This Game is full of FarmingBots!

Whiskey.1932

Just started to traveling around in Living World Season 4 and its horrible. There are everywhere enormous amounts of  BotSpots with Necros, Engineers and Rangers.
Domain of Kourna > Veldrunner Drifts is an example for this. HOLY S H I T!
Domain of Istan > Modri Caverns another example
I always Report them for botting, but now i think this doesnt work. Is it allowed from Anet?

Edited by Whiskey.1932
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Whiskey.1932 said:

Just started to traveling around in Living World Season 4 and its horrible. There are everywhere enormous amounts of  BotSpots with Necros, Engineers and Rangers.
Domain of Kourna > Veldrunner Drifts is an example for this. HOLY S H I T!
I always Report them for botting, but now i think this doesnt work. Is it allowed from Anet?

I don’t think it is allowed. It may just take a while to do a ban wave or something.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Exo.2143 said:

It is allowed, if they are simply not AFK. It has been known that Anet devs/mods will whisper these farmers or move them to a slightly other place. If the person is not responding to the whisper or seems inactive, actions will be taken.

If they are responding is it a bot?

• Confused 1

Semi afk “farming” is allowed. 

by semi afk I mean someone who is playing while watching videos or has a split screen with another game on, etc. If ANet speaks to them and they answer or otherwise show they are present then that is ok.  this can look like botting to another player. 

Edited by Just a flesh wound.3589
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

by semi afk I mean someone who is playing while watching videos or has a split screen with another game on, etc. If ANet speaks to them and they answer or otherwise show they are present then that is ok.  this can look like botting to another player. 

But technically isn’t. Just a person camping the area to farm it. Which happens a lot in MMOs.

PS. Your response is great and helps explained it to people that may have never experienced this type of farming.

Edited by TOAD.4718
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, McWelp.1723 said:

Cant they just add generic "yes, yes, im here. Stop bugging me, i´m playing battlefield" reply to their bot software?

Or do the devs require specific reply to a simple math problem for example that can be failed by bots?

Looked up for it. There are some Bots with autoresponse function for selling.

2 hours ago, Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

Sure, thousands of PPL start Semi afk farming at the same time and spot all day. 🙄
They are clearly Bots, not afkFarmers. All look the same, same behaviour, simultaneous casting of new minions and turrets, close stacking so its hard to select and report etc. 

Edited by Whiskey.1932
  • Like 7

By ignoring them. They don't have any material impact on your gameplay, other than cluttering up a few spots. Some of them can even be helpful, e.g. the clusters that used to be evident in Bitterfrost would keep mobs engaged and allow an easier farming run around the winterberry nodes.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

I depends on the terms used.
Using any third party software to gain an unfair advantage is not allowed.
However, are they using any third party software?

From what you are describing the answer is no. They are most likely afk-farming. It uses a few features of the game. some available to all accounts, some needs to be unlocked. But essentially it is: Automatic killing and attacking foes with minions, turrets and pets and using the auto loot options to automatically have the loot placed in your inventory.

This is allowed, on one condition. although it is called afk farming, it is not allowed to actually be afk. the better term would be farming without touching keys, but I didn't pick the terms. Anyways, you need to be present at your keyboard, but it is perfectly ok, to be, for example, knitting (yes that is a real life example, of someone I know off who does this). 

This is also monitored in a very easy way and you can help.
1: when you see someone, sent him/her a PM asking them "Hey, are you there?"
2: They are not required to answer you, but if they don't you can report them for botting.
3: now a GM will investigate and will sent them a PM (they have a special color in chat).
4: if they ansnwer, they are ok. if not, they get moved away at first. If this happens more often, other actions like bans can be taken.

Some people find this morally ok, others dislike it. It often sparks a lot of debate, but in the end this is the current policy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1