Miniatures in WvW

jballstars.8219

Can we please make miniatures unable to be used in WvW AT ALL?    Miniatures do not stealth and they trail 500+units behind your toon only to lead an enemy group right to you.   Why does PvE have a feature to turn off miniatures when a map is simply full and yet a tactical liability like miniatures are allowed in WvW, still!   This is a very simply fix, turn the ability to use miniatures in WvW OFF.    This is one of the easiest ways for folks to get their group killed,  mistakenly or intentionally with all the trolls out there.   Thank you for your time and I hope that this thread brings about the good natured change to help this game mode we all love !   I ❤️ ViP!   

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

I agree.

A mappable hotkey would work/ or be nice in general too...

I want a mapped hotkey to : "close all open windows" ...since [Esc.] Only does the game menu.

Unless im missing these in the control options .

There is much in there...

Please let me know if i am.

Edited by pHAREZ.7259
  • Like 3

I feel like I have entered an episode of the Twilight Zone. Welcome to all you peeps that are new to the forums all in the same post. Odd as that seems. As a player that will follow the mini to a target, if you use minis you should hide them when you enter WvW. Could they code, for it yes, should they have coded from the start, yes. But for now turn them off we do need other engine changes in place first please, this has been around for quite a while and since WvW needed to wait till EoD to get their system engine people back we need them on the Alliance infrastructure. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, jballstars.8219 said:

You cannot turn them off for the few players in or out of squad.   Just turn em off and call it a day,   TAGS and WvW has enough troll content, try hards, and such.   This is a no brainer.  

Maybe try and talk to the player? Nothing wrong with asking for the change, but don't slow down the limited coding the game mode gets now or we will never get Alliances and post Alliance changes in place.

• Confused 1

Again Twilight Zone episode. So all of you new posters to the forums and upping this, any relation among you people? Did a guild and its members run into something in the beta and someone said hey everyone jump on the forums to up this idea? If so all good, everyone is welcome here, but its making me chuckle and have to wonder. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Maybe try and talk to the player? Nothing wrong with asking for the change, but don't slow down the limited coding the game mode gets now or we will never get Alliances and post Alliance changes in place.

Talking to players in an MMO WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THIS?   I have an LT who spams map , squad, and say chat, and in three different languages for that matter, asking nicely and informatively as to why they should have their miniature unchecked.   As to your concern for  alliances and post alliance changes ever happening due to this simple change is kind of ridiculous to suggest something as simple as this should delay progress whatsoever.   

31 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Again Twilight Zone episode. So all of you new posters to the forums and upping this, any relation among you people? Did a guild and its members run into something in the beta and someone said hey everyone jump on the forums to up this idea? If so all good, everyone is welcome here, but its making me chuckle and have to wonder. 

I am fairly new to the forums yes,  I joined year or two ago but don't post much and skim over it just a little more than for the WvW pairings and such.    A good deal of us are in ViP, and I made this thread to voice are opinion after many many many months of just talking about it , I actually did it.   I don't know if ANET or anyone will do anything, but at least it is out here and I did my due diligence and tried.  I got nostalgic and thought , I am going to be forum active today too.   Enjoy the chuckle!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Talking to players in an MMO WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THIS?   I have an LT who spams map , squad, and say chat, and in three different languages for that matter, asking nicely and informatively as to why they should have their miniature unchecked.   As to your concern for  alliances and post alliance changes ever happening due to this simple change is kind of ridiculous to suggest something as simple as this should delay progress whatsoever.   

38 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I am not new to the forums, I joined October 27, 2017 but don't post much and skim over it just a little more than for the WvW pairings and some threads I find interesting.  I have played since GW1.   A good deal of us are in ViP, and I made this thread to voice our opinion after many many many months of just talking about it , I actually did it.   I don't know if ANET will do anything, but at least it is out here and I did my due diligence and tried.  I got nostalgic and thought , I am going to be forum active today too.   Enjoy the chuckle!  I ❤️ ViP!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, jballstars.8219 said:

I am not new to the forums, I joined October 27, 2017 but don't post much and skim over it just a little more than for the WvW pairings and some threads I find interesting.  I have played since GW1.   A good deal of us are in ViP, and I made this thread to voice our opinion after many many many months of just talking about it , I actually did it.   I don't know if ANET will do anything, but at least it is out here and I did my due diligence and tried.  I got nostalgic and thought , I am going to be forum active today too.   Enjoy the chuckle!  I ❤️ ViP!

No worries when seeing so many new people popping up in the same thread right after it was created made me say hmmm. 🙂 Good luck in your mini quest!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I bet that if miniatures were automatically turned off upon entering a WvW map, the number of forum posts by PvE players who only come to WvW to get their Gift of Battle and complaining about being killed all the time in a PvP game mode would drop significantly.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2