If WvW was a cornerstone, more would be done against hackers/cheaters in WvW.

Zok.4956

First off: I don't name+shame or discuss or accuse any players, guilds, or game world/server of cheating, griefing, hacking, or exploiting because that would violate the forum-TOS. At this point it is (more or less) public knowlege.

The number and frequency with which our keeps (and towers) are hacked into in the current matchup is very extreme and almost unbearable. It's usually only certain servers that I don't name so as not to violate the TOS, where it occurs again and again. Reporting the players doesn't seem to change anything permanently.

Anet already does have the tools to identify the players that are hacking/cheating into keeps/towers. If they can not prevent it, they could at least detect it and warn/bann players that did hack/cheat into towers/keeps.

It sucks the (remaining) fun out of WvW, if hackers/cheaters can continue doing so without real consequences, some players just stop playing and wait for the next week and hope to get other servers in the next matchup. And it just increases hacking/cheating further.

About the tools: Anet does have the server data they can examine regularly. They could run a report that checks if a tower/keep that has been flipped has enough open walls/gates or not. They could run a refinement report of the previous search results to check if the players that flipped the structure had players (thief/mesmeer i.e.) that were hidden in the structure and that entered the structure when walls/gate were open, or not. etc. etc.

Anet also could see with the server data, how those cheaters/hackers enter the structures and could change the structures to prevent those exploits in the future.

But doing so little is just gross. It shows how little not only the previous but also the current Anet management really cares about WvW and how seriously the statement "WvW is a cornerstone of the game" is really meant.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zok.4956 said:

Anet already does have the tools to identify the players that are hacking/cheating into keeps/towers. If they can not prevent it, they could at least detect it and warn/bann players that did hack/cheat into towers/keeps.

1 hour ago, Zok.4956 said:

About the tools: Anet does have the server data they can examine regularly. They could run a report that checks if a tower/keep that has been flipped has enough open walls/gates or not. They could run a refinement report of the previous search results to check if the players that flipped the structure had players (thief/mesmeer i.e.) that were hidden in the structure and that entered the structure when walls/gate were open, or not. etc. etc.

Theoretically having the data that could be used to identify hacks / exploits does NOT equal having the tools that do so.

Any kind of automated banning / flagging of suspicious players would need manual reviews because there will be false positives. So they would need devs to create that tool first, and then employ and train mods / game masters to use it. That'd require resources ANet is unwilling to spend on WvW at the moment.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Silinsar.6298 said:

Theoretically having the data that could be used to identify hacks / exploits does NOT equal having the tools that do so.

They did have the ressources and tools back at the time when HoT released because it happened at that time that they banned a lot of accounts because of hacks (teleport hacks mostly) from time to time.

26 minutes ago, Silinsar.6298 said:

That'd require resources ANet is unwilling to spend on WvW at the moment.

Yes, that is the main point of my post.

• Confused 1

Last night i was at our border,i was defending nc and for few secs i open map to check objectives and see Bay contested.
I ask in map if anyone is there to check.
A guild was raiding and went to check it,outer was fine(100%) so they moved to enemy tower.
One minute after the guild i went to check bay too and lord was dead until i reach ewp was gone!
Bay was T3 for over 5 hours and outer+inner walls/gates where 100% and none of  enemy sieges!

Edited by alteriel valie.4751

• Alot of people know Grouch for the "cornerstone"- and the later "Anet lied to you for 3 years"-posts.
  • Few people ever saw his more subtle point made in the same later exchanges.
  • When trolled about WvW being a cornerstone he replied with that it still is, to him.
  • That is a rather quick and fair way to point out that the company behind him has hung him out to dry.
  • Heard much from him lately? No?
  • Anet is up to old tricks. They'll be lying another three years and this is not the mere second time.
  • They made this whatever last version of the fanfare with the directors comming back.

Then they put a leash on and dragged it down to the competetive basement - and the cornerstone effort, including the effort put on Alliances with it. It's being squandered somewhere else, again, by amateur business people, who do not know the industry, just its trends.

Meanwhile, enjoy your QoL updates and 8 gold a week to the 30g an hour made in PvE, or farming some weekly chores for 1/3 of what you get from summoning stones for simply logging in and visiting a vendor once a week. Something always familiar with actual WvW rewards being tip-toed around. It is, as is said, what it is and always has been.

I'm being cheeky, waxing lyrical or just plain negative, however you may see it, but that is in fact exactly what I'm doing myself: I'm just taking it for what it is now, while riding it out in the sunset. I play a fair bit still, but it is hard to care or try. It is so for most people I know and like Anet said when the game released "all we really care about is playing with our friends". It's up to them to impress, encourage, restore and provide now. Most things built up over 10 years, the collective experience bank, has begun to crumble. It is out of our hands, it ran out.

Whatever issues we have with hacks or exploits is just par for the course. People resort to that when they stop caring and have little to lose. Anet is on both sides of that equation too. Imagine killing delete-to-transfer accounts that people invested in and supplanting them with create-to-litter accounts. Imagine doing that when people still ran high on hopes for Alliances comming out soon and now we're running up on another 2 years since. Jumping in through doors, how many years to fix a simple model and texture? The eyes are not here, indeed.

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

lately the game is infested with cheaters and exploiters, hearing a lot of others been reporting them yet ArenaNet does not ban them at all, nor will they take actions against them. i have put a few in my blocklist just to keep track of the reports that way, even the day of today they still log in, even the ones that promote exploits and were training people to get in enemy keeps without taking down walls or gates they could just sort of teleport inside from outside without a portal or anything. 

They(ArenaNet) either lack the tools to see cheats these days or everything players report doesn't even create a report. It wouldn't surprise me if ArenaNet programmed the report button to just 'simulate' a report but not send anything at all, there is no backlog of it or anything so you might as well just type it in notepad and then trash the file after, same result in the end. 

On 2/1/2023 at 5:50 PM, subversiontwo.7501 said:
  • Alot of people know Grouch for the "cornerstone"- and the later "Anet lied to you for 3 years"-posts.
  • Few people ever saw his more subtle point made in the same later exchanges.
  • When trolled about WvW being a cornerstone he replied with that it still is, to him.
  • That is a rather quick and fair way to point out that the company behind him has hung him out to dry.
  • Heard much from him lately? No?
  • Anet is up to old tricks.

Anet never stopped investing everywhere but wvw.  They toss an intern at it once in a while to give us a few nothing burgers.  

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure every other wvw player knows how to do the exploit to get in towers and keeps by now. Have Anet at least said they're looking into it? 

Getting real tired of it, this match I've seen people do it on all 3 servers. Not even sure what to report them for since they aren't "botting" but using an exploit.

If Anet at least said they're aware of it and looking at a fix that would be nice..

Edited by Kungsmurfen.2861
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...