Can we talk about what role for 4th elite spec do we want?

Zekent.3652

Can we talk about what role for 4th elite spec do we want?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What role do you want for the 4th elite spec?

• Support
    • Assassin
    • Ranged/Mid range
    • A different role (comments)

5 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Warrior needs a ranged support specialization that comes with 1500 teleports (base line) on its utilities.

If Spectre can have teleports on wells baseline, despite there already being an overabundance of teleports and Shadowsteps on core Thief, there is no respectable reason Warrior can't get that as well.

I’m going to be honest, I don’t like teleports, so I disagree, but I’m weird xD

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

If anet ever focuses on a non-bruiser warrior it would have to be ports. Willbender, Shiro. It can be done on heavy classes. Warrior simply is regarded as not a class, rather a beginner's option for the story and then glorified pact commander crafting character/mule character. 

A roamer warrior with fundamental movement built into it's kit, with utility skill options capable of augmenting the playstyle would only finally make us decent in our role again of being fast.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Well, the best would be to completely remove teleports from the entire game.

But that's not going to happen, so Warrior needs to get a good portion of that as well.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

i would appreciate more dashes and leaps as well, its more fitting for warrior. 💪

wish they rework kick into a 2 charge 900 range dash.

i guess i'm weird too now. 🤔

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

i would appreciate more dashes and leaps as well, its more fitting for warrior. 💪

I think the distinction is that teleports have some ability to bypass obstacles, while dashes and leaps generally don't (although sometimes a leap can get you somewhere a teleport can't).

That said, reworking spellbreaker meditations could produce a teleport or two. Spellbreakers employ mesmer-like magic and their background suggests guerilla warfare, so teleports would make thematic sense.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

I think the distinction is that teleports have some ability to bypass obstacles, while dashes and leaps generally don't (although sometimes a leap can get you somewhere a teleport can't).

That said, reworking spellbreaker meditations could produce a teleport or two. Spellbreakers employ mesmer-like magic and their background suggests guerilla warfare, so teleports would make thematic sense.

Break Enchantments: Teleport to target foe (1200 range) and remove boons on foes in the area. Foes that remove boons take increased damage. (same skill but requires a target and 1200 range teleports to them first).

WoD: Same skill but teleports to a target foe before the bubble appears. 1200 range.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Well, the best would be to completely remove teleports from the entire game.

But that's not going to happen, so Warrior needs to get a good portion of that as well.

Why won’t it happen? We exist to make the impossible possible. We exist to transcend reason and shatter logic! We are warriors!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

Dw we can be weird together 🙂 

High speed leaps/dashes are much more fun than teleports imo. 100% would take something like a leap with the speed of Dragon Slash 2 instead of a teleport. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Why won’t it happen?

Because Arenanet loves adding more and more teleports and other mobility creep to professions (except to Warrior), I can't see them ever remove every single teleport skill from every single profession.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

As someone who believes that e-specs were the wrong way to go about increasing profession variety in the first place, I hope they stop making them, and instead look at balancing what we have.

Partly because the most recent e-spec will always be the most powerful form of any profession in order to push people in to buying the latest expansion, and partly because of the way stats are tied to gear, e-specs haven't increased variety at all.

I understand that the game is F2P and that ANet have to make money, but looking at the game from a balance perspective, it's laughable. "Balance" at the moment is purely profit-driven.

If the devs were truly interested in making a game that could be taken seriously by competitive players (be they PvE or PvP focussed), core builds would be as effective as especs, and especs would be more focussed on being mechanically distinct to core as opposed to just simply being better.

Mumble, grumble, GW1 did it better, GET OFF MY LAWN!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Break Enchantments: Teleport to target foe (1200 range) and remove boons on foes in the area. Foes that remove boons take increased damage. (same skill but requires a target and 1200 range teleports to them first).

WoD: Same skill but teleports to a target foe before the bubble appears. 1200 range.

Could work. Maybe give Featherfoot Grace a backwards roll or teleport as well, give it the "breaks the stun and gets you out of the area so you don't just get restunned again" effect.

Years passed and what I want still is the same.

Looking forward to get staff and pet soldiers, shared adrenaline with soldiers' skills, positive adrenaline to deal damage, negative adrenaline (will need a new name here, dopamine?) to focus support. Pretty much like Lotro's captain and rune keeper.

Edited by artharon.9276
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

FFG I would give more superspeed to instead.

My consideration is that warrior is still pretty susceptible to stun chains - where using a stunbreak doesn't help a lot because the next stun is already coming and you don't have much opportunity to stop it before it lands. Balanced Stance is essentially the warrior's inferior equivalent to SYG, but apart from SIO which is essentially condi removal that happens to stunbreak, alternative stunbreaks really need to offer some means of avoiding or absorbing the followup that is usually coming after the initial stun lands.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

My consideration is that warrior is still pretty susceptible to stun chains - where using a stunbreak doesn't help a lot because the next stun is already coming and you don't have much opportunity to stop it before it lands. Balanced Stance is essentially the warrior's inferior equivalent to SYG, but apart from SIO which is essentially condi removal that happens to stunbreak, alternative stunbreaks really need to offer some means of avoiding or absorbing the followup that is usually coming after the initial stun lands.

This is true, but I think the answer to that problem lies more in traits.

The stab on stunbreak from Eternal Champion for instance. That really needs to be moved to a Core trait.

• Thanks 1

Though I voted support, I'd rather not talk about the 4th expansion or elite specs. I'm NOT getting on another stupid hype train for gw2 while EoD has been generally pretty much a dud. Let's focus on actually fixing stuff in this game instead of cashing in on the latest hype train. It does not help that people willfully get on this train instead of being realistic.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...