots of CC.

I suspect some Herald players have also shifted to Willbender because it's also got burst, CC, and mobility but with easier-to-use escape skills and a decent amount of sustain.

18 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

It depends on the skill level of the herald. Good heralds will still make everything hurt, bad heralds are, well, bad. 

The Heralds skill level can only get them so far, the biggest issue is you only have Cleansing Channel, Cleansing Sigil, and Renewing Wave for condition cleanse, I know I could beat a "good" power herald with anything that has conditions.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lotus.5672 said:

If you are dying to power rev on your water earth weaver or whatever garbage build you are playing nowdays, Im sorry to say this but its skill issue.

kitten, how many times have I killed you in WvW for you to be so obviously tilted ? Lmao, I don't even need to entertain your questioning, not like I need to care what your opinion is. Prefer to take my advice from competent players, not edgy gamer bois.

Try to make the jealousy a little less transparent next time 😂 good luck have fun, whoever you are

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, lotus.5672 said:

If you are dying to power rev on your water earth weaver or whatever garbage build you are playing nowdays, Im sorry to say this but its skill issue.

P.s. please duel Bred's power rev and let me know if it changes your mind 😂 yeah man it's sooo bad how would anyone die to it, I'm sure you'll do just fine

4 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

kitten, how many times have I killed you in WvW for you to be so obviously tilted ? Lmao, I don't even need to entertain your questioning, not like I need to care what your opinion is. Prefer to take my advice from competent players, not edgy gamer bois.

Try to make the jealousy a little less transparent next time 😂 good luck have fun, whoever you are

If he makes an ugly Asura female, i'm pretty sure you'll let him win.

22 minutes ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

If he makes an ugly Asura female, i'm pretty sure you'll let him win.

Of course!

Didn't mean to de-rail your thread a bit, I do think sword 3 is cheesy but plenty of things in this game are lol.

I don't see many sword revs roaming anymore and I haven't bothered to play it in quite awhile. Don't cross Breds power rev though, she is disgustingly good at it, with enough effort and the right build it's still quite viable

11 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

Power rev tutorial

Step 1 use sword mainhand

Step 2 use sword 3 to absolutely nuclear bomb annihilate things while evading and taking no damage

Step 3 you win the game

Inb4 o_O reacts

You should probably try wearing armor and not just standing afk, then you might be able to survive against this.

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2022 at 2:27 PM, solemn.9670 said:

bro I just said ur kitten, chill

And stop playing water weaver

On 10/11/2022 at 3:54 AM, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Is it just me or is Power Herald trash currently? And I mean for roaming, I don't give a fig for zergs.

Yeah, the energy cost of skills have totally ruined it. I mean when u have to use 30 freaking energy points, just to stunbreak 😵💫 and basically 0 stab. And other classes can have between 1 and 4 stunbreaks and stab. But yeah, also since cele was overtuned, its been rough on power herald. 

On 10/13/2022 at 11:42 AM, solemn.9670 said:

Counter-counter: wait til they use any block, then use the skill

Or even better: for ele, use lightning shield to immediately interrupt UA and stun the rev.

Anyways, power herald just doesn't have as much sustain as many builds and since its mobility is primarily towards enemies, it doesn't have the disengage to reset.  Most power builds suffer from the same lack of sustain since they need both power and crit on gear, leaving a bit of room for vitality and none for concentration or toughness. 

One of the few exceptions is power Willbender since it's able to so efficiently utilize Dragon's stats without much need for crit on gear.  The mobility is also a ton more versatile than Herald mobility since it can constantly port/leap out of combat to completely control when it is in close range.

• Like 1