Please fix warrior

Arky.3072

42 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That is a spec killing kind of nerf. Don't do that.

For bad players? It would certainly be huge nerf. 

However, I don't think balance should resolve around bad players who rotate their abilities on CD like PvP would be somekind of PvE fiesta where you just rotate stuff.

Good plays should be rewarded, bad should be punished. I'm fine with 8,75s CD FC, if you use it properly... otherwise? Get rekt.

Maybe other defensive CDs should follow such pattern as well? Certainly it would make game less spammy and less "rotation" based.

Edited by Morwath.9817
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

What if FC would have 30s CD if enemy avoid dealing damage to Warrior during channel?

It's bait but ill bite for the meme.

Nothing would change because most people have automatic damage and trigger FC while doing their auto- rotations. name one class that can stop their damage completely except warrior, on a whim. Thief maybe, but everyone else? nah.

Maybe other defensive CDs should follow such pattern as well? Certainly it would make game less spammy and less "rotation" based.

You don't want this, but if you in fact -do- want this please god yes.

Nerfing the game so they -dont- do that would, ironically, make people lose to warrior even harder because then they'd be playing the same game. Imagine if ele or virt or guard had to time their defenses instead of just chaining them preemptively. People complain about hammer stunlock right now. 

Most good warriors will press FC while your attack is out instead of just pressing it off cd. The players who press it off CD get deleted. 

Good plays should be rewarded, bad should be punished. I'm fine with 8,75s CD FC, if you use it properly... otherwise? Get rekt.

I'm fine with this philosophy if it is applied across the board, but I have a sinking feeling that people, when they say this, mean "my opponent must land every 360 noscope skillshot to kill me while I just faceroll blocks" and not "I should be held accountable for my mismanagement of cds just as much as my opponent."

Cause if they meant the latter they wouldn't be getting hammer blendered. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/9/2023 at 9:54 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

It's bait but ill bite for the meme.

Nothing would change because most people have automatic damage and trigger FC while doing their auto- rotations. name one class that can stop their damage completely except warrior, on a whim. Thief maybe, but everyone else? nah.

You don't want this, but if you in fact -do- want this please god yes.

Nerfing the game so they -dont- do that would, ironically, make people lose to warrior even harder because then they'd be playing the same game. Imagine if ele or virt or guard had to time their defenses instead of just chaining them preemptively. People complain about hammer stunlock right now. 

Most good warriors will press FC while your attack is out instead of just pressing it off cd. The players who press it off CD get deleted. 

I'm fine with this philosophy if it is applied across the board, but I have a sinking feeling that people, when they say this, mean "my opponent must land every 360 noscope skillshot to kill me while I just faceroll blocks" and not "I should be held accountable for my mismanagement of cds just as much as my opponent."

Cause if they meant the latter they wouldn't be getting hammer blendered. 

Everyone could stop attacking if that would lead to reward. Back in the day when SPB was new people learned fast to disable automatic auto attack to avoid triggering FC. Current problem is you ain't rewarded for doing it, but rather you avoid only your punishment when Warrior SPB can channel his next FC few seconds later. You can even cancel your own animations for sake of stopping FC from triggering.

I meant exacly what I wrote. Defensive CDs should have their pros and cons, with "reward" attached to skillful use and "punishment" attached to random button mashing. For same reason I'd like burst* skills on average have longer CDs as well, so players use skills tacticaly instead of rotating them. Should apply to all classes.

*By burst skills I don't mean Warrior F1, but skills that deal loads of damage.

Edited by Morwath.9817
  • Confused 1

On 1/9/2023 at 8:32 PM, Morwath.9817 said:

What if FC would have 30s CD if enemy avoid dealing damage to Warrior during channel?

Well warrior didnt exist until bladesworn was made into pushed garbage, then until defense was made into pushed garbage.

So if you delete spb (what you propose) it wont be much different to 1 or 2 (soon also 3) years ago. I.e. no one plays war.

Edited by Hotride.2187

5 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Well warrior didnt exist until bladesworn was made into pushed garbage, then until defense was made into pushed garbage.

So if you delete spb (what you propose) it wont be much different to 1 or 2 (soon also 3) years ago. I.e. no one plays war.

It would affect only bad players. Not delete SPB.

Edited by Morwath.9817
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Dude the first comment was pointing out the ludicrous nature of why someone was asking for a nerf and wasn't to be taken seriously. Something being annoying is not a justification for a nerf when counters exist to it.

Sadly being annoying, even if its just for Gold and below is a reason that anet nerfs stuff.

Its the only reason i can find to explain the nerfs to Mechanist.

It wasnt popular in anything that was higher than gold... no MAT presence.... easily countered.... but annoying.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Sadly being annoying, even if its just for Gold and below is a reason that anet nerfs stuff.

Its the only reason i can find to explain the nerfs to Mechanist.

It wasnt popular in anything that was higher than gold... no MAT presence.... easily countered.... but annoying.

Anet needs to stop responding to the forum QQ in that way and move to fostering a better build ecosystem where everything has a counter. For Mechanist, they overloaded the AA on Rifle (we as it turned out found out that there was some extreme dev bias involved in that change), so while reflects lol countered it, having such an overloaded AA chain is probably not a good thing in the long run. The other nerfs I think were over corrections for sure.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Anet needs to stop responding to the forum QQ in that way and move to fostering a better build ecosystem where everything has a counter. For Mechanist, they overloaded the AA on Rifle (we as it turned out found out that there was some extreme dev bias involved in that change), so while reflects lol countered it, having such an overloaded AA chain is probably not a good thing in the long run. The other nerfs I think were over corrections for sure.

If you familiar about the history, how may QQ about engie rifle are not worth to use on engie forum, then you will know the "dev bias" just a response about QQ,  and you will know how powerful of it.

A modern balance of game concept is community responses about fair/happiness, not the skill / win rate.

How many ppl QQ about warrior OP?

you know what gonna happen.

Edited by noneHotBuildTest.7251
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Ah yes, the "you are too bad to play war" returning. Just play like Boyce man, easy.

I don't think you need to be playing like Boyce to used FC when enemy is attacking you. Like Mesmers players never had issues interruption enemy skills with Mantra, and both follow same logic - press button when enemy does something.

You may think reactive gameplay is too hard, but that may be just you. We had entire builds in GW1 built around reacting to what enemy is doing.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

I don't think you need to be playing like Boyce to used FC when enemy is attacking you. Like Mesmers players never had issues interruption enemy skills with Mantra, and both follow same logic - press button when enemy does something.

You may think reactive gameplay is too hard, but that may be just you. We had entire builds in GW1 built around reacting to what enemy is doing.

Problem is you can’t guarantee full counter will land even if you play perfectly because of weapon stow. Ranger goes for maul, warrior does full counter, ranger stows weapon. Both players played perfectly. Your proposed change gives spellbreaker a 30 sec cooldown for playing perfectly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zuko.7132 said:

Problem is you can’t guarantee full counter will land even if you play perfectly because of weapon stow. Ranger goes for maul, warrior does full counter, ranger stows weapon. Both players played perfectly. Your proposed change gives spellbreaker a 30 sec cooldown for playing perfectly.

Its far from perfect, if you give enemy time to react by using FC at beginning of animation instead directly before damage. Also, using Ranger as example is pretty funny, as in most cases you can trigger FC on random pet attack anytime you please 🙈

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Its far from perfect, if you give enemy time to react by using FC at beginning of animation instead directly before damage. Also, using Ranger as example is pretty funny, as in most cases you can trigger FC on random pet attack anytime you please 🙈

Ya having a profession mechanic that acquires a 300% cooldown increase unless you use it 90% through an animation making it beyond human reaction time makes sense. I'm not going to bother responding further because it is so obviously ridiculous that there is 0 chance anet will ever implement it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zuko.7132 said:

Ya having a profession mechanic that acquires a 300% cooldown increase unless you use it 90% through an animation making it beyond human reaction time makes sense. I'm not going to bother responding further because it is so obviously ridiculous that there is 0 chance anet will ever implement it.

No, let's apply this to all skills that don't complete their full activation. Stow cancel that maul to avoid a properly executed FC? Sucks to be you, 300% increase in CD.

Seriously though that idea isn't workable.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

No, let's apply this to all skills that don't complete their full activation. Stow cancel that maul to avoid a properly executed FC? Sucks to be you, 300% increase in CD.

Seriously though that idea isn't workable.

I guess you dislike idea of Power Block.

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Spot the player who hasnt dueled good rangers as spb.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3