Hopium

Salt Mode.3780

This is a reason why you don't wish for more as a  Mesmer main. Not only did they not mention Mirage getting a 2nd dodge back but instead of buffs we got nerfs on csplit considering it wasn't mentioned PvP or PvE this is probably going to affect both modes. To those Alacrity Mirage, your boons got reduced. So no real buffs perhaps some damage buffs in PvE but certainly nerfs in the competitive side.

Im guessing distortion for both chrono and virtuoso is going to carry us till the next expansion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

This is a reason why you don't wish for more as a  Mesmer main. Not only did they not mention Mirage getting a 2nd dodge back but instead of buffs we got nerfs on csplit considering it wasn't mentioned PvP or PvE this is probably going to affect both modes. To those Alacrity Mirage, your boons got reduced. So no real buffs perhaps some damage buffs in PvE but certainly nerfs in the competitive side.

Im guessing distortion for both chrono and virtuoso is going to carry us till the next expansion.

I really doubt they want Mesmer providing boons anymore.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, xxXLightningXxx.8476 said:

What happened to the second dodge? Are we going to have to wait another 5 patches and more undue nerfs before we see it? 

I guess atleast another wow expension is coming out. 

We aren't there was not even a mention about it in the live stream. My guess is...its not happening.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

No rework to Desperate Decoy (every other class got their long-icd passive traits reworked), no core mes buffs, pretty dumb pvp chrono change, virtuoso ignored, staff mirage probably killed in PvP.

All around bad patch! Except the power chrono buffs for those of you who play pve

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

cs nerf is pvp

32 minutes ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

No rework to Desperate Decoy (every other class got their long-icd passive traits reworked), no core mes buffs, pretty dumb pvp chrono change, virtuoso ignored, staff mirage probably killed.

All around bad patch! Except the power chrono buffs for those of you who play pve

this is a nerf to staxe mirage,  staff mirage got buffed

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

this is a nerf to staxe mirage,  staff mirage got buffed

• Chaos Vortex: Clones using this skill will now grant the same boons in an area of effect around the mesmer instead of around the clones themselves. Reduced alacrity duration from 2.5 seconds to 1 second. Reduced might stacks from 8 to 2.

I don't get what part of a buff this part is...perhaps my English isn't that great or I might be reading something wrong.

• Confused 2

Just now, Salt Mode.3780 said:
  • Chaos Vortex: Clones using this skill will now grant the same boons in an area of effect around the mesmer instead of around the clones themselves. Reduced alacrity duration from 2.5 seconds to 1 second. Reduced might stacks from 8 to 2.

I don't get what part of a buff this part is...perhaps my English isn't that great or I might be reading something wrong.

He means if you have 3 staff clones up you will get 4s alac every ambush

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

pvp or pve? For pve you went from 2.5s alac to 1s alac times 4 (you and 3 clones) and from 8 stacks of might to 2stacks times 4 so 8.

Its one and a half second more alac and the same might, its a nerf to staxe bexause staxe will have to choose between axe clones or staff clones (staxe needed a nerf).

In pvp if you can keep the clones alive and if they bring back 2 dodges it will also be a buff but its likely a nerf. 

Edited by zealex.9410
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, xxXLightningXxx.8476 said:

Such a 狗屎 treatment to a class. 

yeah, absolutely disgusting

why don't they just remove this spec in PVP huh?

it's 狗屎 already but they make it worse than 狗屎 

🙄

Edited by Loic.9657
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, katte nici.9483 said:

The last patch made me put some trust in CMC even though i should have known better. I guess it was all... an illusion.

Ironically, we are probably the only class that somewhat dodged the stupid treatments that could have been. Just looking at DE range nerf...yeah stay away from mesmer please. 

Im actually not surprised at all... unfortunately I never trusted CMC to begin with when it comes to Mesmer... he strucks me as one of the devs that has zero interest in mesmer, and he hasn't done anything to prove us wrong.

I still remember on EoD showcase when he like made a scoffing comment about mirage's 1 dodge... I knew back then that mirage will never get any positive attention as long as devs like him gets to decide for the game, and look now with this latest patch... I actually wasnt happy when we got to know that CMC is going to be lead balance dev... cuz that means mesmers will never be treated in a fair way. 

Edited by AshkyLicious.4729
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1