(UPDATED) February 14 WvW Rewards Update

Rubi Bayer.8493

1 minute ago, Kelnath.9631 said:

Why? Is there any reasoning to not? What is your alternative as an incentive for them to throw more balance at WvW?

Wvw player base probably was 3x as big in the past, and how much attention did they give to wvw compared to pve?

Throw more balance, lol, they balance to whatever their current favorite is, or whatever their boon ball friend slips them a note on, everything else can take a hike, that all doesn't matter on how many are playing.

The only interest they have is selling expansions, and to do that for wvw they called us the "cornerstone" and dragged us along for near 2 years with alliance betas, but dropped the bonus events they ran monthly leading up to the expansion release. For wvw they want us to transfer as much as possible cause gems, they don't actually care about population balance right now. They even admitted the reward changes we have right now, are side projects for whenever they have time away from main stuff, otherwise ain't nobody got time for that.

Higher population in wvw is not an incentive for anet, wvw is just an annoyance to deal with for them.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

the reward update definitely made me to be more active in wvw. they also said they are going to make more changes. you don't even need to spend a lot of time to get rewarded for repairing and then you jump back into the fight. so I think the only players who are complaining now are the ones who only like the offensive gameplay.

Edited by Chaos God.1639
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaos God.1639 said:

the reward update definitely made me to be more active in wvw. they also said they are going to make more changes. you don't even need to spend a lot of time to get rewarded for repairing and then you jump back into the fight. so I think the only players who are complaining now are the ones who only like the offensive gameplay.

The people complaining are the people with some perspective i.e. not repping walls at SMC like wall bots for $$$ and cheap hookers. There's far too much emphasis on Stonemist currently.

Go defend something on your home borderland and tell me how rewarding that is in comparison.

Note, I'm not complaining that rewards are at least in place, I think it's a welcome step forward. What I'm not happy with is how badly balanced they are.

Let's see what changes they bring soon since the entire scaling reward system released more broken than a plate at a Greek Taverna.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 2/25/2023 at 8:11 PM, MarzAttakz.9608 said:

The people complaining are the people with some perspective i.e. not repping walls at SMC like wall bots for $$$ and cheap hookers. There's far too much emphasis on Stonemist currently.

Go defend something on your home borderland and tell me how rewarding that is in comparison.

Note, I'm not complaining that rewards are at least in place, I think it's a welcome step forward. What I'm not happy with is how badly balanced they are.

Let's see what changes they bring soon since the entire scaling reward system released more broken than a plate at a Greek Taverna.

The lack of transparency is the issue so we can't give good feedback without detail. So off EBG, saw where taking a T0 keep on HBL killing no players paid more than defending a T3 keep on HBL while killing 10+. Its more like its random. I agree lack of detail prevents people from gaming the system but adds more mis-information. Not seeing where repairing adds more or less personally but that's usually not the only actions that's occurring at the time. 

• Like 1

• Adjusted the rewards granted by Objective Scaling Rewards.

So, that's what they say in the patch notes. What does it mean? What changed about the rewards? How does it work now? Do you guys always have to figure stuff out for yourselves when it comes to WvW?

Edited by dXfile.2863
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dXfile.2863 said:
  • Adjusted the rewards granted by Objective Scaling Rewards.

So, that's what they say in the patch notes. What does it mean? What changed about the rewards? How does it work now? Do you guys always have to figure stuff out for yourselves when it comes to WvW?

The only real out of whack part of scaling rewards was wall repair in smc giving you the most rewards.

Just have to see if dumping 25 supply into the smc wall has changed the defend event reward or not. Or if the other defend events have been increased in other t3 objectives to match it.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 2

Today I would like to bring my consideration / reasoning related to this long-awaited update of the rewards. I play in EU and therefore I speak only for what I see in EU. So leaving aside T5 ( where I'm playing ) which hosts the 3 servers without links as being currently treated differently from all the others do not even deserve to be considered in terms of statistics or numbers or comparisons with all the others.

It might be a bit early to tell, but reading the K+D flow numbers rather than the war score, it seems to me that from T1 to T4 there are very competitive matches. All the numbers come close, at least that's the impression when reading the numbers from the outside.

Updating the rewards has probably given away a few more players than before, and certainly made the players more attentive and more active to play the mode. each one in his own way and for his own personal goals. But in any case it translated with more activity of the player.

This leads me to consider that more activity helps in terms of more balance. even when the numbers of available players are far between the various servers.

From an analytical point of view, so we should advise Anet to eliminate T5 in Europe, bringing more activity in the other 4 games. This would help what we call '' balance between servers '' with the consequence of making the matches more interesting for everyone, therefore more fun for everyone.

The unpleasant consequence could manifest itself with the waiting times in the queue (maybe) and here it would be necessary to reason together how to use or make the EOTM map relive in an engaging and fun way. Also because it is already there, it was born precisely for this, and perhaps it is the right time to find a way to use it intelligently.

In a nutshell, from the point of view of balance it is better to overload all the servers at the expense of T5 (honestly useless already now because it is something completely different from everything else, for which I will never find a justification with all the good will to look for one) and think of an intelligent way to manage any queues.

P.S. regarding rewards, defense, attack, t0, t3, gold silver bronze, I have nothing interesting to say, because honestly I do not care in the most absolute way. I'm glad that many other players are interested. But my fun in WWW is something else. But as I have already said, mine is a sick mind.😎

Edited by Mabi black.1824

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Widebody.5071 said:

The bugs where they nerfed defence?

Defense is a continual nerf. More on why killing attackers is actually not defined as defense. Again it seems like there were bugs hidden behind repairing. Don't actually care about the rewards but more the logic and to better understand the what/why/where so we can watch for potential bugs when they release the attack side of things.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Defense is a continual nerf. More on why killing attackers is actually not defined as defense. Again it seems like there were bugs hidden behind repairing. Don't actually care about the rewards but more the logic and to better understand the what/why/where so we can watch for potential bugs when they release the attack side of things.

Thanks.