Hackers everywhere

WannaB.8107

Had a few accounts of this mainly on our current matchup against TC/AR on NA. all these accounts are against TC which is linked with AR currently. One being people under maps contesting camps. seen it a few times. The other though and by far the most blatant one is i kill someone and i literally turn around and all of a sudden im getting attacked again. well guess what, same dude. kill it again then sit there and watch and then boom they are there again attacking me like 5 sec later. I can get Vid or screenshots cause they are very much not trying to hide it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 12
  • Sad 1

I can confirm this and have footage of him both being under the map at Titans Paw and Garrison on GOM/SOS borderland. He has been doing this for the past 4 hours and we can't capture any camps due to him being there. Garrison is nearly tapped all the time bc he sits under the keep and taps lord .

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

He is there right NOW. It is a Tarnished Coast player who is permanently invisible and above the map at The Titanpaw. You can see the flight path of his projectiles. He was also at our Gate of Madness Garrison. He is playing Dragonhunter as he hits with Puncture Shot, True Shot, Fragments of Faith, Dragon's Maw. Test of Faith, Procession of Blades, Spear of Justice and Hunter's Ward. Many have reported him over the last few days.

Edited by Codex.3268
Added that he was there now.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, WannaB.8107 said:

Had a few accounts of this mainly on our current matchup against TC/AR on NA. all these accounts are against TC which is linked with AR currently. One being people under maps contesting camps. seen it a few times. The other though and by far the most blatant one is i kill someone and i literally turn around and all of a sudden im getting attacked again. well guess what, same dude. kill it again then sit there and watch and then boom they are there again attacking me like 5 sec later. I can get Vid or screenshots cause they are very much not trying to hide it. 

We have seen entire squad's of people doing strange things like that.  If we see it, we just move on to more content with honest players, Anet doesn't care.  They're only worried about nerfed the FB every month LOL

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Codex.3268 said:

He is there right NOW. It is a Tarnished Coast player who is permanently invisible and above the map at The Titanpaw. You can see the flight path of his projectiles. He was also at our Gate of Madness Garrison. He is playing Dragonhunter as he hits with Puncture Shot, True Shot, Fragments of Faith, Dragon's Maw. Test of Faith, Procession of Blades, Spear of Justice and Hunter's Ward. Many have reported him over the last few days.

I remember seeing a permanent stealth Dragon Hunter in wvw a few weeks ago. He was porting inside our keeps and dropping traps on afk people lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pengu.7481 said:

its not necessarily hacks, u can get under the map in a legitimate way. im not gonna specify how since everyone and their mom will abuse it to be just as pathetic as the guy mentioned in the above comments. 

Well, if you know how to do it legit, send a video of it to ANet so they can fix the issue (if you have not already done so).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pengu.7481 said:

its not necessarily hacks, u can get under the map in a legitimate way. im not gonna specify how since everyone and their mom will abuse it to be just as pathetic as the guy mentioned in the above comments. 

This guy is definitely hacking because he is able to move very quickly between places on the map. He moved from NEC to NC on our home borderland faster than we could use the waypoint and run straight up.

• Like 3

The Tarnished Coast hacker is currently contesting camps and killing players on the Gates of Madness boarderland at this very moment. Can't target him to kill him, but you can read your combat log to see it is a Bronze TC Dragonhunter.

This is now day three of this. Doesn't Anet have the capability to jump on there and swat this fly?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gerwalk.1320 said:

The Tarnished Coast hacker is currently contesting camps and killing players on the Gates of Madness borderland at this very moment. Can't target him to kill him, but you can read your combat log to see it is a Bronze TC Dragonhunter.

This is now day three of this. Doesn't Anet have the capability to jump on there and swat this fly?

I understand the frustration and don't want to play bad cop, but...Record with video with time stamps actions occurring and submit. Now let me expand. While whatever was occurring was going down on one match up there were 'x' more of those going on both in EU & NA at the same across 9 tiers. So without detail how would they know where to look to get the issue, hence the report feature. You have to consider there are billons of data points being created while in combat across timezones is occurring and if you assume they have that many of GMs to watch everywhere across all of them then we would end up with a pricy subscription to pay for all those resources. So what may seem obvious to us may remain hidden to them without details to narrow down that search.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I understand the frustration and don't want to play bad cop, but...Record with video with time stamps actions occurring and submit. Now let me expand. While whatever was occurring was going down on one match up there were 'x' more of those going on both in EU & NA at the same across 9 tiers. So without detail how would they know where to look to get the issue, hence the report feature. You have to consider there are billons of data points being created while in combat across timezones is occurring and if you assume they have that many of GMs to watch everywhere across all of them then we would end up with a pricy subscription to pay for all those resources. So what may seem obvious to us may remain hidden to them without details to narrow down that search.

Yes, of course it has been recorded and reported many times over since this started, and still is.

• Like 2

Anet has been told a few times that when you break gates in DBL in a golem and stand right in front of it.
The gate breaks and you fall under the ground into water.
I don't believe a fix has been applied for this as i still see this happen and only way around is to stay on the sides of the gates.
Others getting underwater could be hacking or found other bug in the map similar to above which Anet has yet to fix.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

This player has been reported by a large number of players. This is not for lack of reporting, it's for lack of dealing with those reports.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gerwalk.1320 said:

Yes, of course it has been recorded and reported many times over since this started, and still is.

And what's the number of other issues reported at the same time? And how many resources do they have assigned? And how many data points do they need to go thru to ID a pattern? Did they have GMs onsite at the time? Its easy to assume a big brother thought pattern but in business its not likely. What players see, ANet may not. Give them info and then time to filter thru millions of data points that might have been collected. So odds of a resolution in a week is low. Report the issue and give them time to do their job even while you should assume you will not get feedback since that is the policy in place.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

And what's the number of other issues reported at the same time? And how many resources do they have assigned? And how many data points do they need to go thru to ID a pattern? Did they have GMs onsite at the time? Its easy to assume a big brother thought pattern but in business its not likely. What players see, ANet may not. Give them info and then time to filter thru millions of data points that might have been collected. So odds of a resolution in a week is low. Report the issue and give them time to do their job even while you should assume you will not get feedback since that is the policy in place.

The thing is.... i submitted alot of videos of hackers, with timestamps, usernames, server, yada yada.... 

However... the guy is still playing WvW, doing the same stuff, altho this specific clip is over a year old and i submitted it to anet....

What else does anet want me to do!? i ingame reported, i send a video with all the requested informations, the support even send me a nice automatically generated message that they are looking into it.....  Guess who is still online doing the exact same thing!

The support/report system IS NOT WORKING. I tried everything... this dude is still here.... teleporting...  being a enormous noob xD

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Thank you for the powerpoint presentations, but you could have simply said that Anet does in fact lack the ability to handle hackers in any kind of efficient manner lol

• Like 1

The best thing to do is use the report a player function on the support  area of  the ANET website accessed at the top of the forums page. Submit a ticket with all your evidence and user names if you can. 

Quick note: You will not see the player instantly banned. ANET looks into the incident and it will take time to resolve it. You will also NEVER be told what was done - they tell you that in the auto response. Any fixes will not be published either. So please report. 

NEVER post how a hack or exploit is done on the forums, btw.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, mysticozzy.3589 said:

saw this today someone from BG was under the north camp in BL spamming laugh and killing whoever came through. when bored they teleported to garri and sat under that killing NPC's in lords room 

DO SOMETHING ANET make a death wall under the map or in the so called water thats there 

This is still happening as of now.