Revenant vs Warrior

Zbysier.3425

1 hour ago, Zbysier.3425 said:

sooo... to not create another thread about the same... if, at some point, I would like try myself playing raids/fractals or WvW, will I have better chances as rev or war to find group? I like both of those professions, yet do not have time to roll each of them...

Read the post above yours. It describes everything almost perfectly.

• Like 1

To be a little more informative about it, in PvE at least (don't play WvW enough to comment):

Some changes since this thread started have helped a lot. Warrior now has some high-tier power DPS builds, and it can sub in quickness fairly effectively. Condi berserker is now somewhat respectable as well.

Revenant, however, can do all this, and usually bringing a bit more additional utility to the group, especially on herald builds (being able to increase the duration of everyone's boons can allow for greater margin for error on your supports). There's also a viable heal quickness build, which warrior doesn't have, and in a pinch, you can flip over to alacrity renegade (it's been massively overshadowed by other alacrity options nowadays, but it still exists). So if you want to have as many options as possible on one profession, revenant has it pretty good (albeit not as good as engineer), and it's probably a better quickness source overall. If you are happy to switch professions based on what the group needs, though, warrior does have some good power DPS options.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Jungario.6485 said:

Sorry for refresh... but, after last balance patches, rev is still better choice than warrior? Both seems fun to me, struggle to choose what to level, gear up and main first in the nearest future 😉 

Just have one (or more) of both.

Not having to be primarily invested in one profession is one of the best points of GW2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jungario.6485 said:

Sorry for refresh... but, after last balance patches, rev is still better choice than warrior? Both seems fun to me, struggle to choose what to level, gear up and main first in the nearest future 😉 

My previous post in this thread was taking into account the balance patch. In summary, rev is still better than warrior if you have to pick one, but the gap is smaller, and warrior pulls slightly ahead in full power DPS builds.

Edited by draxynnic.3719
  • Like 2

On 11/8/2022 at 1:40 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Str: Top/Mid/Mid
Tact: Top/Bot/Bot

Mending, FGJ, Frenzy, SIO, SoR

Use a greatsword, cap out your precision, and run one of the runes that summons a critter. You'll never die.

What is the best spe for you to play with this build? And as a secondary weapon? I try to play warrior in OW but I find it very squishy :s Thank you very much

Edited by Fya.4512
duplicate word

2 hours ago, Fya.4512 said:

What is the best spe for you to play with this build? And as a secondary weapon? I try to play warrior in OW but I find it very squishy :s Thank you very much

Depends on the game mode and your preference. You can do it with any spec. Any weapon that has might built into it will work, or any high hit rate weapon. For OW try Spellbreaker with Magebane Tether. That with MM, PS, and MMR will make you almost immortal in large groups.

Visuals, versatility, builds with different difficulty to play, truly non generic skills...

Go with Rev.

Say goodbye to your racial skills and that ghost wolf though 😄

I know you don't care about the fun factor, there are some Warrior moments I'd like to mention anyway:

That moment when...

You see your fellow ow people struggle with 20 mobs jumped on them, you hit your dragon trigger and BFG9000 everything on your path. 

You jump into an ongoing fractal fight, party members just went downed state, and you place your battle standard, and boom instantly boys go back on their feet, you quietly say "you scrubs", and you spam shouting skills like a drill commander, for heals.

You one shot CC bar with your harpoon gun 5. mace f1 and 5. 

You encounter a cocky guy who can't shut up about how bad warrior is and you beat him silly in a dps race, right before linking your exotic gear.  

On 11/7/2022 at 7:27 PM, oscuro.9720 said:

All I see lately is “rev this”, “rev that”. “Rev here”, “rev there”. “The best players tend to win and the best players play rev” or something like that. No! Listen here, rebuke the opinions of the infidels! Cover thine ears at towards the utterances of these lowly heathens! 

Let me ask you, my brothers of war, what is it you wish? Do wish to live in the shadows of the mist, powerful yet lost, forever seeking your way? Or do you long to know the view from the mountain top? Do you crave to look out over all of creation as your domain, the crisp air invigorating thy lungs, the air clear of any malady that besets those content to call themselves mortal? 

For I tell you, the former is the way of the coward. To obfuscate one’s view intentionally for a quick reach towards power is the stunted thinking of those who would just as soon flee in the face of a greater force. Not Warrior, no. If you have balls big enough to reach the floor when you assume the horse stance, if you are the one who looks at the advancing hordes of enemies whom left you but one way out and says “nay, the path I take shall be of my own making, not that of mine enemy” and charge headlong into the night from which the lesser beings have fled long ago, than take up thine sword. You are one of us, you already know the answer! Deep in the bloody crevices of thy heart, there may lie a few embers that have been sparked ablaze. And if so, than you have something truly special. 

So pick up thy feeble arms, spread thy twiggy legs, and begin swinging thine sword. For the only way to the top of the mountain, the only way towards the greatness which only Warrior may achieve, is through a grueling work unbeknownst to the lesser professions. Now come, my brother in war, the choice is clear! “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking up at the stars”. Dare to look up, to the infinite domain of space, and dare to reach even further! Past the back of beyond, beyond the edge of infinity! Come with us, along the way of the Warrior!

I knew I shouldn't have come here, after this gem I'm gonna have to re-instal and come back

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Blackthunder.8679 said:

I knew I shouldn't have come here, after this gem I'm gonna have to re-instal and come back

Return to us, my brother. The way is always open, thine body awaits the punishment of growth that shall propel thee to heights thee hath not even seen in thine own dreams. The time of the warrior approaches, join us on our journey beyond what is beyond!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2022 at 3:42 PM, artharon.9276 said:

I know you don't care about the fun factor

it's not that i don't care, but fun factor is subjective and each of us have different perception :) I find both professions fun to play, yet the reason I have created this thread is that I would like to focus on one character (as even for one I barely find time to play it) instead of multiple (immersion factor). 

E.g.

I would  really like to try spellbreaker as it seems quite interesting and fun to play, yet there is berserker first, which I do not like from the very beginning it's appeared. 

With rev I have some doubts/fears if I will be able to use it's potential on decent level (renegate has those 3 command skills, which seems at first glance a bit complex to use together with legends and weapons swap... and then we have vindi with alliance legends) - quite a lot of button clicking as I look at it.