Squad for "Battle on The Breachmaker".

Predator.2847

Hello!

I make a topic to say first I'm quite happy the LW1 is back and it reminded me few memory especially with the Lion Pride key or Battle of Lion Arch, however they have something I find quite bad it wasn't implement and as I doubt only this topic will change much, better try than not:

Please, make "Battle on the Breachmaker" as the final battle in the public instance of the Battle for Lion Arch! Or make it as a strike mission, this boss fight was a blast during the first release, I find quite wasted to be just a solo battle! 😄 Trust me, many will love to have it in a full squad or as challenge for a strike mission with more mechanism 😉

Just saying that, what you people think of that? Do you regret it's not a group battle or prefer this be this way? (I think like Twisted Marionette, they should have the solo instance in scenario but also a group one in public or strike mission ^w^
)

Cheers! 😛

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I dont care about any overlap. I have zero interest in the EoD strikes anyway. As I said in the other thread, id like to see this return as an optional strike mission. I get their reason for making it solo and that was probably wise, but not having both feels like missing out. There was very little good about the original ls1, but the two best bits (escape and breachmaker) being solo only is somewhat of a shame.

Edited by Randulf.7614
Autocorrect spelling

5 minutes ago, Fenom.9457 said:

It was originally a group thing? That explains a LOT about how frustrating it is.

It was also slightly more complicated than before. The RGB holograms originally split into several smaller "Micro" holograms that needed to get killed before the Ultraviolet would spawn. I feel like there were some attacks removed too, but I may just be misremembering/misinterpreting some youtube videos I found.

Health of course nerfed quite a bit.

But yeah, it was basically a ~10-25 player boss fight (three platforms on the Breachmaker, players split in 3 groups, typically you'd have no fewer than 15 to have beaten the assault knights that were also split like they are still in BfLA instance).

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086

6 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

It was also slightly more complicated than before. The RGB holograms originally split into several smaller "Micro" holograms that needed to get killed before the Ultraviolet would spawn. I feel like there were some attacks removed too, but I may just be misremembering/misinterpreting some youtube videos I found.

Health of course nerfed quite a bit.

But yeah, it was basically a ~10-25 player boss fight (three platforms on the Breachmaker, players split in 3 groups, typically you'd have no fewer than 15 to have beaten the assault knights that were also split like they are still in BfLA instance).

this sounds way more fun - and like both the fight itself and the moronic story instance achievements we have now would all be a lot more enjoyable.  

Earlier I was complaining that after 9, almost 10 years, anet couldn’t make a small pass to make their achievements be reasonable and fun like almost everything else in the game is.  But now I’m hearing that for this fight, they did take the time to change it, and actively made it WORSE. It doesn’t sound like this instance has any place being solo content 

I see it both ways. In a way yes it be a cool squad battle. But on the other hand it feels like the ultimate battle ya know? Highlighting everyone but also your personal allies in the true final battle.

HoT: you and the Pact and allies distract mordy's mouth, sneak in with Braham, Caithe, Canach, Marjory, and Rytlock to take down Mordy in his mind.

PoF: You and the undead army take down Balthazar's forces, separate to confront Balthazar one final time with the help of Aurene

LWS4: You and the adventurers and Pact heroes battle the trapped Kralkatorrik, infiltrate the inside with Caithe, Rytlock, Aurene and Saphira and with Aurene defeat Kraklkatorrik's heart.

EoD: You and Canthan army and friends take down Soo-Won. After have a more personal battle with Void rescuing your friends.

LwS1: Take back Lion's Arch from Scarlet's forces with the help of Adventurers and Lionguard. Battle on the Breachmaker with the help of Braham, Rox, Kasmeer, marjory, Ellen Kiel, and Heal-o-Tron

Been in a group would've been cool, but can appreciate solo battle

Edited by eduardo.1436
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fenom.9457 said:

this sounds way more fun - and like both the fight itself and the moronic story instance achievements we have now would all be a lot more enjoyable.  

Earlier I was complaining that after 9, almost 10 years, anet couldn’t make a small pass to make their achievements be reasonable and fun like almost everything else in the game is.  But now I’m hearing that for this fight, they did take the time to change it, and actively made it WORSE. It doesn’t sound like this instance has any place being solo content 

It’s content that will quickly depopulate over time though. Whilst I agree with the essence of your point, it also had to be soloable so players could get past it. Like Zhaitan.

I think they did the right thing, but they should rethink an optional strike

Honestly I kind of wish they would turn the mist warrior into a full on meta mission train.

Something like this.

Marionette > Escape from LA > Dragon Storm > Battle For LA > Battle on the Breach Maker > Dragon Storm

and repeat.

Could also add a new mist currency with crafting and other rewards or something to tie them all together and make it so people want to stay on the mission train. Maybe link it to a way to buy those new Lion's Hero weps and make it a set with a mastery point or something.

Edited by TeeracK.3601