I'm looking for a good reason to come back

manu.7539

GW2 WvW is such a great game with lots of good stuff to enjoy. I miss all the good times and epics moments I've had but I still dont see the interest to come back in the same old WvW state I've seen for years.

New maps, new designs for siege, keeps and towers would be great. There is so many other games offering nice environments, this game need a serious revamp to keep the interest of players enjoying the magic of virtual environments and not only the game mechanics.

Also, this almost exclusive range play style dynamic need to change. Playing melee when about nobody else does is suicidal in a 5vs5+ situations, there is just too much heat on you. That is the main reason why I did quit the game. For a main melee ele its particulary annoying since you cant change your weapon set during a fight. Maybe I wasnt good with the staff enough but I didnt enjoy  it for sure and it felt useless so I kept enjoying my sword and dagger. I was still useless but at least I was getting a bit of fun 😛

So please ARENANET, build new maps, redesigns your stuff and promote melee play style then I'll gladly comeback!

Long live to WvW anyway and hope you guys still enjoy it as I used to!

Edited by manu.7539
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

25 minutes ago, manu.7539 said:

Also, this almost exclusive range play style dynamic need to change. Playing melee when about nobody else does is suicidal in a 5vs5+ situations, there is just too much heat on you. That is the main reason why I did quit the game. For a main melee ele its particulary annoying since you cant change your weapon set during a fight. Maybe I wasnt good with the staff enough but I didnt enjoy  it for sure and it felt useless so I kept enjoying my sword and dagger. I was still useless but at least I was getting a bit of fun 😛

Huh?

In 5v5 almost everyone is in melee, most meta classes are built for melee, boon sharing and support is melee range. Most ele's are melee ranged these days, and if you don't know how to survive on an ele with the insane amount of defensive tools it has.... do I really have to say it? Maybe you aren't pulling back when you're suppose to? Most ele's play the hit and run, they dive in, take the focus and go back to their group, rinse and repeat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Huh?

In 5v5 almost everyone is in melee, most meta classes are built for melee, boon sharing and support is melee range. Most ele's are melee ranged these days, and if you don't know how to survive on an ele with the insane amount of defensive tools it has.... do I really have to say it? Maybe you aren't pulling back when you're suppose to? Most ele's play the hit and run, they dive in, take the focus and go back to their group, rinse and repeat.

Well, it is the opposite of what I used to see just 2-3 months ago. Generally speaking, from my experience (10k hours) melees and frontliners are rare thing since already a long time! No doubt about the hit and run necessity but with the pulls u cant always run away! It is true, patience isnt my best asset and I'm too aggressive sometimes but there is not much u can do when u are focused by 5+ decent players and thats what happen when u are the only frontline around! However, I doubt it changed that much, guess I should take a look on it with my own eyes and check if WvW suddenly changed that much!

26 minutes ago, manu.7539 said:

Well, it is the opposite of what I used to see just 2-3 months ago. Generally speaking, from my experience (10k hours) melees and frontliners are rare thing since already a long time! No doubt about the hit and run necessity but with the pulls u cant always run away! It is true, patience isnt my best asset and I'm too aggressive sometimes but there is not much u can do when u are focused by 5+ decent players and thats what happen when u are the only frontline around! However, I doubt it changed that much, guess I should take a look on it with my own eyes and check if WvW suddenly changed that much!

You're not going to find frontliners in roaming scenarios because no one can trust who's going to push or not. About the only server you could trust with this is Mag, cause their players have the killer instincts to know when you to push or not, most pve or casuals don't. You can be aggressive in group scenarios knowing your team, but also having the tools to get you out of situations quickly if need be.

I've seen plenty of ele's, warriors, willbenders that push for their groups. I know diving alone can be frustrating, in fact I was in that same scenario multiple times last night(I'm linked with the rp server, so, you know), wondering when my team was going to bother pushing when it was clear with enemies downed or cc'd to make the melee push. 

Also don't roam on staff, especially if you gonna dive lol.

• Like 1

core aura share ele is omni as it gets. I see some that can stand a very long time with constant bombardment, there's no stunning or pulling them. I play a class that only trips classes up, ele is untrippable once u get the hang of it. Its probably the most annoying class in the game. Just the other day, me and another glass cannon were beating on an ele, he easily outrun the ranger, and almost me on thief. No amount of hitting brought him below 95% because he insta heal. The ele went from blue keep to one of his towers on green side, straight through frogs that wasn't his. If you want to play a class that just does not die, your current main is the one. 

Edited by oatsnjuices.1698
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, oatsnjuices.1698 said:

core aura share ele is omni as it gets. I see some that can stand a very long time with constant bombardment, there's no stunning or pulling them. I play a class that only trips classes up, ele is untrippable once u get the hang of it. Its probably the most annoying class in the game. Just the other day, me and another glass cannon were beating on an ele, he easily outrun the ranger, and almost me on thief. No amount of hitting brought him below 95% because he insta heal. The ele went from blue keep to one of his towers on green side, straight through frogs that wasn't his. If you want to play a class that just does not die, your current main is the one. 

But it also wont kill anything using minstrel gear.

• Like 2

I'm afraid that's impossible. You're basically asking to play a multiplayer game while ignoring the other players on your team. You need to adjust to your team, unless you are good enough to make them adjust to you.

This is not forcing a square peg into a round hole. This is trying to force others to do that with you.

The only way to do that is to make friends or join a guild with people that will synergize with that sort of play style.

Expecting randoms to go yolo into the enemy just because you prefer it is insane and also why half the rager tags are idiots. Doubly true if they're some kind of bunker expecting glassy characters to step into the 30 red circles.

Personally, when I push into the enemy group I usually type in chat "lol why are you guys running away from the bags?" This is usually a good enough taunt to get anyone worth pushing to push. But the difference here is:

1.) I usually save a way to get out. (As an Ele, that are many tools that you can save one of.)

2.) I talk to people if I wanted them to do something instead of assuming they are psychic.

It also helps if you have some kind of supportive boon or projectile hate so people don't melt instantly.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

13 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

You made this thread like a month ago.

So? Its not like this forum is super alive anyway! I felt that u guys needed something to disagree with lol

This post is quite different but I cant help it if only a part of it is commented. U guys, as always, are super positive haha, ask yourself why this forum and the game is dying 😛

11 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

any ele that complains they're weak, doesn't know how to play their class. You only die if you decide to play like a mechanist, without a pet.

I like the way you say one thing and the contrary from post to post. You may insinuate as you want that I didnt know how to play ele haha, thats funny!   I've got nothing to prove on the forum but I guess you need to know that was a good and experimented main ele. I got so many enthusiastic comments in the past from other players, I can only roll eyes on your insinuation!

3 hours ago, manu.7539 said:

I like the way you say one thing and the contrary from post to post. You may insinuate as you want that I didnt know how to play ele haha, thats funny!   I've got nothing to prove on the forum but I guess you need to know that was a good and experimented main ele. I got so many enthusiastic comments in the past from other players, I can only roll eyes on your insinuation!

I didn't mention you, I was pointing out something.

And your initial complaint was about diving in melee with no support, not eles being weak, to which I've already expressed solidarity to that situation.

But if you feel it's an attack on you specifically on how well you play, then well..... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 11:05 AM, manu.7539 said:

GW2 WvW is such a great game with lots of good stuff to enjoy. I miss all the good times and epics moments I've had but I still dont see the interest to come back in the same old WvW state I've seen for years.

New maps, new designs for siege, keeps and towers would be great. There is so many other games offering nice environments, this game need a serious revamp to keep the interest of players enjoying the magic of virtual environments and not only the game mechanics.

So please ARENANET, build new maps, redesigns your stuff and promote melee play style then I'll gladly comeback!

Well, honestly if you were looking for a reason, step back in for next week's beta and see how it goes for you. It will be chaotic since it is literally taking us all and throwing us out in new sorts but might make it an interesting time as well. 

I agree we still have a lot of untouched potential and changes to freshen things up hat we might or might not get after the WR project but at least you can get a feel for and help to get the WR project further long with more data points. If if you are back nothing wrong with taking breaks as you go to hit some other titles if your server is at a quiet moment, aka don't let yourself get burned out by lack of current changes, if you are not having a good time in a given night, switch it up for the night. Good hunting!

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I didn't mention you, I was pointing out something.

And your initial complaint was about diving in melee with no support, not eles being weak, to which I've already expressed solidarity to that situation.

But if you feel it's an attack on you specifically on how well you play, then well..... 🤷‍♂️

The post isnt about eles being weak or not so its derailing . I simply need to see more people to join the melee fights. Melee weapons should hit harder and give better sustain to promote melee fights.

Anyway, maps and environment designs counts alot too, maybe even more. Fighting forever in the same maps with these poor designs got really boring. They built tons of great maps for pve, would be nice to get new maps in WvW  to explore and fight.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 4:05 PM, manu.7539 said:

Ahat are actually pretty abysmal ar wvw, tbh it is better that they leave it alone, being as when they do meddle they make it worse

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nora.9207 said:

Ahat are actually pretty abysmal ar wvw, tbh it is better that they leave it alone, being as when they do meddle they make it worse

If you are talking about the alliance system yeah, I dont think it was a good idea to scrap servers identity and friendships built over years.  😞

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, manu.7539 said:

If you are talking about the alliance system yeah, I dont think it was a good idea to scrap servers identity and friendships built over years.  😞

My theory is lack of group identity in USA culture, completly missing in American psychology books, whereas we are riddled with it - I know you won't be interested but Tajfel and Reicher have written well on this. "our membership of groups is part of our self concept" Social identity theory.

Hard to get that buzz of loyalty going when all you have is either one guild or random placements all over the place

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, manu.7539 said:

People keep saying this. You can still play with your friends! Either you or your friends start a guild. Then select that guild for alliances. Thats it. This isnt hard to understand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1