Remove badges from players who are not at the required games for the season progression.

magickthief.6492

15 hours ago, magickthief.6492 said:

Players who are not at the required games should not be brandishing badges they truly haven't earned. Who knows where they would truly lie in rating if they were at the current req games.

I say if not a the req, no badge.

I barely care enough to post about something I do not care about: badges. But the fact that the developers cannot even be bothered to even pretend to legitimize them by increasing the minimum number of games really makes me laugh....(shakes head)....

11 minutes ago, Lysico.4906 said:

Dude.  Nobody cares about badges 

Oh yeah? Why do I still see them in-game? If people didn't care, they wouldn't show them

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

I barely care enough to post about something I do not care about: badges. But the fact that the developers cannot even be bothered to even pretend to legitimize them by increasing the minimum number of games really makes me laugh....(shakes head)....

Oh yeah? Why do I still see them in-game? If people didn't care, they wouldn't show them

You see them in game because they are on by default.   Come on man.   Know how it works

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Tbh its too easy to get Plat badge just by playing 10 games, so I agree with OP. Give those badges some meaning.

Decay will knock you down to bronze. All hail bronze league!

Badges already serve to show that I did 10 matches for the season. Also my nametag is easier to pick out in a PVE kerfuffle to assign blame. What more meaning do you want from badges?

You literally loose your badge if you dont play regularly.  Not everyone has the time or willpower to do 100+ ranked games each season.

Being forced to do a single match every 3 day is already a "yikes" for me.   ngl...       

Edited by Sahne.6950

15 hours ago, Returned.2056 said:

Decay will knock you down to bronze. All hail bronze league!

Badges already serve to show that I did 10 matches for the season. Also my nametag is easier to pick out in a PVE kerfuffle to assign blame. What more meaning do you want from badges?

How many weeks it would take to move to bronze, by playing 1 game on decay "cooldown" from HERE? Whole season? Thats assuming you lose 66% played games after finishing placements.

Edited by Morwath.9817

9 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

How many weeks it would take to move to bronze, by playing 1 game on decay "cooldown" from HERE? Whole season? Thats assuming you lose 66% played games after finishing placements.

Like you said, getting into bronze league is quite laborious (and prestigious) which can require the entire season to achieve if you screw up placements and mishandle your decay by playing matches for your dailies...unlike getting into platinum which anyone can do after 10 games in a day. The meaning of badges looks quite clear to me.

All hail Bronze League!

On 11/27/2022 at 12:19 PM, Hotride.2187 said:

"brandishing badges" lol does anyone actually care?

are you saying I am not anyone? you may think this is your opportunity to insult me, but I don't care about your opinion of me. i really, really don't gaf about anything you have going on in your grey matter, at all. so. can you confirm no one cares, even despite the fact that I posted this? I'm not out to hurt special needs people.

On 11/28/2022 at 3:17 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

You literally loose your badge if you dont play regularly.  Not everyone has the time or willpower to do 100+ ranked games each season.

Being forced to do a single match every 3 day is already a "yikes" for me.   ngl...       

If you can't meet the req, why should you reap a reward? Stop playing pvp...1 match a day...really?

"jUsT onE GaMe a dAy!? GET OUT OF MY GAMEMODE"

Elitism 100.😂  

what rewad buddy? do you think badges are are a reward? your mighty proud of your gold badge aren´t ya 😉

i dont play that much ranked cuz i simply dont have the time to play alot. And when i find the time i want to play with my guildies so we go wvw mostly.

When i am done with my 10 placement games, it assigns me a league, or "elo". Why do you think its a problem that i can show other people that i am in that league.

I dont even understand what bothers you so much about it... i played my placement games, it places me somewhere and i get the corresponding badge. Just how it should be.

The Req is just for the leaderboard, it has nothing to do with the badges.   its 2022... who cares about badges?

Edited by Sahne.6950

9 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

"jUsT onE GaMe a dAy!? GET OUT OF MY GAMEMODE"

Elitism 100.😂  

what rewad buddy? do you think badges are are a reward? your mighty proud of your gold badge aren´t ya 😉

i dont play that much ranked cuz i simply dont have the time to play alot. And when i find the time i want to play with my guildies so we go wvw mostly.

When i am done with my 10 placement games, it assigns me a league, or "elo". Why do you think its a problem that i can show other people that i am in that league.

I dont even understand what bothers you so much about it... i played my placement games, it places me somewhere and i get the corresponding badge. Just how it should be.

The Req is just for the leaderboard, it has nothing to do with the badges.   its 2022... who cares about badges?

The req should have something to do with the badges, you should not have one if you are not active in the season. Is this something hard to understand. Nothing else in the world would permit such a thing, and yet you seem to think it is odd. I am in gold, and I am not allowed any opinion? That sounds crazier than my suggestion.

Edited by magickthief.6492

It seems to me to make more sense to have badges not have game requirements. Regardless if you play 10 games or 200, the rating you have is what’s used in your matchmaking. If you aren’t actually plat skill level, but placed in plat due to rng/good placement matches, you will either decay to bronze, or every match you play will slowly pull you down to your true rating. So the badge really just demarcates where you presently are based on your rating. It’s current iteration is actually useful.
Also due to decay existing, it pretty much already puts a less-burdensome game requirement on having the badge. I honestly doubt large quantities of people are really pushing to game the system just to have a plat badge. It isn’t tied to any real lasting benefits, and would reduce the rewards earned through PvP rewards (leaderboard placement is a different thing imo). That’s what I think, at least. You are free to disagree. 

• Like 1