WvW World Restructuring Beta 02.12.2022 till 09.12.2022

Kapitaen Fock.3560

21 hours ago, Kapitaen Fock.3560 said:

Ok, I wrote it as a german would write it. I meant 02. December 2022 till 09. December 2022, so it is next week.

I wasn't the one getting that mail, but I have heard from more then one player that they got this mail today. And I do not think all of them made that mistake.

No worries, was my fault my brain didn't go first to the date differences. And do appreciate your post to give us all something odd is a foot. Good hunting in your beta!

7 minutes ago, Heibi.4251 said:

And no guidance on that TEAM stuff they added to the WvW panel.

Actually we didn't get a re-update but:

"In the November 8 update, players will be able to choose their WvW guild for matchmaking purposes from either the WvW panel or the guild panel. Eventually, the World Restructuring - BETA panel will be deprecated, and the guild panel will become the only way to manage your WvW guild selection."

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/123916-oct-14-21-world-restructuring-beta-recap/#comment-1795548

So make sure you have at least one of them set. Would still recommend setting them both for less potential for bugs.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
double spacing bug

23 hours ago, Kapitaen Fock.3560 said:

Some players recieved today an ingame-mail stating there will be a WvW World Restructuring Beta starting next Friday. But not all players got that mail. I havn't read anything about it before.

Question: Will there be a Beta next week or was that mail an error?

I got one on me alt account, stinky guild alliance ... updating Starwars as I write ...

3 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Actually we didn't get a re-update but:

"In the November 8 update, players will be able to choose their WvW guild for matchmaking purposes from either the WvW panel or the guild panel. Eventually, the World Restructuring - BETA panel will be deprecated, and the guild panel will become the only way to manage your WvW guild selection."

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/123916-oct-14-21-world-restructuring-beta-recap/#comment-1795548

So make sure you have at least one of them set. Would still recommend setting them both for less potential for bugs.

That was easy(WvW Guild). But now they added the "TEAM" stuff without so much as a word. Had we known about the process earlier we could have coordinated with some other guilds. But without some kind of guidance we don't want to touch it. We want to make sure that guildies who can't log in at the moment get into the same TEAM as we do.

Just now, Heibi.4251 said:

That was easy(WvW Guild). But now they added the "TEAM" stuff without so much as a word. Had we known about the process earlier we could have coordinated with some other guilds. But without some kind of guidance we don't want to touch it. We want to make sure that guildies who can't log in at the moment get into the same TEAM as we do.

Don't get me wrong, something went AWOL with the communication on this. But I did want to get people some info if they missed the prior link since it had some data that might help. Its seems to be retaining prior selections but people should still check their settings while they can.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Heibi.4251 said:

True - no such thing as a quick response

Actually in this case looks like they did, kinda, after I made that post. Although I don't know if that was in response to your post, or mines to prove me wrong. I'm still trying to work out the prove me wrong theory, hence why I usually post negatively, in provoking hopes they do the opposite of what I say.

In any case I nominate you as the Official Red Name summoner for the Wvw forums. 🤭

On 11/30/2022 at 1:03 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

It has been enabled for almost a month, was added when they changed the normal WvW gui.

Anyway, I find this highly unlikely and probably a mailing bug (maybe they had planned one but scrapped it and forgot mails....). We ought to get more heads up otherwise tomorrow would be last day for selection.

It didn't take effect correctly. When you logged out and logged back in the pending icon would disappear, now its sticking. 

Well guys me and my guild mates are confused and we just marked our guild on "G"to play beta. The "B" question is: If only the guild leader marks the server, all guild will follow automactically on beta or not? And if there is no place to all guild members on the server we chose? ANET, please!!!

3 hours ago, TAZNITBR.2804 said:

Well guys me and my guild mates are confused and we just marked our guild on "G"to play beta. The "B" question is: If only the guild leader marks the server, all guild will follow automactically on beta or not? And if there is no place to all guild members on the server we chose? ANET, please!!!

Every member needs to set their wvw guild. Not just the leader.

This decision needed to be done like midnight last night, I don't remember the utc time, dunno why they didn't give details on this again, other than the typical bad communications by anet.

On 11/29/2022 at 10:21 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Didn't receive any mail on this on two accounts. No news about it anywhere else.

For something that would start in 3 days, pretty short notice.

If anything they would also give a weeks heads up notice to select your guild for the beta, which I'm pretty sure they did for the last one.

ye i only got the mail on 1 of my 4 accounts too xD

also i tested it on 3 accounts, picking a guild + a team triggers kinda gamble. u get randomly either on the team or the guild's world. that's so silly ngl.

Edited by kamikharzeeh.8016