Proposal: Give a separated cooldown for each [Recharging Teleport to Friend] item

Hi, I'm writing this request because i think many players would like to be able to use more often the feature of the [Recharging Teleport to Friend].
Now, i would personally prefer to have 3-4 of this and be able to use the feature 3-4 times in an hour respect than having to consume my normal teleports.

I don't know how many of those you manage to sell on the gemstore but people like me won't buy them, it's a matter of mindset: i prefer to avoid consumables if possible.

I think i'm not the only one that would buy 2 or 3 more recharging TP to friends, it would be a nice Quality of Life thing.
The meta/world boss farmers would find this option useful, for example.

Let me know what you think

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

I would like if they cut it down to maybe every 30 min instead of an hour.  I definitely would not want to pay a small fee of gems to recharge it faster.  It's not a big issue personally as I usually use it once a day, and have a lot of the one time use teleports saved up from daily log in rewards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Natasjie.9245 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Boss_Portal_Device

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Maguuma_Pact_Operation_Portal_Device

doesn't seem like they sold very well since they haven't continued making more, they even have the additional "benefit" of selling more shared slots

Edited by Khisanth.2948
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

The infinite teleport to friend should have an option to instant-recharge for a small fee of 1-2 gems. 1h cooldown is a joke.

If they are going to do that then they should make TTF a baseline ability every character has. Purchasing the recharging gizmo should shorten the cooldown.

Paying the 1-2gems should bypass rather than do an instant recharge. The difference between bypass and instant recharge is that if there is 30m left on the CD and you bypass it will still be 30m after but if you instant recharge then afterwards it will be back to 1h meaning you wasted 30m of recharge.

A better system would be to have charges accumulate based on play time. Each hour of play time generates 1 charge. The gizmo can cause additional charges to be generated or generates it faster.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

I’m kinda wondering why you would need to use a teleport to friend multiple times an hour on, I’m assuming multiple days over the course of months and years. 

Switching maps for metas, events, and bounties.  Sometimes hopping from one tag to another in a hurry, and it's handy.  Largely though I agree, unusual to use it more that many times.  

17 hours ago, Natasjie.9245 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Boss_Portal_Device

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Maguuma_Pact_Operation_Portal_Device

17 hours ago, Natasjie.9245 said:

Let me know what you think

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/120971-recharging-tp-to-friend-recharge-is-too-long-gripes-about-other-cds-as-well/

I don't think what you want should be a thing.

[sidenote @CrashTestAuto.9108: forum search works, still don't know what your problem with it is 😄 ]

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Well the Portal devices will not necessarily bring you to the same instance of the squad you joined in LFG. That's probably the reason they don't sell...i have them both but they are basically just reminders.

For the reason to not do this i suppose you mean the possible exploits. Well, those should be solved, not just contained with a cooldown. If the number of ppl using it doubles the problem will double as well. A cooldown is not a solution.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Natasjie.9245 said:

Well the Portal devices will not necessarily bring you to the same instance of the squad you joined in LFG. That's probably the reason they don't sell...i have them both but they are basically just reminders.

For the reason to not do this i suppose you mean the possible exploits. Well, those should be solved, not just contained with a cooldown. If the number of ppl using it doubles the problem will double as well. A cooldown is not a solution.

And teleport to friend dont take you to the map at all if full so the boss portal devices are superior.

You can then right click join instance at the correct map instead of  clicking teleport to friend and name from somewere else tho.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1