New Auras

Bast.7253

I’d love to see an expansion of the current aura system. New types, maybe even different effects based on what auras you have stacked if they can stack. 

Id love to see an arcane aura. Maybe a prismatic aura too.

Maybe a water aura? Something that heals allies around you when you’re hit while having water aura?

Arcane aura could give increased crit chance or maybe extra attacks? Blinding to attackers? 

what kind of auras would you like to see?

• Thanks 1

I would personnaly like a rework on those auras . They are very efficient in pvp , wvw , but in pve the most of them are useless : only frost aura seems to be good , magnetic aura is ok but i largely prefer a giant bubble or wall to reflect/destroy projectiles , the others only proc effect when you are struck with a 1 sec cd (2 for shock aura) , knowing they last only 4secondes , they are all pretty useless in pve regarding the attack speed of most mobs  , their only good side is to proc some effect , like prot. on mesmer and many others on ele.

They should add the effect "while struck" when we get them , and enhance some of them , why not make fire aura a tiny "ashes of the just" , increase the size of magnetic aura so it can cover allies a bit , make shock aura owner first attack daze ( maybe a bit op i know) , light aura increase your outgoing healing  , dark aura send one of your condi to the nearest enemy , chaos aura increase boon duration (bypass the concentration , would be amazing for staff/staff  mirage).

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Can we include skills and traits that remove Auras from enemies as well?

You mean Aura Slicer? That would be interesting. Null Field would be another candidate as well as Shadowfall (maybe, constant pulling to the center would be opposite of an aura). 

Most auras short of shocking aura and magnetic aura are largely inconsequential though.

7 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

You mean Aura Slicer? That would be interesting. Null Field would be another candidate as well as Shadowfall (maybe, constant pulling to the center would be opposite of an aura). 

Most auras short of shocking aura and magnetic aura are largely inconsequential though.

Or they could be treated as boons and be subject to boon removal/corruption.

• Confused 1

I want to see many new auras base off of all field types (leap combos becoming auras generators only) as well as each class having the ability to transmutation there "class" aura. Just an rufe ideal of what classes gets what.

So i want to see an shadow aura (smoke field leap and thf transmutation), an poison aura (poison field leap and ranger transmutation), water aura (water field leap and ele (for ele scepter needs the effect), other transmutation).

A bit expanding on transmutation for other classes Fire aura war transmutation, dark aura necro transmutation, light aura gurd transmutation, lighting aura eng transmutation, chaos aura mez transmutation, maybe earth aura (or water?) rev transmutation. (I also want to see an earth field added to the game even if its just layline field or something.)

Edited by Jski.6180

Many of the current auras are barely even used, it'd probably be better to just make them more common. The only auras you really see outside of a random combo is the Elementalist auras, so I think that every class with access to the less common auras should be able to cast them directly from weapons/utility skills.

That said I wish all combo fields had more consistent, normalised effects to each other.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508