Only community GW2 managed to build

Just now, Nikola.3841 said:

learn to read, lol...I said its community issue, not a game issue
Even your post is proving it...if I made it on DAOC vnboard forum, 

I'd usually get "hey, log into game and pm me and I'll help"

Well, it's not a community issue either ... because your experience is not indicative of the communities that DO exist in this game. You just aren't a part of them, probably because of how you play the game. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Nikola.3841 said:

Guess they're just carefully hidden

Well, things tend to be "carefully" hidden if you can't be bothered to open your eyes. But hey, you be you ... blame 'the communities' for your inability to do game content. 

Millions of people have played this game and many of those done the content you are talking about. But sure ... your experience is indicative a lack of community in this game. SURE, YOU are the one with the typical GW2 experience and everyone else is just plain old lucky or something. 🤔

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Well, things tend to be "carefully" hidden if you can't be bothered to open your eyes. But hey, you be you ... blame 'the communities' for your inability to do game content. 

Millions of people have played this game and many of those done the content you are talking about. But sure ... your experience is indicative a lack of community in this game. SURE, YOU are the one with the typical GW2 experience and everyone else is just plain old lucky or something. 🤔

Your posts are proving my point, not yours

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

39 minutes ago, Nikola.3841 said:

Your posts are proving my point, not yours

What was that point actually? Because if you had a point, you didn't actually make it very well ... unless your point is how ineffectively you interact with people who are in communities that help each other with PVE content by equating that to "the only community in GW2 is raid sellers". 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

What was that point actually? Because if you had a point, you didn't actually make it very well ... unless your point is how ineffectively you interact with people who are in communities that help each other with PVE content by equating that to "the only community in GW2 is raid sellers". 

I mean... Eh... To find most communities in GW2, players need outside sources - discord, tur-ddit, etc. Game is lacking quite a bit with in-game communities promotion

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

11 hours ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

I mean... Eh... To find most communities in GW2, players need outside sources - discord, tur-ddit, etc. Game is lacking quite a bit with in-game communities promotion

Used to be like this (captured only small part of it, due to 800x600 resolution I ran back then, lol)

https://prnt.sc/s96neub9Jiob

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 1/11/2023 at 6:06 AM, Bakeneko.5826 said:

OK ... but that isn't the problem that the OP has. He's literally saying organized communities don't exist, aside from the 'raid selling' one and somehow ... that's the fault of the game. 

Every single thing about his assertion is wrong and furthermore, without really stating what his actual problem is as well. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

OK ... but that isn't the problem that the OP has. He's literally saying organized communities don't exist, aside from the 'raid selling' one and somehow ... that's the fault of the game. 

Every single thing about his assertion is wrong and furthermore, without really stating what his actual problem is as well. 

Its hard to explain to someone who wasn't there

maybe if you read this  you'd get a grasp of it

Edited by Nikola.3841
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Nikola.3841 said:

Its hard to explain to someone who wasn't there

maybe if you read this  you'd get a grasp of it

That's pretty assuming of you that 'I wasn't there' and has nothing to do with the thread anyways. What I do know is that ... you are wrong when you say the only organized community in GW2 is raid sellers. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That's pretty assuming of you that 'I wasn't there' and has nothing to do with the thread anyways. What I do know is that ... you are wrong when you say the only organized community in GW2 is raid sellers. 

Yet, you didn't point me to one...if you mean ones you can find through in-game tool, its just ad-hoc

groups made for doing strike, world boss or whatever, and not a community of people

Edited by Nikola.3841
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Nikola.3841 said:

So you confirm what I originally stated...people in GW2 don't want to help others
(except raid sellers)

I'm not confirming anything you originally stated because I don't believe what you are saying is true. In fact, I believe it's the opposite of true ... you just aren't willing to do what is necessary to be part of those communities. 

Again, you can't find people that are willing to help you under your conditions for it ... that's seems like a you problem, not the game. You know I'm betting your the kind of person to complain these communities don't exist on the one hand, while not doing anything to change it on the other. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 1

On 1/11/2023 at 12:06 PM, Bakeneko.5826 said:

I mean... Eh... To find most communities in GW2, players need outside sources - discord, tur-ddit, etc

Never used them, so... evidently not.

3 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

This is exactly why they should have a queing system. If properly implemented it would remove the entire need to pay guilds for Raids.

There already isn't such need.

3 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

You could just find a random party to do it. 

You literally already can.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

This is exactly why they should have a queing system. If properly implemented it would remove the entire need to pay guilds for Raids. You could just find a random party to do it. 

Its honestly not that hard to so I don't see the need to pay. 

I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a statement.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

This is exactly why they should have a queing system. If properly implemented it would remove the entire need to pay guilds for Raids. You could just find a random party to do it. 

Its honestly not that hard to so I don't see the need to pay. 

People don't buy Raids, because they can't join groups doing them. They buy Raids, because they want to be carried through. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wrong guilds?  I think not.

Anet has changed the game, taken skills, destroyed content, dismissed the players en masse, not giving the community the 'glue' it neeed that it had in GW1 -- remember Gaile???  

No, I have been in some really amazing guilds -- most have flown the coop, moving on to what they deem more exciting, more rewarding and more community minded gaming experiences -- I just didn't want to move with them -- this is my game and has been since BETA.

I didn't choose wrongly, most of us didn't -- most of us were very active in our guilds and they left -- Anet has no idea how to 'build' a thing, but they have experience making sure this never becomes a community like WoW finally did.  OH, what's that you say?  "ROTFL WoW a community?"  Yeppers baby, they changed the game after the PANDA incident -- and the game has been better since --- MANY have left here for 'there' but since I was a REAL BETA tester IN WoW and  player IN it for over ten years, I know this is better, it's just horridly managed.  Beta testers in WoW before the public release mattered -- we had to file reports -- we had to be responsible and tell truths that devs needed to see and hear -- screenshots were always necessary and helpful -- and we enjoyed our relationship with the devs -- they listened until they didn't and then they did again -- so there's the truth of gaming -- we need those who make the game to care about the game AND the players. both.

Edited by Rebuke.3176
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

• 3 weeks later...

Many ppl actually wants to help and would like to do raids for example. But they are scared because people tend to be often unfriendly in high-end content. I prefer chill runs or low kp runs or even trainings because they are often just... more friendly. If there are one or more unfriendly people in the group it can ruin the positive and happy feelings from everyone in the group. 

• Like 1