Help with Investigative Record 3

ursahydroxide.1862

1 hour ago, ursahydroxide.1862 said:

Has anyone managed to find the first recording (in Escape from lion's arch) for this achievement yet? It's difficult to keep track of where I've searched with such a big instance

Yes.

Spoiler

It is behind one of the WvW portals.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

Hopefully they don't do these kind of achievements again.  Nothing more annoying than having to run your cursor all overt the screen trying to find something interactable and even worse when it's next to a bunch of other things that are.

I'm fine with these achievements.

But the objects need to have names.

Achievements should never require out-of-game resources of being excessively painful. It was bad during Visions of the Past, it's bad now. Never, ever, have interactive objects that are required for progress (mandatory or optional) without names.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Never, ever, have interactive objects that are required for progress (mandatory or optional) without names.

Agreed. And I add to that:
If you have several items you have to collect, make a list in the achievement panel, so we can see in game, which items we already have found/unlocked. This was (for me) the most annoying part of the "in need" collections from last weekend: Collecting 15 small orbs that are scattered around a (big) map without seeing how many and which ones are already found/unlocked and the only visual clue to see if we found an orb is to not see it anymore at it's previous location (if we remember the location).

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

I'm fine with these achievements.

But the objects need to have names.

Achievements should never require out-of-game resources of being excessively painful. It was bad during Visions of the Past, it's bad now. Never, ever, have interactive objects that are required for progress (mandatory or optional) without names.

Yeah, they would have been fine if there were names such as in LS2.  At least three people prefer them to not have names it seems.

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 1

The thing without the names: Some people really seem to like it. (I do not know why-.) But ... depending on the graphics settings it can seem that you visually can see an area - with most other objects visible ... but the letters/books need you to get a lot closer. Had this in the previous chapter somewhere I think. That should at least also have a high priority ... like "always show" - independent of the settings of the graphics.

• Thanks 1

Is there a way to replay Escape from Lion's Arch without starting over again? I need the same thing for that achievement and I thought it would qualify to have that purple icon for replay.  It doesn't, sadly. 

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now after I quit the story and went back to the LA entrance at Gendarrans.

Edited by gwjacleu.9758
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

When you're lost, always consult Ayin

Wiki is always the best bet for any info since they are often links to related achievements you will need: Investigative Record 3 Although external online guides do help a lot to fill in some missing pieces especially video guides you can follow to the locations. But sometimes these video guides are hard to follow if not properly annotated, particularly some of the older guides.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Confused 1