Allow Us To Purchase WxP in the Gemstore.

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

@Seera.5916 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:JL -- I can't tell if you're posting this seriously or having a little joke. (If I had to take a wager, I'd call the latter, honestly.)

Can you maybe give us a little insight on what motivated your post? 'Cause right now, I'm looking at this with question marks in the sky. :dizzy:

It just seems like we can buy so many things in the gemstore, im not sure why not this. The rewards you get from wxp are comparable to the rewards from raiding, and you're allowed to buy raid runs to get all the achieves and legendary armor by buying them from other players.

A lot of the masteries enhance wvw gameplay, this is similar to unlocking all the waypoints in pve which you can already do in the gemstore. So i figured why not have it help you unlock the wvw masteries or help you to get the rewards you want faster. (similar to unlocking pve waypoints).

in addition we can already buy heroic boosters which if you play wvw with them on, is essentially granting free levels and we can already purchase them on the gemstore so why not levels outright?

we are also able to purchase lvl 80 boosts in pve, which is essentially the same thing as this. Lots of other mmos offer similar things which grant free levels or quests to be completed by paying in the online store.

Buying raids is paying someone else to run the raid for you while you do no help at all. Buying WxP with gems does not pay someone else in game the ability to earn your WxP for you.

WvW masteries are not like waypoints. WvW masteries show that a player has put forth some combination of time playing and effort to learn WvW. Waypoints do not show any kind of mastery of open world PvE. It takes no time at all to run around and unlock them all and it doesn't take any skill to do so.

Heroic boosters increase the rate at which you earn WxP, doesn't make it go away. Your idea makes it go away.

I personally think the level 80 boosters should be items purchased in game in Level 80 areas. That way a player has to level up at least one character to level 80 before they use it or be really skilled enough to run a level 2 player to that area. Just because they offer one bad way for new players to bypass learning a game mode, doesn't mean I should be for another one being added.

He does have a point tho.. ANET allow players to reap rewards on the back of someone else doing raids, dungeons etc for them and then selling spots for the end loot.. so yeah although I want no part of a game that provides a P2W gemstore, I have always advocated the need to stop the P2W grouping policy that ANET have legitimised thus creating a double standard.. just because they "group".

Sorry that is such a failmode excuse in fact I would have more respect for ANET if they were up front and placed a gemstore feature to do the same thing cos at least the game might make some coin to place back into developing stuff.. instead they allow players to utilise in game currencies to cheat progression and accumulate more loot in the process.

But regards WxP.. OP it's taking players a long time to get to where they are today, by actually playing it having an easywin P2W feature kinda devalues everything we all do in there and have done in there since day 1... so NO!

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Seera.5916 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:JL -- I can't tell if you're posting this seriously or having a little joke. (If I had to take a wager, I'd call the latter, honestly.)

Can you maybe give us a little insight on what motivated your post? 'Cause right now, I'm looking at this with question marks in the sky. :dizzy:

It just seems like we can buy so many things in the gemstore, im not sure why not this. The rewards you get from wxp are comparable to the rewards from raiding, and you're allowed to buy raid runs to get all the achieves and legendary armor by buying them from other players.

A lot of the masteries enhance wvw gameplay, this is similar to unlocking all the waypoints in pve which you can already do in the gemstore. So i figured why not have it help you unlock the wvw masteries or help you to get the rewards you want faster. (similar to unlocking pve waypoints).

in addition we can already buy heroic boosters which if you play wvw with them on, is essentially granting free levels and we can already purchase them on the gemstore so why not levels outright?

we are also able to purchase lvl 80 boosts in pve, which is essentially the same thing as this. Lots of other mmos offer similar things which grant free levels or quests to be completed by paying in the online store.

Buying raids is paying someone else to run the raid for you while you do no help at all. Buying WxP with gems does not pay someone else in game the ability to earn your WxP for you.

WvW masteries are not like waypoints. WvW masteries show that a player has put forth some combination of time playing and effort to learn WvW. Waypoints do not show any kind of mastery of open world PvE. It takes no time at all to run around and unlock them all and it doesn't take any skill to do so.

Heroic boosters increase the rate at which you earn WxP, doesn't make it go away. Your idea makes it go away.

I personally think the level 80 boosters should be items purchased in game in Level 80 areas. That way a player has to level up at least one character to level 80 before they use it or be really skilled enough to run a level 2 player to that area. Just because they offer one bad way for new players to bypass learning a game mode, doesn't mean I should be for another one being added.

He does have a point tho.. ANET allow players to reap rewards on the back of someone else doing raids, dungeons etc for them and then selling spots for the end loot.. so yeah although I want no part of a game that provides a P2W gemstore, I have always advocated the need to stop the P2W grouping policy that ANET have legitimised thus creating a double standard.. just because they "group".

Sorry that is such a failmode excuse in fact I would have more respect for ANET if they were up front and placed a gemstore feature to do the same thing cos at least the game might make some coin to place back into developing stuff.. instead they allow players to utilise in game currencies to cheat progression and accumulate more loot in the process.

But regards WxP.. OP it's taking players a long time to get to where they are today, by actually playing it having an easywin P2W feature kinda devalues everything we all do in there and have done in there since day 1... so NO!

Because all those guardians for the last 5 years till the loot stick was nerfed were all playing super hard, rotating stab, protection, properly blasting fields and empowering properly right? Not one player in a Zerg just ran around pressing 1 reaping the rewards of everyone else that was actually contributing to winning the fights.

I agree the OP is a troll and agree that WXP being bought shouldn’t be a thing but you are very wrong saying people cannot get loads of stuff off the backs of someone else in WvW. Heck we even have the participation share for scouts to sit there and have their lunch, running round the keep every 50 mins to refresh siege.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:JL -- I can't tell if you're posting this seriously or having a little joke. (If I had to take a wager, I'd call the latter, honestly.)

Do the dollar signs in your eyes blurr your vision of spotting a troll ?

WxP from the gemstore no,

But

Anet should add that in WvW you can use Essence of Luck to invest into a track that allows you to gain more WxP as you increase it just like how MF did.

There are people who used a WxP farm in the old OS map to get 1000's of levels before anet removed the rewards in there, we should have other ways to get WxP but only via playing WvW.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:JL -- I can't tell if you're posting this seriously or having a little joke. (If I had to take a wager, I'd call the latter, honestly.)

Majority of these user's posts are jokes, to me.

This is definitely one of them.

Just bring back the laurel leveling items if people are looking for quick WvW levels, make sure not to include it in the population math if a user uses a potion from the vendor. ;)

• ArenaNet Staff

Guys,

Let me explain why I posted in this thread: I did not respond because I thought there was profit to be made. That was the least of my considerations. I responded because the idea seemed so ludicrous that I wanted to ask if it was serious and yes, given certain incidents in the past, I wanted to ask the question and make a visible presence noted. It's interesting that quite a few people are discussing the idea as if it were serious. Apparently they, too, are unsure whether it's a serious suggestion or not.

A few of you leapt to the assumption I had evil intentions, and a few made rather insulting comments. Don't do that -- it's rude. Look at this straight: the question was exactly what it seems -- a "what the heck?" -- without any hidden agenda or profit motive of any sort. Having said that, I'll close the thread, as after further input from others I seem to have an answer to the question.

Archived