Math to back up why Maguuma should go it alone next relink.

exeggcuter.8394

3 hours ago, lotus.5672 said:

Watch the vid again but this time looking at the necro's buff bar, he barely gets any stab and no might stacks at all. 🤡

Which necro you talking about?  You mean this one?  Or the recorder who gets roughly the same amount and frequency of boons as some of the other players he's targeting?  I'm really not sure what mysticozzy intended for readers to get out of watching that video because it was posted with vague commentary.  So everyone will "read" the video in their own way.

https://ibb.co/1LK7qWH

What is this magical boonball that only Mag tactics can defeat, as if no one else has ever fought and won against the pug guild in the video before?  I'm just not seeing these hard-to-crack perma-boons on the enemy group.  Post up some videos of Mag against Indo's group or soul even so we can see these problematic boons.  Better yet, post up some video of Mag trying to disrupt the GvG that was happening in the OS the other day.  Too bad the OS doesn't count towards KDR, right?

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 2

I havent played for weeks now and just decided on playing games on Steam. If anet won't fix this then there's no way I will be playing this game again. 

Anet can clearly see the problem with Mag's coverage. Even after relink, it will stay the same as bandwagoners will continue to switch to the new link server. 

Edited by PrinceValentine.9320
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, lotus.5672 said:

Watch the vid again but this time looking at the necro's buff bar, he barely gets any stab and no might stacks at all. 🤡

Sorry you have appeared to be either an alt account or a swipe right tweeter gen that fails to make points outside of one liners. So not really worth the time. kthxbai I guess would be in line. This is leading into a match up thread and seems to have run its course it seems. Maybe next time provide a point and then provide info to support it. But again thx for giving me room to not support Mag's zerging.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LetoII.3782 said:

If you want to tell yourself the best gameplay there ever was in gw2 happened before most of the launch-present players had even equipped themselves in full exotics.. You go right ahead lol.

Who was talking about the best? You just confirmed what I said...while everyone in the USA was still in exotics, Red Guard were farming mapblobs with only 5 people, all fully in ascended gear and knowing exactly how to exploit every little bit in their favor

Yet...

https://i.imgur.com/UIHeXLG.jpg

Edited by Nikola.3841

1 hour ago, Nikola.3841 said:

.while everyone in the USA was still in exotics, Red Guard were farming mapblobs with only 5 people

Back then there was no group organization greater than single party

all fully in ascended gear

There was no ascended gear

and knowing exactly how to exploit every little bit in their favor

Did you watch the video or just link it?... Cuz I think somebody told you about this guild that played waaaaaaaay back forever ago and you bought the fairy tale without an ounce of critical; thought.

46 minutes ago, LetoII.3782 said:

Back then there was no group organization greater than single party

There was no ascended gear

Did you watch the video or just link it?... Cuz I think somebody told you about this guild that played waaaaaaaay back forever ago and you bought the fairy tale without an ounce of critical; thought.

Theres no "mapblob" group organization today, either. Do you play wvw at all?

Video is from 2013. Rings and back items were introduced with The Lost Shores and were originally available only in Fractals of the Mists (November 16, 2012)

If they were in exotics, that just proves how much more awesome they were compared to you.
Still, my guild farmed them in warhammer online 6vs6 map.

Edited by Nikola.3841
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, LetoII.3782 said:

I guess they're all too busy with the Camelot Unchained beta

I last saw Sacrx "Just wait until this game has AoEs" The Machine in New World early alpha.  The guy speed-leveled "world first" to max level by crafting iron knives.

It's not particularly difficult to get a leg up over everyone else by getting yourself invited to game alphas to learn the mechanics and shake out a starter meta then leaving shortly after the game launches before everyone else comes up to speed.  I'm unsure exactly what Nikola is trying to say, to be honest.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I last saw Sacrx "Just wait until this game has AoEs" The Machine in New World early alpha.  The guy speed-leveled "world first" to max level by crafting iron knives.

It's not particularly difficult to get a leg up over everyone else by getting yourself invited to game alphas to learn the mechanics and shake out a starter meta then leaving shortly after the game launches before everyone else comes up to speed.  I'm unsure exactly what Nikola is trying to say, to be honest.

I think he's saying his hemisphere is more skillful because he's even more Sacrx than Sacrx

Promises kept.....while the admission of EasyMode builds as a design feature was a nice ackowledgement, it's not like it was a secret.

The price for lack of genuine architecture corrections that improve the flow of competition....was always going ot be high.

Hand to god...I logged in there last Sunday and ran up about 100-0 vs Mag on EBG....check the KDR log.

Theyre the authors of their own meaningless press.

Seriously, GL with all this

• Confused 1

I've been linked to Mag -- twice.

There's nothing wrong with Mag -- and they get spawncamped more than most realize.

It's a matter of numbers and time zones -- links that have really bad 'daytimes' should not also be linked with one that has few or no 'daytime' presence'

Most of WvW is 'Prime Time' driven -- so IF the players are in the USA -- the gaming usually happens after work -- after classes -- before bed.

I get the complaint -- but don't blame Maguuma -- they are great people doing the same thing you are, trying to make a difference on their server while keeping up their participation under strange circumstances.

Oh... you want my idea to 'fix' WvW?  It's been said and it needs to be said again -- undo the Megaserver -- allow us the privilege of being the town criers to fill the maps and get people excited about WvW again!

The rest of WvW is 'manned' by mostly, not entirely, other countries who have their own time zones that they are strongER in than others -- so matching, again, becomes a Russian Roulette of Anet not even knowing the guilds and players in WvW or this could never have happened -- and there's a way to fix it all.  It's been said before and it needs to be said again -- UNDO the megaserver and allow us to BE the town criers to fill the maps AT NEED.

We are a strong community -- but we're losing the morale war to very bad decisions made by those who don't or hardly play a game  mode we've been playing, heart and soul, for over ten years.  Our very valid complaints about overwhelming numbers and collusion need to be addressed -- and fixed.  The fix is easy -- the convincing is hard.

Edited by Rebuke.3176
Keyboard malfunctioning over and over .
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Rebuke.3176 said:

Oh baloney.

There's nothing wrong with Mag -- and they get spawncamped more than most realize.

It's a matter of numbers and time zones -- links that have really bad 'daytimes' should not also be linked with one that has few or no 'daytime' presence'

Most of WvW is 'Prime Time' driven -- so IF the players are in the USA -- the gaming usually happens after work -- after classes -- before bed.

The rest of WvW is 'manned' by mostly, not entirely, other countries who have their own time zones that they are strongER in than others -- so matching, again, becomes a Russian Roulette of Anet not even knowing the guilds and players in WvW or this could never have happened -- this complaining, valid com

Oh baloney.

The rest of WvW is 'manned' by mostly, not entirely, other countries who have their own time zones that they are strongER in than others -- so matching, again, becomes a Russian Roulette of Anet not even knowing the guilds and players in WvW or this could never have happened -- this complaining, valid complaints, where people can't keep up their participation in the time they have to play in their busy lives -- this is a hobby and we should be treated with a modicum of respect as much as other MMOs have in the past -- I felt very valued in MMOs for decades until this one decided to ignore all but the artworks of users; few of our ideas about WvW in particular have been given a fair hearing.  

I get the complaint -- but don't blame Maguuma -- they are great people doing the same thing you are, trying to make a difference on their server while keeping up their participation under strange circumstances.

Oh... you want my idea to 'fix' WvW?  It's been said and it needs to be said again -- undo the Megaserver -- allow us the privilege of being the town criers to fill the maps and get peo

Oh baloney.

The rest of WvW is 'manned' by mostly, not entirely, other countries who have their own time zones that they are strongER in than others -- so matching, again, becomes a Russian Roulette of Anet not even knowing the guilds and players in WvW or this could never have happened -- these valid, very valid com

Oh baloney.

The rest of WvW is 'manned' by mostly, not entirely, other countries who have their own time zones that they are strongER in than others -- so matching, again, becomes a Russian Roulette of Anet not even knowing the guilds and players in WvW or this could never have happened -- and there's a way to fix it all.  It's been said before and it needs to be said again -- UNDO the megaserver and allow us to BE the town criers to fill the maps AT NEED.

We are a strong community -- but we're losing the morale war to very bad decisions made by those who don't or hardly play a game  mode we've been playing, heart and soul, for over ten years.  Our very valid complaints about overwhelming numbers and collusion need to be addressed -- and fixed.  The fix is easy -- the convincing is hard.

oh baloney this comment is cursed

3 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

How are you unsure? You just exactly described what I was saying. in EU hundreds of players do just what you said,

in NA noone cares and its much more casual

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Nikola.3841 said:

How are you unsure? You just exactly described what I was saying. in EU hundreds of players do just what you said,

in NA noone cares and its much more casual

Hundreds of EU players get a leg up by joining a game's alpha then leave shortly after launch before everyone else comes up to speed?  Huh?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Hundreds of EU players get a leg up by joining a game's alpha then leave shortly after launch before everyone else comes up to speed?  Huh?

Depends what you consider "shortly", but yes. More precise would be "leave shortly after next pvp MMO in a queue comes out"
For example, most stayed in Warhammer Online until Mythic decided to kill it

DAOC could be lone exempt, probably because it was released earlier in USA, and also MMOs were kind of

novelty back then

Edited by Nikola.3841

Just now, Nikola.3841 said:

Depends what you consider "shortly", but yes. More precise would be "leave shortly after next pvp MMO in a queue comes out"

OK so let's say you are correct (since I know of plenty of NA players who did the same thing), what does this have to do with anything about Mag?

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 10:25 AM, moutzaheadin.4029 said:

Eu players couldn’t handle MAG, the skill of our player base is made up of the best players in the world. We have evolved out of necessity to systematically pick apart the boon spamming blobs that all huddle on tag. We are made up of small groups of roaming builds that don’t use comms and know how to adjust to any situation. 

Not only would the EU people get farmed they would get BM’d into oblivion. They play super nice on EU, I’m not sure they have ever encountered the trolly, skillful and somewhat toxic level of gameplay MAG can bring. Imo they would take MAG week off too.

~obs

5 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

OK so let's say you are correct (since I know of plenty of NA players who did the same thing), what does this have to do with anything about Mag?

Someone from mag went that way, obviously

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nikola.3841 said:

Someone from mag went that way, obviously

All you've implied is that all the EU players are like Red Guard, an early recognized "good" guild here, and leave a game before everyone else catches up.  So what is supposed to make me believe that it would be the case that EU players wouldn't also get farmed by Mag or take the week off too?  Or are you saying that EU players have encountered the trolly, skillful, and somewhat toxic levels of gameplay that Mag brings because they've encountered Red Guard?  Be clear.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, LetoII.3782 said:

If you want to tell yourself the best gameplay there ever was in gw2 happened before most of the launch-present players had even equipped themselves in full exotics.. You go right ahead lol.

Or level 80.

Then again uplevel loot bags are worth more. True meta.

Anyhow, i drew a helpful diagram for everyone:

https://i.imgur.com/sZnL9Q9.png

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Nikola.3841 said:

DAOC could be lone exempt, probably because it was released earlier in USA, and also MMOs were kind of

novelty back then

For some of us we were fighting until the last day, the last hour, the last second when finally the War ended. We didn't stop, its more the world just ended. And it wasn't Mythic, it was more I would say Games Workshop not allowing the license to be renewed. I admit I play my Berserker more than others since it feels the most like my Choppa. No better feeling when you would bypass and get a chance at the zerg trying to keep your side out and cutting them down. 🙂 WAAAGH!!!

Hail to the WAR players. Grimjester says ohhai.

How did Warhammer Online manage to lose over a billion dollars in a single year...

Like, I get that server maintenance and bandwidth costs can be in the millions. And there may be over a hundred employees, I don't know how big Mythic was at the time, but a big mmorpg could easily have that. That may come to tens of millions more, possibly.

But a billion? Was Elon Musk running Mythic? Did Games Workshop just take them to the cleaners?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tryfan.1457 said:

How did Warhammer Online manage to lose over a billion dollars in a single year...

Like, I get that server maintenance and bandwidth costs can be in the millions. And there may be over a hundred employees, I don't know how big Mythic was at the time, but a big mmorpg could easily have that. That may come to tens of millions more, possibly.

But a billion? Was Elon Musk running Mythic? Did Games Workshop just take them to the cleaners?

Thats incredible amount of money

https://web.archive.org/web/20091227074449/http://fidgit.com/archives/2009/03/warhammer-online-is-77-less-on.php

But we digress...back on topic:

Yesterday, we decided to test mighty MAG cloud vs our pug (so way below Red Guard or any organized guild group standard) squad. Result:

https://prnt.sc/oxTwBn9ZmSak

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2