Yes it’s a massive problem in pvp

RedAvenged.5217

• 3 weeks later...

Those of you that are not pleased with Elementalists, do you not realize that us Ele's spend well over half our time in matches just trying to get 2-3 players from being right up out kitten relentlessly? 

We might as well have a different bullseye marker applied above us as a default when matches start cause that is what it feels like. 

We need strong defensive skills, flat out dead without them. I often am chased literally all the way across the map by 2 or more peeps, nothing else seems to matter other than "kill the ele". My buddy who plays a revanant is constantly thanking me for running for my life while he gets free kills.

He knows not our pain.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

40 minutes ago, Mizak.4751 said:

Those of you that are not pleased with Elementalists, do you not realize that us Ele's spend well over half our time in matches just trying to get 2-3 players from being right up out kitten relentlessly?

That's because it takes 2-3 players to kill a Catalyst.

42 minutes ago, Mizak.4751 said:

I often am chased literally all the way across the map by 2 or more peeps, nothing else seems to matter other than "kill the ele"

Other classes die in about 2-3 seconds when focused by 2+ players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

That's because it takes 2-3 players to kill a Catalyst.

Other classes die in about 2-3 seconds when focused by 2+ players.

Not really. Dodge lasts 0.75 second and dodge+dodge+weapon swap for energy+dodge alone gives over 2 seconds of I-frame, you can add on top of that any other evades, blocks, invuls or teleports and you can stay alive just fine.

Edited by Morwath.9817
  • Confused 3

On 12/24/2022 at 11:48 AM, Mizak.4751 said:

We might as well have a different bullseye marker applied above us as a default when matches start cause that is what it feels like. 

We need strong defensive skills, flat out dead without them. I often am chased literally all the way across the map by 2 or more peeps, nothing else seems to matter other than "kill the ele". My buddy who plays a revanant is constantly thanking me for running for my life while he gets free kills.

He knows not our pain.

I think you mean necro.

ele is meta on like 3 builds and it’s not a good target to focus

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 12/2/2022 at 6:44 PM, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Earth shield. Elementalist is already S teir on multiple builds and it looks like even more are inc.

earth shield has been disgusting for 10 seasons now, at least give us an earth shield nerf, while you massively buff this massively and over performing class

I mean, Scepter is really the huge problem imo. Since the devs are clearly talentless, it appears that buffing certain builds for no reason at all gives them some weird sort of satisfaction 

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

I think you mean necro.

ele is meta on like 3 builds and it’s not a good target to focus

Ele mains are so used to surviving 3v1s that they forget this is not typical for other classes. And whenever they get nerfed down to everyones level they cry about not being godtier anymore.

• Haha 1

Scepter is indeed very powerful IMO however it's a new weapon as before it was rarely used, at least in pvp, idk about WvW. So part of that power is definitely stuff like new lava tooth, which needs a bit taken off, probably make the AOE smaller and reduce it's damage a bit, but other than that it's fine imo.

Air is also notorious because so many instant animations, but again, scepter is new so as time goes on players may adapt and find new strategies.

Also I'd rather see more weapons viable for pvp than less. I see a lot more eles now and on one hand it's frustrating because cata, but on other hand I haven't seen this many eles in pvp ever so it's kinda cool in it's own way.

Edit: To further add, ele is one of the hardest classes to learn, both in pve and especially in pvp where the wrong split second decision means 80% or more of your HP gone, so to see this many eles now means both old school and new school players are coming out, and that is very cool to see the class come alive again. At least in pvp!

I think Naru's tempest from that tournament awhile ago also played a role as he made many clutch plays throughout the matches.

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Thanks 1

Earth Shield already got nerfed. The problem is thats never enough for players, they won't stop asking for nerfs until something is useless, so now ten years later and thousands of things effectively removed from PvP, including their own class mechanics that would've let them win easily, apparently more nerfs is still the answer.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

6 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

This post was before scepter.

ele is a multi-facet op class I guess

I love how somehow no one in this forum is complaining about 1-shot Scepter combos rolling off tanky Weavers & Catalysts.

These scepter combos happen 4x more frequently than a Sic Em OWP burst and deal the same kind of DPS output.

It's honestly at a point where if we rated the aspects of different class/builds, Ele would be S tier damage and S tier sustain and S tier support.

I mean, I'd love to hear the balance team's spoken justification behind this.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2

On 12/26/2022 at 2:26 PM, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Earth Shield already got nerfed. The problem is thats never enough for players, they won't stop asking for nerfs until something is useless, so now ten years later and thousands of things effectively removed from PvP, including their own class mechanics that would've let them win easily, apparently more nerfs is still the answer.

Bro your class has more functional elements than any class after cmcs giga-gah patch.

you just love your own class so much that you cannot give it up.

On 12/26/2022 at 7:25 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I love how somehow no one in this forum is complaining about 1-shot Scepter combos rolling off tanky Weavers & Catalysts.

These scepter combos happen 4x more frequently than a Sic Em OWP burst and deal the same kind of DPS output.

It's honestly at a point where if we rated the aspects of different class/builds, Ele would be S tier damage and S tier sustain and S tier support.

I mean, I'd love to hear the balance team's spoken justification behind this.

exactly the class is by far the most op as a whole atm and yet they only complain about scepter- lol.

rev is also strong per class, engi isn’t bad either.

imagine complaining about ranger: 1 “ok” build rest of class barely visible…. 
lul

• Like 1

On 12/26/2022 at 12:55 PM, Waffles.5632 said:

Scepter is indeed very powerful IMO however it's a new weapon as before it was rarely used, at least in pvp, idk about WvW. So part of that power is definitely stuff like new lava tooth, which needs a bit taken off, probably make the AOE smaller and reduce it's damage a bit, but other than that it's fine imo.

Air is also notorious because so many instant animations, but again, scepter is new so as time goes on players may adapt and find new strategies.

Also I'd rather see more weapons viable for pvp than less. I see a lot more eles now and on one hand it's frustrating because cata, but on other hand I haven't seen this many eles in pvp ever so it's kinda cool in it's own way.

Edit: To further add, ele is one of the hardest classes to learn, both in pve and especially in pvp where the wrong split second decision means 80% or more of your HP gone, so to see this many eles now means both old school and new school players are coming out, and that is very cool to see the class come alive again. At least in pvp!

I think Naru's tempest from that tournament awhile ago also played a role as he made many clutch plays throughout the matches.

Scepter isn’t new, it was the meta for ele for a few years.

if you want multiple weapons as meta than ele is your class to play.

ele is hard for beginners but for exp players it’s the eziest.

naru is the biggest wintrader and most know toxic player in the community- I can assure you he isn’t known for anything besides as a degen that wintraded a rank 1 title once, after the game died

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Bro your class has more functional elements than any class after cmcs giga-gah patch.

you just love your own class so much that you cannot give it up.

exactly the class is by far the most op as a whole atm and yet they only complain about scepter- lol.

rev is also strong per class, engi isn’t bad either.

imagine complaining about ranger: 1 “ok” build rest of class barely visible…. 
lul

I play every class on almost every build in every game mode. I don't even play Ele that much anymore because despite the perception of being S-tier its frustrating to play and very hard on my hands.

My point was PvP has already been completely destroyed by nerfs, and the devs have a history of completely removing a class from play in an effort to bring it in (Firebrand, Mirage, Bladesworn, many others). In theory players are just asking for a toning down, but that always results in deletion.

PvP has become the most crippled game mode in existence. Elementlaist isn't strong because its strong, its strong because everything else has become incredibly weak.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

31 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

My point was PvP has already been completely destroyed by nerfs, and the devs have a history of completely removing a class from play in an effort to bring it in (Firebrand, Mirage, Bladesworn, many others). In theory players are just asking for a toning down, but that always results in deletion.

Sometimes players just don't bother to play a build if it is not OP. 

Also, do you suggest to never nerf anything just because there is possibility to kill some build?

35 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

PvP has become the most crippled game mode in existence. Elementlaist isn't strong because its strong, its strong because everything else has become incredibly weak.

Do you realize we are on another round of power creep after EoD launch? With current direction we will be at pre feb20 state in 6 months.

36 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I play every class on almost every build in every game mode. I don't even play Ele that much anymore because despite the perception of being S-tier its frustrating to play and very hard on my hands.

Nice edit.