Engi changes previewed so far on Feb 3 preview

Infusion.7149

25 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

If you check the wiki page it is 300+ health per second with superspeed and no healing power.

A major issue with scrapper is if you are not hitting your target (i.e. being kited) then you really are not tanky because your barrier generation drops significantly. So this is certainly an option although not a good one if you are going for outright DPS (i.e. in PVE).

In PvP only 10% of DPS converts to barrier , in WvW 15% of DPS converts to barrier so a 300 health per second that stacks with regen means ~3K DPS equivalent sustain in PVP and ~2K DPS in WVW which is about inline with autoing. That is in contrast to PvE where you can do ~18-20K autoing so they balanced it at 5% DPS to barrier.

Thanks for the clarification, and good point. So I guess their reasoning is that RR will enable you to be tanky even though you aren't hitting anyone? Makes sense, although in the current state of the game, I don't know if 300/s is enough.

39 minutes ago, Dediggefedde.4961 said:

I wonder if they bring back the original rapid regeneration.

Perhaps it is less overpowered with MDF nerved, but once it was the reason for complaints that RR+MDF with regen medkit carried groups in WvW and PvP pretty hard.

Yup, I do remember that, at one time the healing conversion was at 50%, then 25% with the competitive split. Now it's.....7% in WvW. I think we can safely say that it won't be carrying anything anytime soon, at least in WvW.  

It will be interesting to see if they play with the base numbers. The game was also much different and not as power crept as it is now. 

16 hours ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

I want my 3x burst animation back... I hate the new rifle auto... I hate it... I also dislike the new animation on rifle 5... it was fine with the nice new 3x burst animation. But now auto and skill 5 look ugly... it was better before you change stuff... miss the self cc on skill 3 its had PERSONALITY. Now its lame and generic.

The 3 burst animation was ridiculous and I hope it never comes back, the new animation is better.

I find it a bit weird they opted out for increased mg duration instead of changing the refresh rate to 1s though.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 10

14 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The 3 burst animation was ridiculous and I hope it never comes back, the new animation is better.

I find it a bit weird they opted out for increased mg duration instead of changing the refresh rate to 1s though.

Well thankfully when things calm down , they will buff it again .

The rest of the game dont need to get hampered down because of what happens in the Raiding scene ("ohhh 4 Engis in CM Temple that is used by Teapot , lets nerf that for 6 months and nerf that , rather than be happy that a fun "hard content" was created by the company")

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Nah. When they made changes December last year, there was a heat in forums about it, they took vacations. Now no one gonna write it down again. 

After last stream its clear, things wont change. Or you can get with it or just play other class.

Ofc theres condi Mech and heal alacrity Mech. But for ranged power Mech it is how it is.

OW trash mob killing is still a thing.

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Well thankfully when things calm down , they will buff it again .

What "things" will calm down? And what do you base this on exactly? I doubt they will and more importantly there's no reason for them to do it. Its state before the changes was clearly rather dumb and it's good they recognized and addressed it.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What "things" will calm down? And what do you base this on exactly? I doubt they will and more importantly there's no reason for them to do it. Its state before the changes was clearly rather dumb and it's good they recognized and addressed it.

Like the usual.

When a class becomes OP they nerf it and when the numbers fall off they buff it.

See Swipe>Steal on Daredeil.

But i loved the ranged placement of well that tried to push . It showed the true characters of WvW/PvE vs the Instance community (they didnt try to fire Sollar because Eles couldnt do anymore 51k dps) 😛

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Like the usual.

When a class becomes OP they nerf it and when the numbers fall off they buff it.

See Swipe>Steal on Daredeil.

You have 0 understanding of what you're talking about and list a change that has aboslutely nothing to do with what you said in your previous post.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Dunno Sobix are you forum hire from Anet? 

Just take Power Rifle Mech and do whatever World boss, and then say again that Mech Geniuss is OK. 

And Rifle animation is just broken, it feels laggy.

If they cared so much about AA doing too much dmg, they could shift that dmg to other skills.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gendalfs.7521 said:

Dunno Sobix are you forum hire from Anet? 

What do you mean?

Just take Power Rifle Mech and do whatever World boss, and then say again that Mech Geniuss is OK. 

It is ok, I'm doing plenty of content, ow or instanced with it. What's supposed to be not ok with it? Last person that was trying to argue it's somehow "not viable" (??) ended up basically just bringing up golem dps benchmarks as if that's relevant to anything in regards of viability. So if you have any point to make by saying what you just said... please be more specific than just that vague "go do a world boss and say again it's ok".

And Rifle animation is just broken, it feels laggy.

It doesn't. What was broken was the ridiculous AA spam it was before the change. But sure, even if anyone wants to argue there might be some space for slight changes to the current one's cast time, it's still better than the spamage it was before.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Steal>Swipe>Steal

Old Mantra>News >Old

The old mechanics becomes the new ones again when things calm down.

Again, you don't understand the changes you're trying to talk about here if you think it has anything to do with what you claim it does 🤦‍♂️ Go read up a little.

Edit: ah, I see, you're just bored. 45 minutes ago you went to my profile, and 5 minutes later you magically jumped out here with your random bait, good luck with that 😅

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

Instead of numbers I focus more on general feel and this is my observation. I left it as feeback in the change thread.

As I see it Mechanist has three interconnected issues that no amount of number tweaking would ever solve. They need a complete rework to ever work. Two of them are general Mechanist issues and the thiord is a specific Power Mechanist issue.

- Shift Signet, this ability does FAR too much. Every build starts with this as playing Mechanist without is a non-starter due to the Boon duplication-

- Mechanical Genius, this ability feels clunky as you're punished for failing it instead of rewarded for succeeding at it.

- This is more for Power Mechanists. Ranged Mech Commands stops the mech dead in it's track. Melee attacks follow the target to be done. Both situations include the auto-attack where the mech stands still to shoot and moves to melee. This lowers Power Mechanist damage as the mech in order to do attacks will often end up outside of the Mechanical Genius range which further reduces damage ne way or the other.

The reworks on how to solve these issues, as I see it should come in conjunction with each other as only reqorking one will be disatrous for the others.

- Shift Signet, remive the Boon duplication. Even with "only" the passive Movement increase and active Teleport+Stun Break+Condi Removal this ability is amazing. The Boon Duplication only ensures that it's rarely used actively since it's a noticable part of damage.

- Change Mechanical Genius to instead give the Boon Duplication. This would make it easier to control, especially for ranged since the mech itself often stands out to the left field. For melee Mechanist this change would effectively mean no cha ge as they're always within the Mechanical Genius range of the mech anyway. It also changes the ability so that it feels as a reward for succeeding it instead of a punishment for failing it as you get something instead of losing something. It's similar to Tempest Overload. Right now, it feels like a punishment if you have to move, with it giving it's reward gradually and then aburst at the end it's going to feel like a reward instead to be able to complete it. And expand the range to 600 units as 360 is exceedingly brutal for ranged with how the AI is.

- Make it so that the mech can perform ranged attacks while moving. This will make no difference for melee Mechanists as Jade Mortar is already up in the face of the target, for ranged Mechanists this will do a lot as they can freely reposition the mech without suffering.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The engi rifle auto does feel laggy. I completly drop rifle till they change the auto. Either with the 3x burst or hipshot. The one we have now is the worst it ever was.

This section is for Sobx only:

Dont waste your time quoting my comment, Ive stop reading your answer awhile back. Im tired of seeing your quote in my notification.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

The engi rifle auto does feel laggy. I completly drop rifle till they change the auto. Either with the 3x burst or hipshot. The one we have now is the worst it ever was.

Not really, I keep playing rifle and it's fine. The pre-change 3round spamage aa was ridiculous, glad it got changed.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Not really, I keep playing rifle and it's fine. The pre-change 3round spamage aa was ridiculous, glad it got changed.

Animation? Almost (speeding it up a little would be appropriate). Damage? No.

They should buff the dps up to the value they actually told us it will have in the patch notes. Also it desperately needs to deal more damage in PvP. That this skill is outperformed by the power damage portion of the elixir gun auto attack is embarrassing. And it deals less damage than hipshot before the rework in PvP.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

This section is for Sobx only:

Dont waste your time quoting my comment, Ive stop reading your answer awhile back. Im tired of seeing your quote in my notification.

I agree about the 3x burst is better, but dont tell me hipshot is better than the one we have now. Hipshot is horrible, thanks god we dont have this anymore.

If anet someday change the animation to the old hipshot, i think i will ask for a refund on my legendary rifle skins HAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by Nakasz.5471
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nakasz.5471 said:

I agree about the 3x burst is better, but dont tell me hipshot is better than the one we have now. Hipshot is horrible, thanks god we dont have this anymore.

If anet someday change the animation to the old hipshot, i think i will ask for a refund on my legendary rifle skins HAHAHAHAHAHA

Dont get me wrong hipshot was bad. But this 2x weird thing is awefull, worst than hipshot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 Round Burst is undertuned in PvP/WvW. Anet overcorrected on this.

The mech nerfs and deletion of quickness from scrapper were sufficient to tone it down. Doing both AND making 2 round burst weaker than hipshot was the definition of overkill. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1