Please fix warrior

Arky.3072

On 1/11/2023 at 3:09 PM, Morwath.9817 said:

Its far from perfect, if you give enemy time to react by using FC at beginning of animation instead directly before damage. Also, using Ranger as example is pretty funny, as in most cases you can trigger FC on random pet attack anytime you please 🙈

"Oh nooo, my pet triggered FC and got dazed and tethered, I've lost the interaction."

>continues bombing spb from far away

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

"Oh nooo, my pet triggered FC and got dazed and tethered, I've lost the interaction."

>continues bombing spb from far away

Does ranger beat spb?  i always thought anyone thats loosing to a ranger while playing spb has skillissues.... but i dont play any of the two professions lately.   So you tell me 😄

• Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Does ranger beat spb?  i always thought anyone thats loosing to a ranger while playing spb has skillissues.... but i dont play any of the two professions lately.   So you tell me 😄

In conquest the core sidenode build before eod drop beat spb. In wvw many ranger builds used to.

After the defense rework and the dagger dmg boosts... I doubt it. But in wvw maybe cele boonbeast still beats spb... at least the power version. No idea about the cele condi spb.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Hotride.2187 said:

In conquest the core sidenode build before eod drop beat spb. In wvw many ranger builds used to.

After the defense rework and the dagger dmg boosts... I doubt it. But in wvw maybe cele boonbeast still beats spb... at least the power version. No idea about the cele condi spb.

i am talking about the current patch, in a conquest setting. 

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i am talking about the current patch, in a conquest setting. 

If you are running the defense build I have hard time imagining it. Before it was a close thing, you lost yes but it was like you needed more sustain; the rest was there. Now your sustain is 1.5x what it was, essentially. Plus other goodies.

If you are running the old build (there are a few doing that) the ranger will have a bit more trouble but should still win.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

If you are running the defense build I have hard time imagining it. Before it was a close thing, you lost yes but it was like you needed more sustain; the rest was there. Now your sustain is 1.5x what it was, essentially. Plus other goodies.

If you are running the old build (there are a few doing that) the ranger will have a bit more trouble but should still win.

Holy word salad.

i read everything, but understood nothing.  

"Untamed vs Defensebreaker" untamed will win? did i get that right? 

• Confused 2

35 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Holy word salad.

i read everything, but understood nothing.  

No, I don't think untamed will win. Not on equal skill level anyway.

With the new defense you have the sustain you need to win. Before the ranger could bully you into playing defensively and from there on it was a downhill fight. Now you have the sustain to fight back.

Though I mean this for any type of ranger in conquest. I'm not sure untamed is the best for 1v1, but the build shouldn't make a difference atm.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

We're not talking about which spec wins here, we're talking about the proposition of FC having a cd of 30 seconds. For reference though:

Untamed Vs Defensebreaker - Spb wins generally, but the matchup is far from unwinnable for untamed. 

Untamed Vs any other spellbreaker vartiant - untamed wins. 

SPB is currently fending off Untamed/Rangers specifically because of full counter and the new performance of the defense line. It's not a funny example to use it as an example for the proposed change to full counter meant to "fix" warrior last page. 

Problem is you can’t guarantee full counter will land even if you play perfectly because of weapon stow. Ranger goes for maul, warrior does full counter, ranger stows weapon. Both players played perfectly. Your proposed change gives spellbreaker a 30 sec cooldown for playing perfectly.

This is correct. being insane levels of unbalanced when it comes to reining spellbreaker back in will turn that interaction into one where sbp gets punished  aggressively for something it can't possibly predict, 30 seconds is too much. 

Before the ranger could bully you into playing defensively and from there on it was a downhill fight. Now you have the sustain to fight back.

This. Fourstacking spb is a problem but untamed is meta too. Be even handed with your nerfs or you're just going to perpetuate the next op class and not get generally closer to balance. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Theres nothing to talk about then, as this would completly kill spb.

I believe the original suggestion was 30 sec CD if it doesn't proc. 20 sec might work with current defense (which IMO will get nerfed), 30 sec you are just core war waiting to get nuked after 1 mistake by you / good play from opponent.

Doesn't a 100-200% nerf (ie increasing FC CD to 20 or 30s) sound a little egregious?  Most nerfs are on the order of 10-30%. Being so heavyhanded is a great way to kill a spec (any spec). Imagine increasing the CD of Reapers shroud or holoforge or beastmode or [insert e-spec mechanic here] by 200%....

That's why I think it makes a lot more sense to just fix the CD bug which will nerf FC by 16.5%. If that's too little, then nerf it some more.

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Doesn't a 100-200% nerf (ie increasing FC CD to 20 or 30s) sound a little egregious?

Its not a flat 100% nerf was suggested isnt it? Its conditional but it would make class performance inconsistent and harder to balance. A flat 50%, which is normal, I remember many times when these 50% were applied, should help to make a window to fight them back.

1 hour ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

That's why I think it makes a lot more sense to just fix the CD bug which will nerf FC by 16.5%

As if that would fix it... with their patch frequency it should be more than just that. 

Edited by semak.7481
holy typo