The Cheese of Jormag, one large hole with all the taste gone with the arctic wind.

1 minute ago, Azureus.5428 said:

Expectations, that the level of digital society I've signed up for through my investment will remain intact, are unreasonable?

Yes, that is unreasonable. First, this isn't an investment and second, MMO's evolve and change. Do you even understand what you purchased here?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

Just now, Azureus.5428 said:

My point is that they should not devolve, like this one did.

I get what your point is and again, the game isn't fashioned around how you think it should work. There are business decisions at work here ... obviously you aren't aware of them, or are ignoring them to make this about you. 

• Like 2

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

I get what your point is and again, the game isn't fashioned around how you think it should work. There are business decisions at work here ... obviously you aren't aware of them, or are ignoring them to make this about you. 

Yeah, business decisions, always turning art into something crippled.

https://imgur.com/gallery/hMupJZa

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Azureus.5428 said:

Yeah, business decisions, always turning art into something crippled.

https://imgur.com/gallery/hMupJZa

Well, at least you seem to be coping by practicing your meme skills. Despite the colourful image you use to make some kind of general, irrelevant point here ... I'm sure Anet will continue to use game information to make game decisions on things like difficulty and progression and the game will continue on despite your fearmongering.  

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Well, at least you seem to be coping by practicing your meme skills. Despite the colourful image you use to make some kind of general, irrelevant point here ... I'm sure Anet will continue to use game information to make game decisions on things like difficulty and progression and the game will continue on despite your fearmongering.  

It's does pay to sell trash. Hence the Great Atlantic Garbage Patch.

• Confused 1

It's does pay to sell trash. Hence the Great Atlantic Garbage Patch.

Again, what is your evidence that these changes have been detrimental for the for the game?

You have NOTHING. Obviously, there are plenty of people out there ready to support this game, so much so that it's still in development after 10+ years. If you think it's trash, just don't play it. It's not about you. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

Again, what is your evidence that these changes have been detrimental for the for the game?

You have NOTHING. 

What is your basis for claiming that through removing the most basic shreds of difficulty from the widely available demo of the game we have gained anything but an influx of people who want everything easy and just keep on cheesing, bots included? 

A profitable decision, indeed. Just not for people who actually value GW2.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Azureus.5428 said:

What is your basis for claiming that through removing the most basic shreds of difficulty from the widely available demo of the game we have gained anything but an influx of people who want everything easy and just keep on cheesing, bots included? 

I didn't make that claim ... so WTH you talking about?

I'm just telling you that game isn't about you and if you don't like it, don't play it but don't pretend like you speak for everyone and have all this insight to how detrimental the changes to the game have been for everyone who plays it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I didn't make that claim. I'm just telling you that game isn't about you and if you don't like it, don't play it but don't pretend like you speak for everyone and have all this insight to how detrimental the changes to the game have been for everyone who plays it. 

I have the right to speak for any group I'd like to represent and your attempts at making my opinion any less valid than yours are just signs of your weird fanaticism.

Edited by Azureus.5428
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Azureus.5428 said:

I have the right to speak for any group I'd like to represent and your attempts at making my opinion any less valid than yours are just signs of your weird fanaticism.

There is no attempt to make your opinion invalid here ... the reality of the success of the game does that well enough. You simply have no idea how detrimental (if at all) these changes that you don't like have on the game. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Azureus.5428 said:

It is, it was a deal between me and the people who sold me the product.

Did you read what you signed up for though. You did not buy a product. You’re renting a service from a company. 

1.3 License and Restrictions

Eligible users have a *limited* right to Use the Services in accordance with the User Agreement. Among the limitations on this right is that it may change or be revoked at any time in our discretion, except as otherwise provided under applicable law. 

Similarly, like other online offerings, the Services themselves are subject to change or interruption. 

• Like 3

There is no attempt to make your opinion invalid here ... the reality of the game does that well enough. You simply have no idea how detrimental (if at all) these changes you don't like have on the game. 

The reality of the game is that it's becoming easier. And my opinion on power creep is that it makes levelling boring and the 'struggles' of the main character are something like Doom on IDKFA. So what is your reality?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Azureus.5428 said:

The reality of the game is that it's becoming easier. And my opinion on power creep is that it makes levelling boring and the 'struggles' of the main character are something like Doom on IDKFA. 

Again ... what is your evidence to indicate this is a problem for the game or the general population of people that play it? 

You don't appear to understand how business works. If people don't like something, they just don't buy it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

And I am entitled to voicing my qualms about the said service.

I am not saying you shouldn’t voice opinions, but I am pointing out that when you bought gw2, you agreed to these rules. You cannot claim you bought a product that should not change the way they see fit. All this shows is you did not read the contract before you bought it.

Tell them your concerns and complain about what you want. But you should accept it’s within their right to make these changes. You don’t have to like it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Azureus.5428 said:

Same goes for you, so you're turning this discussion into a parody.

That's exactly true. That's why I'm not voicing an opinion here. I'm relying on factual reality to show this isn't the problem you say it is. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That's exactly true. That's why I'm not voicing an opinion here. I'm relying on factual reality to show this isn't the problem you say it is. 

Your opinion is seemingly that lowering the initial difficulty bar to something below the sea level isn't detrimental to shaping a gaming society that wants a game based upon skill, instead of churning numbers.

What is your personal preference on this matter?

• Confused 1

Your opinion is seemingly that lowering the initial difficulty bar to something below the sea level isn't detrimental to shaping a gaming society that wants a game based upon skill, instead of churning numbers.

What is your personal preference on this matter?

No, you don't know what my opinion is: I haven't given it to you. But here is a fact for you:

You have nothing to indicate that the changes to the game you don't like are a detriment to the game. 

So sure, have the opinion the changes are bad. I'm certain the game will not adjust to suit your ideas how it should work.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No, you don't know what my opinion is: I haven't given it to you. But here is a fact for you:

You have nothing to indicate that the changes to the game you don't like are a detriment to the game. 

And I presume you won't give me your opinion on the effects of these changes, because what matters is the business decision and the bottom line, right?

• Confused 1

And I presume you won't give me your opinion on the effects of these changes, because what matters is the business decision and the bottom line, right?

If I needed my opinion to have this discussion, I would have given it to you. 

The fact remains that despite your dislike for changes to the game, you don't know if they are a detriment to the game or not and THAT is what is important, because the game isn't about catering to individual players. That's not how businesses that provide a general service like an MMO work. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1