(Concept) Mesmer Traits Revamped

Tseison.4659

[Updated]🔼

Hey everyone. Decided to spend a good amount of time just going through our traits and doing a bit of cleaning up, condensing, swapping, rearranging and coming up with something new. These ideas are all just for fun and don’t expect to be taken seriously but if a dev pops by and gets inspired by something out of this, even better.

Domination

https://imgur.com/idJp7jT

https://imgur.com/NvPxgLp

Dueling

https://imgur.com/uAp5ye9

https://imgur.com/o0djmpw

Chaos

https://imgur.com/dgOGRxL

https://imgur.com/1z4ZqZw

Inspiration

https://imgur.com/CG1N7yF

https://imgur.com/GeR746J

Illusion

https://imgur.com/ruWKLFC

https://imgur.com/unWd2N4

Chronomancer

https://imgur.com/6oC7JHF

https://imgur.com/wmqRKq5

Mirage

https://imgur.com/z4AJKyw

https://imgur.com/FeaN1mN

(Note: stuff along the lines of “increased damage, interval, gain additional XXX, increase XXX etc
” no numbers or percentages are provided as that would be based off of what anet deems fair/balanced. So have an open mind.) â˜ș

Edited by Tseison.4659
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, Tseison.4659 said:

Hey everyone. Decided to spend a good amount of time just going through our traits and doing a bit of cleaning up, condensing, swapping, rearranging and coming up with something new. These ideas are all just for fun and don’t expect to be taken seriously but if a dev pops by and gets inspired by something out of this, even better. I have this on a PDF with pictures which visually looks more organized đŸ˜Șbut oh well.

(Note: stuff along the lines of “increased damage, interval, gain additional XXX, increase XXX etc
” no numbers or percentages are provided as that would be based off of what anet deems fair/balanced. So have an open mind.) â˜ș

DOMINATION

Hide contents

Minor Adept

Illusion of Vulnerability

Inflict vulnerability when you interrupt, daze or stun a foe. Shatter skills inflict vulnerability on hit.

Condensed the Rending Shatter and Dazzling traits into one.

Major Adept

Rending Shatter

Shatter skills inflict vulnerability on hit. Shatters deal increased damage against foes with conditions.

Minor Master

Dazzling

Dazing or stunning a foe also applies vulnerability. Interrupts apply blind to your target and nearby foes.

Major Master

Furious Interruption

Gain quickness and steal a boon when you interrupt a foe.

Major Grandmaster

Chaotic Interruptions

Interrupts deal damage and inflict weakness. Enemies you interrupt have an increase cooldown. reduce the cooldown of all your equipped skills. (recharge time reduced: 2s)

Combined Chaotic Interruptions into this trait.

DUELING

Reveal hidden contents

Major Adept

Phantasmal Fury

Your phantasms have fury. critically strike an enemy when summoned.

Major Adept

Duelist’s Discipline

Pistol attacks from you and your illusions inflict bleeding, Interrupting a foe recharges pistol skills. You can now wield the pistol in your main hand as well.

Major Master

Blinding Dissipation

Shatter Skill 2 inflicts blindness, and blinding a foe inflicts confusion.

Combined a part of the Ineptitude trait into this one.

Major Master

Fencer’s Finesse

Gain stacking ferocity effect when you or one of your illusions strikes with a one-handed sword or a spear. Reduced recharge on sword and spear skills. Gain additional ferocity when wielding a sword or spear.

Minor Grandmaster

Master Fencer

Grant fury to yourself and nearby allies when you critically strike an enemy.

Major Grandmaster

Phantasmal  Haste

Phantasms spawn with Quickness. Gain quickness when you create a phantasm. Gain precision when affected by quickness.

Major Grandmaster

Deceptive Evasion

Create a clone at your current position when you dodge and break enemy targeting.

CHAOS

Reveal hidden contents

Minor Master

Illusionary Membrane

While you have regeneration, condition damage you deal is increased, and condition damage you take is reduced.

Major Master

Chaotic Transference

Chaos Armor grants protection when cast. When you gain protection, also gain regeneration. Gain Transmute Chaos.

Major Master

Persistence of Memory

When a phantasm becomes a clone, it transfers its boons to you. or when your illusions are destroyed, it transfers its boons to you.

Persistence of Memory and Chaotic Potency swapped.

Minor Grandmaster

Chaotic Persistence

Gain concentration and expertise, gain additional concentration while affected by regeneration.

Major Grandmaster

Chaotic Interruption Discipline

Gain an aura that pulses each interval to grant a random boon to nearby allies.

INSPIRATION

Reveal hidden contents

Major Adept

Sympathetic Visage Protective Phantasms

Phantasms spawn with aegis and take your conditions when they are first summoned.

Combined Protected Phantasms into this trait.

Major Master

Warden’s Feedback

Focus weapon skills reflect projectiles. Reduces recharge on focus weapon skills. Temporal Curtain becomes a protective barrier at the target location.

Major Master

Protected Phantasms Sympathetic Visage

Your active illusions increase the healing they receive.

Major Grandmaster

Mental Defense

Cast Lesser Phantasmal Defender on your attacker when you successfully block or evade an attack. Shatter skills grant protection to you and nearby allies.

Major Grandmaster

Illusionary Inspiration

Increase healing to others. Summoning an illusion heals all allies around you.

ILLUSIONS

Reveal hidden contents

Major Adept

Escape Artist

Create a clone when you gain stealth and gain endurance.

Major Master

Chaotic Potency

Gain condition damage. Gain additional condition damage while wielding a staff. Staff and trident skills gain reduced recharge.

Major Master

Ineptitude

Confusion you inflict deals increased damage. Decrease strike damage dealt to you by confused foes.

Major Master

Maim the Disillusioned

Shatter skills inflict torment on hit and steal health.

Minor Grandmaster

Master of Misdirection

Copy conditions on yourself onto nearby foes every interval.

Major Grandmaster

Master of Fragmentation

Your Shatter skills are improved. Shatter skills gain recharge reduction.

Condensed Master of Misdirection trait into this one.

Major Grandmaster

Malicious Sorcery

Increases attack speed while wielding a scepter. Your expertise is increased. Scepter skills inflict an additional random condition on hit. Reduced recharge on scepter skills.

Attack speed for scepter should be base.

CHRONOMANCER

Hide contents

Minor Adept

Time Splitter

Gain access to chronomancer shatter skills and Wells. Tides of Time applies Quickness and Alacrity in an area when cast.

Major Adept

Delayed Reactions

Disabling a foe slows them and nearby enemies.

Major Master

Illusionary Reversion Master of Time

Shatter skills generate a clone if you have enough clones present. Shatter skills reduce the recharge of your Wells. Wells have an increased area of effect.

Major Grandmaster

Stretched Time

The first pulse of a well also applies alacrity to allies near the well. Tides of Time now also applies alacrity in an area when cast. Gain increased attributes while affected by alacrity. (Healing)

Major Grandmaster

Seize the Moment

You and nearby allies gain quickness for each clone you shatter. Tides of Time now also applies quickness in an area when cast. Gain increased attributes while affected by quickness. (Power)

MIRAGE

Hide contents

Major Adept

Riddle of Sand

When entering combat, your first Ambush attack applies confusion. This ability refreshes when you use a Shatter skill.

Major Master

Mirrored Axes

Reduce recharge of axe skills. Axe skills generate an additional phantom axe. Phantasmal Warden casts Imaginary Axes and releases phantasmal axes that seek out the nearest target.

Major Grandmaster

Dune Cloak

Use Sand Shards when Mirage Cloak ends. Deal damage and gain barrier when Mirage cloak ends.

What is the motivation for these changes?  Are you trying to fortify or weaken specific builds or open up new builds?

18 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

What is the motivation for these changes?  Are you trying to fortify or weaken specific builds or open up new builds?

Mostly organize, and giving specific traits a better identity. So Dom and Dueling mainly geared towards Pwr/Crit dps. Illusions and Mirage being the condition focused trees. Chaos and Inspiration being Boon/Healing/Defensive focus. Then Chrono being a hybrid of Pwr/Boon/Healing.

This was done with visuals too and in saved as a pdf and looks a lot better than just a walk of text, since certain traits are rearranged/swapped etc

Edited by Tseison.4659

Duelist Discipline : It's bad design to lock a "core weapon" behind a "core trait".

Chaotic Interruption : Do you mean your skills have -2s to their cooldown or do they recharge by 2s when interrupting a foe?

Deceptive Evasion : Don't reset targetting for Mirage (too OP) and Virtuoso (no clone).

Illusionary Membrane / Chaotic Persistence : That's not "increased flexibility", that's just a nerf.

Master of Misdirection : That's a Necromancer thing

Time Splitter : ANet will never let a build be able to provide 100% Alacrity and Quickness uptime by itself regardless of the "sacrifice" or "skill needed" to pull it.

Riddle of Sand : So you apply confusion ONCE per combat ? That's the most useless trait ever designed.

Dune Cloak : Too toxic, you would have Mirage builds to perma cloak/stealth. The original effect is more interesting.

Edited by Kulvar.1239
  • Confused 1

Hey thx for the post 🙂 i know that this takes some time to create and most often ppl are reacting with a confused smiley.

I like some traits you posted eg, "chaos aura when cast"  . Others like de-target on dodge are to strong. Pistol main hand would require a new specialization imo. 

I also like that you tried to make the power, condi, support traits more clear again. Accept in dps for pve and boon removal in wvw the class is lacking in almost all other aspects.

I think they went too much into nerves before and left some good traits out. Eg:

Major Inspiration https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/0/0c/Trait_XI.png/22px-Trait_XI.png Shattered Conditions   Using a shatter skill removes a condition from you and allies around you.
Minor Inspiration https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/a/ae/Trait_mesmer.png/25px-Trait_mesmer.png Phantasmal Healing   Phantasms grant regeneration to nearby allies.

this Skills would today be like: well we could have a better cleanser i think but nice that you cleanse or heal something lol. 

December 11, 2018
  • "Power Block" The damage of this skill has been increased by 20% so that it now matches its tooltip. This trait can no longer critically hit foes.
Major Dueling https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/5/5f/Mistrust.png/25px-Mistrust.png Mistrust   Whenever you interrupt a foe, inflict confusion in an area around them.

this skills might be strong but with the amount of stability in the game hmm and no Dmg on cc in pvp and wvw hmm. 

I have to agree on some points with Kulvar.1239 although i dont like that ppl only point out bad things its easy to judge things its harder to come up with one. So @Tseison.4659 keep it up 🙂 and i hope that you can inspire some!!

1 hour ago, Flow.2947 said:

Hey thx for the post 🙂 i know that this takes some time to create and most often ppl are reacting with a confused smiley.

I like some traits you posted eg, "chaos aura when cast"  . Others like de-target on dodge are to strong. Pistol main hand would require a new specialization imo. 

I also like that you tried to make the power, condi, support traits more clear again. Accept in dps for pve and boon removal in wvw the class is lacking in almost all other aspects.

I think they went too much into nerves before and left some good traits out. Eg:

Major Inspiration https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/0/0c/Trait_XI.png/22px-Trait_XI.png Shattered Conditions   Using a shatter skill removes a condition from you and allies around you.
Minor Inspiration https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/a/ae/Trait_mesmer.png/25px-Trait_mesmer.png Phantasmal Healing   Phantasms grant regeneration to nearby allies.

this Skills would today be like: well we could have a better cleanser i think but nice that you cleanse or heal something lol. 

December 11, 2018
  • "Power Block" The damage of this skill has been increased by 20% so that it now matches its tooltip. This trait can no longer critically hit foes.
Major Dueling https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/5/5f/Mistrust.png/25px-Mistrust.png Mistrust   Whenever you interrupt a foe, inflict confusion in an area around them.

this skills might be strong but with the amount of stability in the game hmm and no Dmg on cc in pvp and wvw hmm. 

I have to agree on some points with Kulvar.1239 although i dont like that ppl only point out bad things its easy to judge things its harder to come up with one. So @Tseison.4659 keep it up 🙂 and i hope that you can inspire some!!

Thank you for the positive feedback! 💜As the goal was to mainly clean up and have the traits more organized as there seemed to be alot of repetitive traits and other traits, mainly the phantasm ones that seemed sorta useless being on their own/taking up a master much less a grandmaster slot. At the end of the day I just wanted to contribute to the Mesmer community as always and what would help, even if they decide to take a few ideas and make it their own. Atleast this post will be here for them to reference if they need some inspiration.

I think what they failed to realize and keep in mind with some of the new traits created is that I never put any internal cooldowns, percentages, numbers etc... for some because that's something anet would decide. 

Master of Misdirection as I changed isn't JUST a necro thing because the spellbreaker has that too. Shroud is a necro thing and yet specter has a shroud now? Alacrity use to be a chrono thing and now everyone has it? Signet of inspiration boon share use to be our thing and now the necros get that?

Original Dune Cloak is interesting? Yet no one is picking it up because it doesn't compete with the other two traits and the other two are worth picking up over it? And the new Dune Cloak I proposed wouldn't be spammable if it's given an icd....

Then in regards to reset targeting, if it’s is issue for people (even though there's only 3 mesmer skills that do it, minus going into stealth), then Clones should be an EXACT copy of the mesmer, copying all food and utility buffs the player has to keep the misdirection/confusion theme.

Chaotic Interruption : Do you mean that it passively lower every cooldown by 2s, or that interrupting a foe recharge every skill currently on cooldown by 2s ?

Duelist Discipline : A weapon being locked behind a core trait goes against ANet design principles.

Fencer's Finesse : The extra baseline ferocity is not warranted as you already get a stacking ferocity buff for using the same weapons. Unless you remove the weapon prerequisite for the passive ferocity, so you can pick that trait without needing to use a sword/spear and still get a little benefit from it.

Chaotic Transference : What does Transmute Chaos do ?

Escape Artist : I assume you mean you gain endurance when you gain stealth, but the way it's written imply you create a clone when you gain endurance.

Time Splitter : Keep in mind that ANet will not allow an elite specialization to provide both perma-Alacrity and perma-Quickness as it would make all other alac or quick elite specialization undesirable.

Riddle of Sand : Removing the refresh on Shatter skill use mean you would only benefit from it once per combat. It's terribly bad for a major trait. Either it applies to all Ambush skills, not just the first of the combat, or you need a mean to refresh it.

1 hour ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

Chaotic Interruption : Do you mean that it passively lower every cooldown by 2s, or that interrupting a foe recharge every skill currently on cooldown by 2s ?

Upon interrupting a foe, icd is increased though.

Duelist Discipline : A weapon being locked behind a core trait goes against ANet design principles.

Fencer's Finesse : The extra baseline ferocity is not warranted as you already get a stacking ferocity buff for using the same weapons. Unless you remove the weapon prerequisite for the passive ferocity, so you can pick that trait without needing to use a sword/spear and still get a little benefit from it.

Chaotic Transference : What does Transmute Chaos do ?

Transmute Chaos would do whatever Anet can creatively think of.

Escape Artist : I assume you mean you gain endurance when you gain stealth, but the way it's written imply you create a clone when you gain endurance.

Correct and the amount of endurance since I didn’t specify how much, can vary based on what Anet wants to put.

Time Splitter : Keep in mind that ANet will not allow an elite specialization to provide both perma-Alacrity and perma-Quickness as it would make all other alac or quick elite specialization undesirable.

Cool. I still don’t see it being as traits anyways and would’ve rather have our old quickness and alacrity wells back and time warp should have it’s duration increased too.

Riddle of Sand : Removing the refresh on Shatter skill use mean you would only benefit from it once per combat. It's terribly bad for a major trait. Either it applies to all Ambush skills, not just the first of the combat, or you need a mean to refresh it.

Yeah reading it back I probably should’ve crossed out the requirement of once per combat and apply everytime you use ambush.

Additionally, if possible if you have time, I’d like to see your own ideas for all the Mesmer traits if possible. I think everyone would appreciate more ideas people can come up with.

Edited by Tseison.4659

IMO timewarp needs major love or a replacement. IMO it should do passive revives per tick on any friendly in the bubble or provide reflects like feedback or pulse stability along with the quick + slow effects. Even then the quickness duration should be higher or the cooldown should be lower. IMO every core elite Mesmer has is useless unless all u have is core. Even then much of time the cooldowns are such that for general play the elites on a mesmer are just not elite.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2022 at 1:09 PM, Tseison.4659 said:

Transmute Chaos would do whatever Anet can creatively think of.

Considering the aura, it could apply a random condition on foes and a random boon on self. Would make the skill more useful in situation where you don't get hit, while staying true to its random nature.

On 10/24/2022 at 1:09 PM, Tseison.4659 said:

Additionally, if possible if you have time, I’d like to see your own ideas for all the Mesmer traits if possible. I think everyone would appreciate more ideas people can come up with.

I don't have particularly strong opinion on traits. I'm more interested in dusting underused heal/utility/elite skills.

I also think Time Warp should be a Manipulation and Mass Invisibility should be a Glamour.