High burst/one shot from stealth

Zekent.3652

"Terrorhuz while traveling through forest heard some weird hissing. Since it was quite late and dark that day he rushed to home as quickly as possible. Next day he decided to investigate that weird noise, so he prepared himself and brought some buddies with him and few shovels for safety purposes. After getting to the forest there was nothing, just a pure silence. He and his friends were confused, so Terrorhuz decided to recall what exactly has happened that night step by step and he remembered that he said these words:

3 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Probably because -and I'm just spitballing- counting actually works against mesmer because they can't reset stealth forever.

He once again repeated them outloud and the hissing started as well. Following the noise he and his companions finally got the the source of it and discovered what was making it. There weren't some monsters or wild animals, there were teefs hissing at someone spitting facts."
Slow down with these facts and logical arguments, it's gw2 forum, we don't do that here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Welll.....     i think this one is actually still possible.... or did they patch it and i missed it?

Considering this is accessible only through Norn's Racial transformation which I may add has a 4min cooldown and totally dodged the nerf meteor, I'd have to say glad at least fun stuff is still allowed. 

But if you're talking about stuff from regular skills, very rarely can you 1 shot someone unless they're literally full zerk and made of glass. 

On 11/23/2022 at 7:16 PM, Yasai.3549 said:

Considering this is accessible only through Norn's Racial transformation which I may add has a 4min cooldown and totally dodged the nerf meteor, I'd have to say glad at least fun stuff is still allowed. 

But if you're talking about stuff from regular skills, very rarely can you 1 shot someone unless they're literally full zerk and made of glass. 

To tell you probably it doesn't matter much that you can do that in WvW,  cause people are running around with Trailblazer or Celestial "Roaming" lol and anything power would do kitten all damage. 

On 11/21/2022 at 2:29 PM, Zizekent.2398 said:

It's not okay getting hit with such a big chunk of damage from a stealthed foe.

1 example is the stealth + porting Maul (a good damaging skill) from untamed. How do you react to that? ("but untamed is not easy" yes, i know, but that's not the point of the post) 

To counter these things, what about if you counter stealth if they're just way too close to you, and the non stealthed person gets rewarded if they're moving, trying to reveal the stealthed foe, the stealthed one would have to worry about not getting revealed like that.

But it's just an idea, i don't think that stealth is a broken mechanic by itself, i just don't like the way how ANet deals with this mechanic.

I had a suggestion years ago that every second over 3 seconds of stealth would debuff your damage on your next ability. So if you can pull off stealthing and getting off your burst in the first 3 seconds, no change. But if you stealth for 6 seconds, 30% less damage, if it's 8 seconds, 50% damage reduction.

You can always pop in and out of stealth, but can't stack long stealth and also get a strong hit at the end. 

I definitely agree that stealth burst should never feel like it'll kill you outright. If you see them stealth though and don't react, allowing them to burst you right after stealthing, than they should still be able to chunck you.

• Like 1