Living World Seasons...throwing me off.

cgx.8962

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

It do exist and have been linked in this very thread.

Op was under the incorrect information that you could get it for 40 bucks if you bought pof+hot, eod first and then just added it t your account afterwards.

They have said they are looking into adding it to their own homepage soon but its been quite awhile since that statement.

Sounds like the problem is solved then? 

2 minutes ago, cgx.8962 said:

To purchase with gems which comes in packs of 800, 1600, 2800, 4000, 8000 and buy them that way.

To buy them all you need 4160 gems. I cannot purchase 4160 gems, I have to buy an additional 800. Which is what bothers me. 

I don't like that kind of practice. I feel there should be an option to buy story content for money not just gems. As of right now you can only do that with LWS2 which is $16 cash or $20 with a gem pack.

I understand that all F2P games do this and I'm sure I will use those extra gems... I know it's not a lot of money but I just don't want to support that kind of practice.

You can buy 160 gems with in game gold and 4000 gems with real money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

The purchasing of seasons has always been poorly communicated for those who didn’t get it free. I’m not sure what’s available to buy these days, but if a complete steam package doesn’t exist, that should be rectified.

The Steam release was the first time they made it possible to buy everything as a single bundle but it is actually a worse deal than the Ultimate Edition unless you consider the character slot, raptor skin and skiff skin to be worthless.

The bundle made things more straight forward but people are getting less for their money.

At least with the current 20% discount on the complete collection they are essentially the same value now and that is probably why they are priced that way.

4 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Sounds like the problem is solved then? 

You can buy 160 gems with in game gold and 4000 gems with real money.

Yes I agree problem seems solved and others have told OP they can just buy the rest of the gems with gold.

But they dont have enough gold after playing 7 days and for some reason cant start season 2, hot, season 3 pof season 4 and 95% off ibs before being able to buy the last episode of ibs.

I dont understand why and Im quite sure you dont either mate.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

Ultimately this is where it’s at. Solutions exist in this thread. We have all been here long enough to know Anet won’t change this anytime soon if at all if it’s not on their existing agenda. If they decide suddenly it needs changing, that’s likely months away best case.

Op has left their feedback and we have left viable solutions. It’s their call what they do next with that information.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

But they dont have enough gold after playing 7 days and for some reason cant start season 2, hot, season 3 pof season 4 and 95% off ibs before being able to buy the last episode of ibs.

I'm not sure what you mean by this - apologies. Should I have enough gold after spending 7 days playing to buy a season? I've only got around 15 gold right now spent about 2 gold buying gear. That's it really, haven't bought anything else.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Op has left their feedback and we have left viable solutions. It’s their call what they do next with that information.

I'm not disregarding anyone's solution btw. I understand.

But I'm not going to change my feedback on story content being *mostly* sold by gems only.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, cgx.8962 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this - apologies. Should I have enough gold after spending 7 days playing to buy a season? I've only got around 15 gold right now spent about 2 gold buying gear. That's it really, haven't bought anything else.

Ok so what they mean is, you can buy some gems of any amount with gold.

As I suggested, 4000 gems can be purchased with your own money. That leaves 160 gems which you can buy from the custom gems tab in game using gold. I don’t know what the current conversion rate is, but it won’t take long to earn that amount of gold

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cgx.8962 said:

I'm not disregarding anyone's solution btw. I understand.

But I'm not going to change my feedback on story content being *mostly* sold by gems only.

I’m not invalidating your feedback, I’m just saying don’t expect change. Or at least don’t block your progress awaiting it if you want to play the story and all the new maps.

Thats my opinion anyway. I’ve been wrong before.

Only the once mind you

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, cgx.8962 said:

I would have known the living World Seasons were part of the main story and needed to fully experience the story of the expansions I wouldn't have bought the first 2 expansions. I would have bought the entire collection.

Contact Support and explain that you would like to get the Complete Collections and explain what you had already bought. They will be able to advise you on how to proceed. Posting it here, you'll just get suggestions but apparently you are not receptive of them. Hence arguments instead of resolving the issue.

37 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

If you really think you need to play the whole story in just a few weeks I don't know what to tell you. I also don't understand your obsession with the gemstore when its one of the best and least aggressive in the entire genre. On top of this you get all future Living World season for free just by logging in.

Just so you know, the open-world and story will be several times harder by the time of HoT, compared to Personal Story, so I really wouldn't get too careless about it.

This is a purchase issue, not a gameplay issue. How long it takes OP to play is completely irrelevant.

-----

For us vets, we already know how it works and how to supplement any gems through exchanges. Op wants everything in a nice neat package. If OP is unwilling to accept the suggestions here, best thing is for OP to contact support since it won't get anywhere by debating.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

but apparently you are not receptive of them. Hence arguments instead of resolving the issue.

I've made it pretty clear I understand the solutions given to me. And the only person I was argumentive with was the person suggesting I am not playing right by wanting to continue the story. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

Contact Support and explain that you would like to get the Complete Collections and explain what you had already bought. They will be able to advise you on how to proceed. Posting it here, you'll just get suggestions but apparently you are not receptive of them. Hence arguments instead of resolving the issue.

This is a purchase issue, not a gameplay issue. How long it takes OP to play is completely irrelevant.

-----

For us vets, we already know how it works and how to supplement any gems through exchanges. Op wants everything in a nice neat package. If OP is unwilling to accept the suggestions here, best thing is for OP to contact support since it won't get anywhere by debating.

The thing is to OP want complete collection outside of steam.

It is not possible.

And 2 OP thought if you bought hot+pof and eod on steam then added complete collection ontop of that you then would get it discounted so all living story only costed them 40 bucks.

That aint possible either.

So they want 2 impossible things at this moment.

Their best solution as of this moment to buy living word seasons 2-5 for cold cash is buy 4k gems then buy and play the story until they got enough gold to convert the last 160 gems.

And if your still on season 1 you got season 2, heart of thorns, season 3, path of fire, season 4 and most of icebrood saga before you need to cough up enough gold to get the last episode in icebrood OP

• Confused 2

For what is worth, LS season are really worth its money. And if you like the game youll surely buy some gems in the future and get them through playing, they wont go to waste. 

Also there is no discount on larger amounts of gems, so youre not missing anything if you buy gems slowly. Maybe wait with buying seasons untill you come to them ingame as they get discounted from time to time. 

32 minutes ago, cgx.8962 said:

Is that not okay?....

It's your game and money. You can like or dislike anything you want. From your comments, my impression is that you do not like any of the suggestions or am I wrong? 

30 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

It is not possible.

And 2 OP thought if you bought hot+pof and eod on steam then added complete collection ontop of that you then would get it discounted so all living story only costed them 40 bucks.

That aint possible either.

So they want 2 impossible things at this moment.

Their best solution as of this moment to buy living word seasons 2-5 for cold cash is buy 4k gems then buy and play the story until they got enough gold to convert the last 160 gems.

And if your still on season 1 you got season 2, heart of thorns, season 3, path of fire, season 4 and most of icebrood saga before you need to cough up enough gold to get the last episode in icebrood OP

My understanding is that the purchase were bought from Anet, not Steam. And OP only mentioned Steam because OP assume they can buy them separately there or get a discount. If purchased from Anet, then Support here might be able to help. If not purchased from Anet, then OP can post in the QoL thread. Posting here will not solve the problem since even if implemented, it'll not be anytime soon.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

my impression is that you do not like any of the suggestions or am I wrong? 

I will do what I have to do because I enjoy the game. I have given the "thanks emote" to the people that helped me.

But no, I do not like gems, feathers, crystals, energy or any kind of currency packs in F2P games - they are there for a reason (to get you to spend more than what just need). I want to buy things with 1 transaction with real money.

Especially since I would prefer to play the story in order. It seems I have to buy the 4000 gems and then convert the gold scraping by with to buy the rest. If this feels great to you, that's awesome, but it doesn't feel great to me. I think that is okay, I will get over it.

Moving on people, thanks for discussing this with me. Happy New Years.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Sounds to me more like cgx is standing against the F2P monetization nonsense on principle, not that they don't get there are ways to bypass it.
That's a commendable stance, and, given it holds up as time goes by, the singular direct way how to force any capitalistic entity to listen.

As for the solution, I'd suggest taking the 4k Gems offer - supporting the studio for their work - but making use of what Healix already mentioned: every 5000 Achievement Points rewarding you with 400 Gems, which should be very little of an issue before You get to the last missing episode, unless You really dislike achievements.
Meaning You've made Your voice heard, and ANet losing money on that last episode exactly thanks to the abusive schemes they're employing, willing or not.

Unfortunately, the monetization being as exploitative as in any other F2P game, there'll be a plethora of other purposefully invented problems rearing its hideous heads in a matter of seconds: (trash) loot stacking up, items requiring deep Wiki dives to determine their purpose, too little bank and storage space for all the crafting materials you wouldn't know how to use yet... the usual.
At least Tyrians aren't that keen on gachas... yet.

Also, if abusive developer behavior really goes against Your grain, never buy any Build "Templates", Build Storage, or Equipment Storage.
Long story short: once upon a time we had a beautiful add-on made by a passionate player named DeltaConnected, who agreed to discontinue their development of the add-on if ANet ever made an official version.
ANet did make an official version, but then cut it in three, put a prize tag on each of them, and butchered its functionality, so it doesn't come close to even what's in the original GW.
They also made a forum thread before the official release of the "Templates" to "get feedback" from players, who, obviously, tore it down. That thread got almost completely ignored and, after the release, deleted altogether.
Then they made another, clean feedback thread after the release, most likely hoping for the new players to weather the storm, and, although there were more positive voices in that one, this crowning abomination got pummeled to the ground regardless.

But the GW2 players being what they are, the vast majority of them very quickly forgot about the entire fiasco right when the next disco ball piece of gear hit the Gem Store.

I, for one, salute Your determination to stand by Your view points.
Hell knows the world could use many more people able to keep their backs straight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Vyr.9387 said:

Unfortunately, the monetization being as exploitative as in any other F2P game, there'll be a plethora of other purposefully invented problems rearing its hideous heads in a matter of seconds

You've hit the nail on the head with your reply, ty 🙂

2 minutes ago, Vyr.9387 said:

Also, if abusive developer behavior really goes against Your grain, never buy any Build "Templates", Build Storage, or Equipment Storage.

I don't plan on it. I'm really hoping this doesn't cause a lot of issues later in the game. So far I have managed, but my bank capacity is not good. lol

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

It is not possible.

Outside steam => https://buy.guildwars2.com/en-us/complete-collection , also currently 20% off.

1 hour ago, Vyr.9387 said:

As for the solution, I'd suggest taking the 4k Gems offer - supporting the studio for their work - but making use of what Healix already mentioned: every 5000 Achievement Points rewarding you with 400 Gems, which should be very little of an issue before You get to the last missing episode, unless You really dislike achievements.
Meaning You've made Your voice heard, and ANet losing money on that last episode exactly thanks to the abusive schemes they're employing, willing or not.

Shouting in the void is probably more accurate than being heard. If you want any resemblance of being heard then don't buy any game with a cash shop and that can be generalized to any sort of live services game. Doing anything else is just sending a muddled message at best or more likely the entire message is just lost.

If you are truly against these practices then you should not play GW2 or any other game with similar practices.. Not even as a completely free account because that still contributes to positive statistics about the game.

1 hour ago, cgx.8962 said:

If this feels great to you, that's awesome, but it doesn't feel great to me. I think that is okay, I will get over it.

It's not about me or anyone else. It's about you and we're all here trying to help. Most of us anyways. But you seem to be taking advice and suggestions as if we're all against your stance and trying to argue with your opinions. Stop being so defensive and take suggestions at their face values.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, cgx.8962 said:

I don't plan on it. I'm really hoping this doesn't cause a lot of issues later in the game. So far I have managed, but my bank capacity is not good. lol

It does, as it's unfortunately designed to do.
But the more You learn about the game, the more the options to cheat the system become apparent, be it through simple things like using characters as mules for overflowing items or understanding the little kinks of this particular world, e. g. "Trophy" items being mostly good solely for vendors or throwing away, but everything should always get a Wiki check (available from within the game itself as well, using the /wiki [item name; works even when linked via Shift+LMB] chat command) to be sure.

14 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Shouting in the void is probably more accurate than being heard. If you want any resemblance of being heard then don't buy any game with a cash shop and that can be generalized to any sort of live services game. Doing anything else is just sending a muddled message at best or more likely the entire message is just lost.

If you are truly against these practices then you should not play GW2 or any other game with similar practices.. Not even as a completely free account because that still contributes to positive statistics about the game.

True, no snowflake is ever responsible for the avalanche alone, but doing nothing lying back in the comfortable chains of the black-and-white perspective guarantees failure, and, considering a person is only ever able to control their own actions, conversely stepping up from the rows even when you're seemingly alone against the whole world of wayward and misguided silent souls is exactly how impossible change is achieved.
Because if enough people do what cgx is proposing here - NOT bowing down to this nonsense, no matter how much you want that story chapter or weapon skin or whatever - ANet can either sit idly and then scratch their heads when NCSoft pull the plug, or they start asking "Oi, guys, Y U NO buy stuves enimor?" beforehand, since it should never be "we against them".
They're the artists we love the work of. We shouldn't want them to drop dead.

However, if they don't - or can't - listen to anything but raw cash when they cross the line, money's the easiest most difficult thing to yell with, especially knowing how quickly can our alchemical machinery (get) turn(ed) against us.

But life didn't emerge to slowly fade into the void again. If there's one thing every living being craves by default, it's survival, regardless of circumstances.
And precisely in the face of adversity we should remind the world - and perhaps, first and foremost, ourselves - that we are, indeed, alive.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3