Turtles intended to oneshot jormag?

Chzara.6590

If you didn't get credit, you did less than the bare minimum in contribution which is required.

Players on turtles are hardly  killing the boss that fast. You basically have 2 chances currently going by the metas I have experienced:

1. join on the stack or rush in once the ice shield is down in the 100 to 50% phase

2. do enough contribution in the 50% to 0% phase. In this case you will need a ranged weapon because the boss will likely not go vulnerable (aka his claws become hitboxes) and you will have to target the head

If you have no ranged weapon equipped and missed the first phase there is a good chance you never got to actually damage the boss in the second phase thus missing achieving the required contribution.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

All i know was i hit during 1st phase, got that cash land achievement and respawned and during that time phase 2 got done.
And trying to tell me it's not the turtles that killed that dragon in less than a minute while the whole mapchat celebrates how quickly it died to turtlepower? Mapchat would like to talk to you i guess.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Chzara.6590 said:

And you can't tell me that dual pistol berserk thief can't deal enough damage to get contribution either.

I wasn't there. I don't know what you were targetting. I simply explained how I've experienced the fight and what might have caused issues.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 8

Arguing with people on this board whether something violates the rules or not is imo a total waste of time.

Use the ingame bug/exploit-report system. It is very detailed and allows you to make a very specific report. In addition it helps a lot when you can give some details about your observations. Try to cut the emotions out, which is not always possible, and try to make the report clear and easy to understand.

The reports get reviewed rather quickly and checked for validity. If you happened to report something that is considered an intended mechanic, they will just /shrug and move on to the next. So there is NO WRONG entry. If you see something suspicious, report it ingame. If it is a violation of the intended mechanics, it will be taken care of. 

• Confused 4

I posted not long ago about the event ending in 50 seconds, as a result of a platoon of turtles... I was able to keep up and get credit for the event, but in your case, you died, had to select a waypoint (Earthshake, I guess) and then get back to the Claw... Throw in a little lag and maybe the briefest hesitation and inefficiency of movement, and yeah, I can definitely see you missing that last phase.  Jormag is the new Fire Elemental, unfortunately. 

While it's no question a problem that needs to be addressed, in fairness you missed it because you chased the Crash Landing achievement... there are many examples in the game where events, etc., need to be done multiple times in order to get all the various achievements.  Next time, you won't have that constraint and your blazing dual pistols will do just fine!  

• Like 2

I've never seen this happen with people using turtles - barely anyone does at Claw unless it's a big group of people with a commander - even still it's easy to get credit. You just have to be quick and get to Claw as soon as the ice wall goes down, but even then I've never seen the health bar go down too quick for most people to get there. If you miss that chance, get to where he falls for phase 2 and hit him with ranged if you can aim for the head. Heck, if you have absolutely no range then you can use EMP or the Medizooka to hit Claw at a range.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Chzara.6590 said:

Claw of Jormag daily. Can repeat it because people with turtles oneshot it soe those people without turtle didn't get credit. it intended design that anyone without turtle can't get credit from worldbosses?

The majority of the damage are done by the players. Siege Turtles are weak in comparison because their attacks are very slow. They excel in destroying the Corrupted Ice Shields, which used to play a major part in the length of the encounters.

There should be no problem with getting credit, or else 80 to 90% of the players would not have gotten them since most are not mounted on them..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chzara.6590 said:

Guess next time i'll just spam screenshot links of mapchat and the amount of people not getting credit next time and good is.

So some people arrived late did not have a range weapon and dident get credit.

Well maybe be there from the start work on ice wall g hit its foot in the first phase is a solution then?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

It's kind of lame that this world boss can be circumvented this way - they really need to change it so it's invulnerable until ice walls are down or something.

95% of people standing at the feet in the 50-0% phase, dying and ressing each other while doing low dmg just to skip the mechanics is stupid IMO.

This used to be a fun world boss to do.

• Confused 1