Hammer Berserker Is Actually Pretty Decent (PvP)

Zuko.7132

I’ve been having success with this build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAIl7lJwwYJsQmJe+X+tLA-zZIPkGlAZKECZF4oBA

The adrenaline gain from cc is great for berserker. If you land a tier 1 core burst, you are fully refunded, allowing you to actually use core bursts and still build up Zerk mode. Tons of stability from all of the ccs. Mesmer runes in combo with paralyzation sigil lead to over 3 second aoe daze time with zerk hammer burst during which time you deal 33% more damage due to runes, sigil, and trait. Learn how long your ccs last and don’t overwrite them too early. Best part is I don’t think it’s just a meme build. Seems to actually work well. Good luck brothers.

Edited by Zuko.7132
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Zuko.7132 said:

The adrenaline gain from cc is great for berserker. If you land a tier 1 core burst, you are fully refunded, allowing you to actually use core bursts and still build up Zerk mode. Tons of stability from all of the ccs. Mesmer runes in combo with paralyzation sigil lead to over 3 second aoe daze time with zerk hammer burst during which time you deal 33% more damage due to runes, sigil, and trait. Learn how long your ccs last and don’t overwrite them too early. Good luck brothers.

mesmer runes and paralyzation sigil, genius 💡gonna give this a go. 😁

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Zuko.7132 said:

The adrenaline gain from cc is great for berserker. If you land a tier 1 core burst, you are fully refunded, allowing you to actually use core bursts and still build up Zerk mode. Tons of stability from all of the ccs. Mesmer runes in combo with paralyzation sigil lead to over 3 second aoe daze time with zerk hammer burst during which time you deal 33% more damage due to runes, sigil, and trait. Learn how long your ccs last and don’t overwrite them too early. Good luck brothers.

This looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for the build!

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

yes slapping something named "superior rune of the mesmer" into my armor is very offputting. 🤮

but a warrior's gotta do what a warrior's gotta do. for science.💡

Just imagine we’re stunning them so hard that they see double. That’s how warrior makes clones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Is the animation of Rupturing Smash when you have quickness supposed to be so fast? Yesterday I bonked someone for 9k(i think?) followed by hammer 2 crit and dude got insta deleted, but it happened so fast that even I was not sure how that happened.
I had a good chuckle out of that tho.

1 hour ago, Greyrat.2378 said:

Is the animation of Rupturing Smash when you have quickness supposed to be so fast? Yesterday I bonked someone for 9k(i think?) followed by hammer 2 crit and dude got insta deleted, but it happened so fast that even I was not sure how that happened.

Leaps are not supposed to be affected by quickness, but hey, if you hit them for 9k on F1 followed by FB, then I fully expect an instagib attack speed increased or not.

2 hours ago, Greyrat.2378 said:

How did you get 9k? Were you running the build I posted and were you in pvp? Or was this wvw or with a different build? I wish I got those numbers on this build with rupturing smash.

5 hours ago, Zuko.7132 said:

How did you get 9k? Were you running the build I posted and were you in pvp? Or was this wvw or with a different build? I wish I got those numbers on this build with rupturing smash.

Yep, your build in sPvP. I believe it was willbender, although perhaps I got it mixed with the hammer 2 and he was running some glass build, which would explain why he got deleted so quickly (i did not check the combat log afterwards unfortunately).
Still it hits super hard, although I struggle a bit with sustain.
Would marauder amulet be better option for more sustain or is the additional vitality kind of obsolete? 

edit: https://imgur.com/u26WnWz.png
managed to get 7.5k, so I guess the 9k might not be that unrealistic under right conditions (sPvP)

Edited by Greyrat.2378
edit: added link regarding rupturing smash

34 minutes ago, Greyrat.2378 said:

Yep, your build in sPvP. I believe it was willbender, although perhaps I got it mixed with the hammer 2 and he was running some glass build, which would explain why he got deleted so quickly (i did not check the combat log afterwards unfortunately).
Still it hits super hard, although I struggle a bit with sustain.
Would marauder amulet be better option for more sustain or is the additional vitality kind of obsolete? 

I'd stick with berserker. War already has a great hp pool, and berserker is all about big numbers. You're going to be squishy either way. Might as well hit harder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dahkeus.8243 said:

Is there some bug with Mesmer runes I don't know about?  Tooltip says they affect daze.  The only daze in this build is mace 3.  All other hard CCs are stuns/knockdowns.

There is also the mace primal burst, which you can cast every 5 seconds thanks to merciless hammer giving 7 adrenaline for disabling foes and that skill just costing 10.

31 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

There is also the mace primal burst, which you can cast every 5 seconds thanks to merciless hammer giving 7 adrenaline for disabling foes and that skill just costing 10.

And the hammer primal burst. Hammer is a 2 sec daze baseline.