Please Test This Build in PvP

Downstate.4697

Hey all,

So I have been experimenting a bit on spb with offhand dagger and found dps build that feels good, but I am not the greatest warrior and would like feedback from the more experienced individuals.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKABgix7lNweYfsQWJeuSavfA-zZIDBtBA

The overall premise of the build is to roam and use your ult for a large burst of damage and healing in d/d while using sw/sh defensively. The superspeed  uptime is really good for landing your skills or getting out of fights/ rotating. Appreciate it.

1 hour ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Hey all,

So I have been experimenting a bit on spb with offhand dagger and found dps build that feels good, but I am not the greatest warrior and would like feedback from the more experienced individuals.

The overall premise of the build is to roam and use your ult for a large burst of damage and healing in d/d while using sw/sh defensively. The superspeed  uptime is really good for landing your skills or getting out of fights/ rotating. Appreciate it.

Welcome to war!

I'll mess with this a bit. One thing that stands out to me immediately is root/snare weakness paired with defiant stance. 

It's not mandatory, but given one of your weapon sets is low mobility, you're going to run into problens with snares even with the superspeed access. I think if you're running defiant stance,  and your goal is small scale, you're going to want a bit more control over how difficult it is to interact with you. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

bad

Thanks man. I bet you have a lot of friends.

13 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Take Resilient Roll. Swap Tactics for Strength and take MMR and some more might generation. That way you can get more resistance. That would help with snares.

Yeah i think reseliant roll could flesh this build out a bit more.  Maybe even rune of resistance for testing purposes. Thanks

25 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Welcome to war!

I'll mess with this a bit. One thing that stands out to me immediately is root/snare weakness paired with defiant stance. 

It's not mandatory, but given one of your weapon sets is low mobility, you're going to run into problens with snares even with the superspeed access. I think if you're running defiant stance,  and your goal is small scale, you're going to want a bit more control over how difficult it is to interact with you. 

Sorry i meant in spvp and not wvw.

26 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

You think cleansing ire is better option?

Strictly speaking you need more condition removal. Cleansing Ire if you have the resistance you are shooting for, and I am nudging you towards, will end up cleansing a lot of conditions over time, but you may want to put Shake it Off on your bar or swap out the heal skill for Mending, or even both if you expect to go up against a condi heavy fight.

The divinity runes in your proposed build isn't a good choice either. Lynx Runes may be better since you aren't running Discipline, but if you are okay with your mobility you have some freedom to pick other options. Fighter Runes are a popular choice for instance.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Strictly speaking you need more condition removal. Cleansing Ire if you have the resistance you are shooting for, and I am nudging you towards, will end up cleansing a lot of conditions over time, but you may want to put Shake it Off on your bar or swap out the heal skill for Mending, or even both if you expect to go up against a condi heavy fight.

The divinity runes in your proposed build isn't a good choice either. Lynx Runes may be better since you aren't running Discipline, but if you are okay with your mobility you have some freedom to pick other options. Fighter Runes are a popular choice for instance.

Builds look more and more like standard spb lol but I like where its going. Still feels different since im not taking gs. My main concern now is sw/sh not really doing much for me.

• Confused 1

If you think cleansing 1 single condition every 60 seconds is enough for pvp,

i suggest you start by playing pvp first with builds from metabattle

then you can consider theory crafting after you get a hang of the flow of pvp.

from simply reading the build,

i feel it's like trying to make a space suit without knowing if space has air or not.

before even getting in to the mechanic detail of the suit.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Builds look more and more like standard spb lol but I like where its going. Still feels different since im not taking gs. My main concern now is sw/sh not really doing much for me.

It would be standard if you did Discipline. Rock Strength/Defense for a while. Play with rune options. You're free from the muscle memory of Discipline at the moment so take that time to explore.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

If you think cleansing 1 single condition every 60 seconds is enough for pvp,

i suggest you start by playing pvp first with builds from metabattle

then you can consider theory crafting after you get a hang of the flow of pvp.

from simply reading the build,

i feel it's like trying to make a space suit without knowing if space has air or not.

before even getting in to the mechanic detail of the suit.

Ive played this game 10 years and almost exclusively pvp, but i get it. I lack exp with warrior and didnt think i needed condi cleanse if i was roaming around points.

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2022 at 12:42 PM, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Hey all,

I ran into something similar to this that was running sword/sword  and Dagger/Dagger / Greatsword. This might work with the new defense line. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 1

On 10/11/2022 at 6:11 PM, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Ive played this game 10 years and almost exclusively pvp, but i get it. I lack exp with warrior and didnt think i needed condi cleanse if i was roaming around points.

then go play warrior build from metabattle and get a hang of warrior game play before making any build.

because that build is still trying to make a space suit without knowing if space has air or not, even with your 10 years of exclusive PvP experience, in which you did not touch warrior once, doesn't know how warrior builds works.

seems unreasonable, as any good pvper would know what warrior does or just any class do in general, without being good at said class.

that's how you get good at pvp, you need to know what your enemy is doing.

but yea theory crafting without knowing anything about it seems very pointless in general

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2022 at 5:02 PM, FrownyClown.8402 said:

You can't really reinvent the wheel with Warrior builds. They have very limited options in competitive modes due to most of their utilities not being great.

Tactics you're using Shouts, Defense you're using Stances, and you're basically always using Bull's Charge because that is the best CC option and procs Peak Performance in Strength. Banners are too immobile to be of much use, and don't have a lot of boon generation if you're not specifically built for it, which if you specifically build for that then you're just losing damage and sustain, mobility is a key factor for Warriors because they need to catch all of the abundant range present in PvP.

Condition cleanse is also extremely important and typically requires the use of Mending and Shake It Off, Cleansing Ire is also a good choice and would go well with Spellbreaker because FC will proc it more easily than the usual "need to actually hit" with other burst skills.

Overall your build tries to break the mold too much and Warrior genuinely doesn't really work that well if you break that mold.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

Banners are too immobile to be of much use, and don't have a lot of boon generation if you're not specifically built for it, which if you specifically build for that then you're just losing damage and sustain

In WvW roaming, I've been using banners for a dual wielding build Mace/Sword, Dagger/Axe and geared with diviner's and commanders. I won every 1v1 except for a glass reaper that went right into lich form after witnessing my sustain. I melted since I didn't take endure pain and I may've played it wrong trying to dodge instead of block.

With this build, the constant resolution and cleansing ire was incredibly helpful against condi builds. My favorite win was when I killed a skilled druid trapper who knew what they were doing. Got him 3x. 3rd time and he either switched classes or logged.