Revenant vs Warrior

Zbysier.3425

Hi all,

I was thinking quite long to ask that question: Rev or War? Target is OW. I am not asking about fun aspect (as this is subjective), but more about which profession has easier gameplay, which one is more rewarding, which could be considered as with better survivability, which the game life is easier with?

Short answer: Rev.

Long answer: While not as strong as it used to be, revenant has a lot of options to reduce, heal, or outright avoid damage. To illustrate, for instance, every core traitline has at least one self-healing trait, so you can put together pretty much any build and have a significant amount of self-sustain, and most builds can also bring a significant amount of Protection as well. For warrior, however, the primary way you can get something equivalent is if you run Might Makes Right and orient your build towards frequent restacking of Might.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Yea, the answer is Rev, but there is a Bladesworn build that's worth mentioning too.

It can solo open world boss content potentially easier than any rev build can at the moment.  However, it takes cavalier's gear, requires an EMP for any breakbar damage, and that EMP can no longer be recharged with the Bladesworn elite skill.  See vid below.

That being said, most general content is easier with rev because:

1) You get lots of passive healing from Battle Scars as well as two heal skills

2) The Legend system means that you can build a full DPS build and still have multiple utility skills that provide more than just damage, such as stun breaks, stability, etc.

3) Revs have builds that scale incredibly well with Celestial gear, which is hands down your best all-around solo open world gear

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cele Renegade is probably the most effortlessly survivable spec I've played in open world. I think I enjoy all three specs of the Warrior in open world more, but I definitely spend a lot more of my time with positioning and retreating to survive against more difficult enemies. Revenant in general just feels a lot more sturdy, and you always have solid utilities since they're all built into the class.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

All I see lately is “rev this”, “rev that”. “Rev here”, “rev there”. “The best players tend to win and the best players play rev” or something like that. No! Listen here, rebuke the opinions of the infidels! Cover thine ears at towards the utterances of these lowly heathens! 

Let me ask you, my brothers of war, what is it you wish? Do wish to live in the shadows of the mist, powerful yet lost, forever seeking your way? Or do you long to know the view from the mountain top? Do you crave to look out over all of creation as your domain, the crisp air invigorating thy lungs, the air clear of any malady that besets those content to call themselves mortal? 

For I tell you, the former is the way of the coward. To obfuscate one’s view intentionally for a quick reach towards power is the stunted thinking of those who would just as soon flee in the face of a greater force. Not Warrior, no. If you have balls big enough to reach the floor when you assume the horse stance, if you are the one who looks at the advancing hordes of enemies whom left you but one way out and says “nay, the path I take shall be of my own making, not that of mine enemy” and charge headlong into the night from which the lesser beings have fled long ago, than take up thine sword. You are one of us, you already know the answer! Deep in the bloody crevices of thy heart, there may lie a few embers that have been sparked ablaze. And if so, than you have something truly special. 

So pick up thy feeble arms, spread thy twiggy legs, and begin swinging thine sword. For the only way to the top of the mountain, the only way towards the greatness which only Warrior may achieve, is through a grueling work unbeknownst to the lesser professions. Now come, my brother in war, the choice is clear! “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking up at the stars”. Dare to look up, to the infinite domain of space, and dare to reach even further! Past the back of beyond, beyond the edge of infinity! Come with us, along the way of the Warrior!

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

<long, beautiful poetry>

For as much as I love Warrior as well, the OP did not ask for that.

The OP asked for hard objective facts. Revenant factually is superior to Warrior in all instances that the OP asked about.

However, your contribution is deserving of a heart! Sadly, the heart I can give you isn't a golden one.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

36 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

<The song of my people and my heart>

I swear, when we see whomever the new God of War is that replaced Balthazar, his name had better be Oscuro (or at least his High Priest...), and there had better be a book collection quest for his new teachings and its pages had better be verbatim a collection of all this beautiful warrior poetry that you come up with.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

For as much as I love Warrior as well, the OP did not ask for that.

The OP asked for hard objective facts. Revenant factually is superior to Warrior in all instances that the OP asked about.

However, your contribution is deserving of a heart! Sadly, the heart I can give you isn't a golden one.

To quote OP: “Which one is more rewarding?”

What is more rewarding than to look back on the labors of the path ye hath tread, knowing though hast become a superior individual from thine own work? What is more rewarding than scaling to heights unbeknownst to the lesser professions not through the abuse of silly magics, specters of the past, or cowardly deceit, but through the growth of one’s own physical ability? Through the accumulation of clauses and muscle which hath brought forth in thee the ability to press beyond the limitations afforded by the easier routes of the other professions? 

To quote OP: “Which is easier to play?”

Is it not easier to live knowing though hath given thyself over entirely to the pursuit of transcending thine mortal limits? What is more difficult than sitting in a chair, old age coming to strike the the final blow, knowing that you could have given even on ounce more of effort? What is more difficult than dealing with the regret of seeing thine own potential buried on the field of battle, undiscovered, like a diamond left muddy and unrefined? 

To quote OP: “Which one is considered as with best survivability?”

What can endure more than a Warrior who is unyielding in their resolve? What can survive more than a person who has broken themselves down and been rebuilt time and time again through their own efforts? What can stop a person who has cast aside reason, logic, sanity in the pursuit of greatness? Also rev is kinda squishy Ngl.

Hard Objective Fact 1: Warrior is best.

Hard Objective Fact 2: Horse stance makes your legs thicker. Pair it with 7 sets of 3 backsquat, 5 sets of 7 leg extension, 5 sets of 7 hamstring curls, and 5 sets of 7 flute glute extension, plus one high-volume low intensity calf work and you WILL have thicc legs in due time. 

Hard Objective Fact 2: Warrior benches more than your deadlift.

Hard Objective Fact 3: This is getting weird.

Hard Objective Fact 4: Full Counter is the best mechanic in the game. 

Hard Objective Fact 5: To be Warrior is to cast aside the crutches of the lesser professions, to unbind the shackles of thine own making, and begin the long , arduous journey of self improvement until thy sword shall pierce into the bosom of the universe herself, transcending beyond the likes of gods and dragons. 

In summary; Warrior.

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

What is more rewarding than to look back on the labors of the path ye hath tread, knowing though hast become a superior individual from thine own work? What is more rewarding than scaling to heights unbeknownst to the lesser professions not through the abuse of silly magics, specters of the past, or cowardly deceit, but through the growth of one’s own physical ability? Through the accumulation of clauses and muscle which hath brought forth in thee the ability to press beyond the limitations afforded by the easier routes of the other professions? 

Is it not easier to live knowing though hath given thyself over entirely to the pursuit of transcending thine mortal limits? What is more difficult than sitting in a chair, old age coming to strike the the final blow, knowing that you could have given even on ounce more of effort? What is more difficult than dealing with the regret of seeing thine own potential buried on the field of battle, undiscovered, like a diamond left muddy and unrefined? 

What can endure more than a Warrior who is unyielding in their resolve? What can survive more than a person who has broken themselves down and been rebuilt time and time again through their own efforts? What can stop a person who has cast aside reason, logic, sanity in the pursuit of greatness? Also rev is kinda squishy Ngl.

Hard Objective Fact 2: Horse stance makes your legs thicker. Pair it with 7 sets of 3 backsquat, 5 sets of 7 leg extension, 5 sets of 7 hamstring curls, and 5 sets of 7 flute extension, plus one high-volume low intensity calf work and you WILL have thicc legs in due time. 

Hard Objective Fact 5: To be Warrior is to cast aside the crutches of the lesser professions, to unbind the shackles of thine own making, and begin the long , arduous journey of self improvement until thy sword shall pierce into the bosom of the universe herself, transcending beyond the likes of gods and dragons. 

In summary; Warrior.

... and with such responses I am feeling guilty not playing as warrior 😄

Edited by Zbysier.3425
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Hard Objective Fact 2: Horse stance makes your legs thicker. Pair it with 7 sets of 3 backsquat, 5 sets of 7 leg extension, 5 sets of 7 hamstring curls, and 5 sets of 7 flute extension, plus one high-volume low intensity calf work and you WILL have thicc legs in due time. 

Wtf is "flute extension"?

You know what, nevermind. Don't answer that.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

In summary; Warrior.

From the book of Warrior, Chapter 11, Verse 28. Yea verily let it be known and shall the weak tremble before Warrior.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1