Grandmaster Mark Shards

Sleepwalker.1398

It is not meant to be your next farm spot, the best use is for the PVP armor skins and WvW skins you cannot get anywhere else.

Mistforged exotic does not use the marks but mistforged obsidian ascended and mist lord skins do. Maybe Arenanet will finally add a collection for those.

The 250 memories of battle make nearly all options a net loss by the way.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/19/2023 at 7:40 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

You could buy ascended then salvage for research papers for those EoD things too.  You'd probably have to reforge the item first to make it count as crafted.

I don't recommend doing this as the cost in spirit shards for the reforging is worth more than the items you get from salvaging it. 

1 hour ago, Draygo.9473 said:

I don't recommend doing this as the cost in spirit shards for the reforging is worth more than the items you get from salvaging it. 

Yea well as Xenesis points out, you lose gold anyway from breaking down ascended gear.  So might as well get something from it like new skins or jade bot things that require research papers (The Soo-Won skin comes out next week).  And what WvW player doesn't have a ton of spirit shards piled up from all the Tomes of Knowledge that drop?

Even at a terrible conversion rate of 12 silver a shard, its still way more profitable to do mat conversion with your spirit shards than reforging an ascended to research it.

Personally I get over 2g per spirit shard so its just an awful conversion for me. 

I would support some sort of conversion/gobbler for the grandmaster shards/marks and for skirmish tickets, right now there just isn't any good options. (Maybe Skirmish tickets can be converted to memories of battle?). 

Edited by Draygo.9473
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Draygo.9473 said:

Even at a terrible conversion rate of 12 silver a shard, its still way more profitable to do mat conversion with your spirit shards than reforging an ascended to research it.

That makes sense.

I wish there was something else for the grandmaster mark shards too.  I've got them piling up as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

They're pretty trash.

Stupidly enough, the best use of them is buying fractal ascended weapons if you don't know what to do with fractal relics.  This is like a terrible option for most that will read this and I have not actually done that, but I would if the situation arises.... eventually.

Oh, maybe pvp too but I don't do that.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

• 2 weeks later...