Some Mesmer Players are doing Well in PvP

Mell.4873

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

As opposed to what? Maybe your ranger pet rezzing you faster than a mesmer can do damage to the player? In which case, you have no option than to do a finisher? 

I swear this forum...

"Something i don't like" - IMMEDIATELY OP NERF!

And even if you like the thing, why call it OP? It's just a thing we can do, others have their stuff.

Agreed. I think people are also forgetting that Eng/Ele/Thief can easily evade/invuln while downing you 🤷‍♀️ heck, even a guardian can just put up an aegis if you try to interrupt the finisher. 

Edited by Tseison.4659
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Tseison.4659 said:

Agreed. I think people are also forgetting that Eng/Ele/Thief can easily evade/invuln while downing you 🤷‍♀️ heck, even a guardian can just put up an aegis  if you get to interrupt the finisher. 

Exactly, but no matter what, we're always the problem.

I'm getting sick and tired of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, stormemperor.3745 said:

I never said it needed nerf. stop imagining things 😄 

distortion to finish off downed op asf regardless of how you look at it. It is a fact.

And i never said you did...

I did say however that it's unnecesary to call it OP when it's not.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, stormemperor.3745 said:

I never said it needed nerf. stop imagining things 😄 

distortion to finish off downed op asf regardless of how you look at it. It is a fact.

Sorry I am trying to understand how a 50 sec CD for a stomp is op...just so you can be vulnerable later on because you don't have distortion...

In sPvP scenario even more so if you are fighting on a node because distortion prevents node capturing...yet other people's stomp methods are probably the same with lower CD and will not prevent you from capturing nodes...and if you are not fighting on a node generally its smarter to leave the person bleeding out if you are able to so they don't respawn faster...

Again which part of a 50 second CD stomp is op...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Tseison.4659 said:

Agreed. I think people are also forgetting that Eng/Ele/Thief can easily evade/invuln while downing you 🤷‍♀️ heck, even a guardian can just put up an aegis if you try to interrupt the finisher. 

Now that the gyro is ground target scrapper can even just remote stomp.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2022 at 1:26 PM, katte nici.9483 said:

Re-read what you posted, but slower.

I've literally spelled it out.

Mesmers do not always shatter their clones instantly. 

There is always that lull where you are unable to use a shatter skill even when the F1 is ammo traited. 

On 10/21/2022 at 8:06 AM, Jitters.9401 said:

I've literally spelled it out.

Mesmers do not always shatter their clones instantly. 

There is always that lull where you are unable to use a shatter skill even when the F1 is ammo traited. 

If clones pop out of existence that usually means they got shattered.

I will relay what I said on another post which is that Mesmer needs to play with a very particular team and only really go in when it cant be stalled to death. It is hard to play as Mesmer since there is no way to predict how the enemy will handle your burst.
They can either:

• Go Immune/Block
  • Tank the DPS
  • DPS race back

Any sort of immunity and that includes dodging can really destroy your burst, you need a team that can exhaust all there resources first. The most successful Mesmer I have seen always Duo Que.

• Confused 1

On 10/23/2022 at 12:43 PM, katte nici.9483 said:

If clones pop out of existence that usually means they got shattered.

Never argued that. I'm just saying that there is always a lull when a member cannot use a shatter skill because of either cooldowns or a moment there are no clones available.