Sitting in a Novelty Chair = Arborstone Incredibly Well Rested buff?

Trying to understand the Novelty Chair and Arborstone Rested thing.

After testing it, it appears that every 15 seconds this new effect adds 2 minutes to your Incredibly Well Rested buff.

What purpose does this serve, was this something players asked for?  It seems like such an odd addition unless it is a precursor to getting other EoD features being added to Core and older expansion maps.

Does this hint at us seeing Jade Battery and Jade Offensive and Defensive Protocol outside of EoD at some point?

13 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

What purpose does this serve, was this something players asked for?

People asked for this buff to be added to main cities and other hubs where players tend to idle/log out on a regular basis, with the prerequisite that you first own EoD and level up the related masteries. I didn't anticipate it being added to chairs; weird move, but I guess that's fine. In practice, I imagine you'll see a bunch of chairs around merchants where people are racking up the buff while doing their trading post and inventory management for the day.

I'd still like to see the buff added as a passive benefit for staying/logging out in main cities/hubs, but having it on chairs doesn't seem harmful (yet).

18 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Does this hint at us seeing Jade Battery and Jade Offensive and Defensive Protocol outside of EoD at some point?

Maybe, since HoT/PoF elements (Mushrooms, gliding, ley lines, mounts) have seen their uses outside of expansion maps. As long as it's required that you have EoD first, they'll still get their sales and the masteries might feel less cheap if they aren't map/region locked, but who knows?

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Justforvisit.3709 said:

Jade Batteries.....Jade Batteries everywhere!

Let's create another Sea of Jade! ❤️

Please no more maps with jade batteries that are scattered around and littering them. It should be enough if these are available on EoD and season 6 maps. 

On 11/10/2022 at 12:15 AM, Zok.4956 said:

Please no more maps with jade batteries that are scattered around and littering them. It should be enough if these are available on EoD and season 6 maps. 

I think the devs would most likely balance difficulties of future contents with the Jade Tech Protocols in mind, so I believe we will see these Jade Batteries and protocols in future open world maps as well. Season 6 and beyond.

But, after season 6 (or Cantha), I don't think overabundance of jade related stuffs make much sense, so I think some battery charging stations and protocol units packed in a few limited "safe spaces" across the maps would be the ideal approach towards this issue.

Edit-

Also, the reasoning behind some of the changes could be as simple as "because it makes sense". Like, I remember back then, in raid settings, guardian scepter was more effective than main hand sword. They didn't think it makes sense for a ranged weapon to do better in melee than a melee weapon, so they buffed the main hand sword (or nerfed the scepter?).

The same thing could apply here. Because look, it does make sense that you get rested if you sit on a chair for some time.

Edited by Raffrey.5271
  • Like 2

Wait, so you get the rested bonus in any hub so long as you sit in a chair and have the masteries? And to be sure, chairs are something you can only get through the gemstore because they never added any boring, generic free ones?

I guess my point doesn't mean much 'cause you already need to pay for EoD, but it just seems odd to me that you need to buy a chair, too.

1 hour ago, Smoky.5348 said:

Wait, so you get the rested bonus in any hub so long as you sit in a chair and have the masteries? And to be sure, chairs are something you can only get through the gemstore because they never added any boring, generic free ones?

I guess my point doesn't mean much 'cause you already need to pay for EoD, but it just seems odd to me that you need to buy a chair, too.

Chairs of the world achievement equals free chair.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Smoky.5348 said:

Info to help out with this, here the currently available chairs "in-game" unrelated to the gem store:

- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bench_of_the_Final_Judge

drop from Dhuum, raid wing 5 final boss, purchasable with Magnetite shards or off the TP

- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Luxurious_Pile_of_Gold

rewarded for completing all the achievements related to raid wing 6

- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Throne_of_Ahdashim

rewarded for completing all the achievements related to raid wing 7

- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Jade_Throne

can drop in any of the EoD metas and also purchase able in EoD for 20,000 imperial favor

- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Victory_Rock

awarded upon reaching the 7th year birthday gift

- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chair_(novelty)

awarded upon completing the Chairs of the World achievement

Spoiler

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusion_of_Sitting

awarded upon completing the Someone in Need achievement

Especially the last 2 are more than accessible to every player.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2

Mm-hm, l see. These are several somethings. The trickiest thing about this game is not knowing where to start; l was convinced chairs were a shop thing only. Good learns were had today, appreciate it.

I'm still concerned there are still so few "normal" chairs, but this is one more that l knew about prior.

Edited by Smoky.5348

9 hours ago, Vavume.8065 said:

If you are sitting in a chair in WvW then you probably should not be in WvW.

I kind of disagree with this.  Many a thing has been blamed for ques over the years, and each has been dealt with to the point that there are still afkers and in many tiers only ques on reset night or weekend, which has in turn been blamed on low population or transfers.

Commanders still take time to gather and have to take bio breaks during their shifts and an extra experience buff in wvw is a good thing for the majority.

• 2 weeks later...