Question about War Machine Weapon Skins

Ghostkat.9580

I was just curious if there will be a way to obtain more of these later. I really like both the sword and the shield, but it sucks to be forced to choose only one and not be able to complete the pair.

Will these be a regular WvW reward eventually, or obtainable through some other way? Is there any ETA on when we can expect their implementation?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Ghostkat.9580 said:

I was just curious if there will be a way to obtain more of these later. I really like both the sword and the shield, but it sucks to be forced to choose only one and not be able to complete the pair.

Will these be a regular WvW reward eventually, or obtainable through some other way? Is there any ETA on when we can expect their implementation?

I hope we can earn more. My first pick was the mace skin for my mechanist. Hopefully, at some point, I will be able to get the shield skin to go with it. Someone in Discord said that the War Machine skins would also change color in WvW every week like we do. Does anyone know if that's true? If so, that would be cool!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

I hope we can earn more. My first pick was the mace skin for my mechanist. Hopefully, at some point, I will be able to get the shield skin to go with it. Someone in Discord said that the War Machine skins would also change color in WvW every week like we do. Does anyone know if that's true? If so, that would be cool!

Did you know the mistforged obsidian weapons also already do the color changes?

Also I tested the skin, I'm on green this week, but it's still gold/red in color...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Also I tested the skin, I'm on green this week, but it's still gold/red in color...

:classic_sad: Sad face that the new skins don't change color but much thanks for the heads up on the mistforged obsidian weapons. I'll have to check them out. 😁

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

The Mistforged Obsidian sword and dagger look good but most of those weapons have the same problem as the Triumphant sets with needlessly added bulky pieces. The team color effect on those two weapons look awesome though and the guard and pommel aren't as noticeably bulky or plastic looking as other weapons in that set. It's a shame these new weapons don't change team colors, seems an odd choice at this point in the game for a WvW exclusive, unless they forgot we change team colors every match. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Fun fact: The Hero's Weapons set was originally introduced as reward for participating in the WvW Tournaments.  Anet finally provided an alternate way to obtain them all after Tournaments were shelved.

I expect the same thing to occur for this weapon set eventually.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Ghostkat.9580 said:

imo that was a hint that anet makes at least 15 more alliance betas 😛 and then another 16 with the same weaponset in green or blue (or.. both)

@Chaba.5410 the hero weapons look rather meh tho. there's tons better skins, but most are lion's claim ticket stuff.

however i do like many of the mistforged obsidian weapons too, the shining effects and colorchange is dope.

then there's the mist lords (that i think wvw and spvp share? or they share the mistforged ones too idk) who are mostly generic, but still kinda special.

but ye, in the end u cannot play wvw for rewards. u'd fool yourself if u did

Edited by kamikharzeeh.8016
  • Confused 2

It doesn't make sense to me that they'd make an entire set of weapons and not allow any players to complete said set. That would be really silly to me. I initially imagined it to be kind of like the EoD preorder bonus weapon chest, which was a sort of early access/preview to weapons we were able to obtain more of once the expansion released.

Normally, I'd feel very silly about even having to ask the question, but lately ArenaNet has been making decisions which appear to unashamedly fly in the face of basic common sense, and communication hasn't been great or timely, so I can't in good conscience be certain of what should or shouldn't be obvious anymore when it comes to ANet these days. I would at least hope they would come out and say something like "once Alliances come out of beta, the War Machine weapon skin chests will be available through WvW-specific achievements/reward tracks,". Doesn't take very much effort to say and gives an idea of what the plan is, at least.

As for future betas, remember when they said Alliances were going to come out THIS YEAR? Yeah, I don't see that happening. There are still too many bugs and too many problems for it to have a stable release any time soon. Then again, EoD launched in what still feels like an unfinished state, and only one Cantha-centric LW season isn't going to be enough to fill all of the story holes and explain all of the lore torn to shreds and thrown out the window just to allow EoD's story to happen, so I can fully see them releasing Alliances in an unfinished, buggy state and then tell us they'd patch it up after the fact.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1