Daybreak speculations!

Michram.6853

I feel like there's more going on then what everyone (Gods/NPCs) are saying. And I believe if we go back and look at things differently we might find where this story may lead. These ideas are just that, ideas.

My speculation is that Lyssa knows something the other gods may not know. We know the gods are not omnipotent and total omniscient. So, here are my thoughts/speculation. When the Six arrived it appears that they did not know about the Elder Dragons or their wake cycles. Abaddon wanted to let Tyrian magic flow freely. (I don't remember the gods releasing/giving their magic) This caused chaos and Doric wanted them to take back the magic. The Five agreed and contained it. Abaddon is angered because I believe that maybe the humans hadn't been disciplined enough to use magic. (Act with magic, act within reason, act without mercy.) In addition, his godly 'siblings' undid what he might thought was a gift.

Since Abaddon was/is the God of Knowledge, Secrets and Water he sought out knowledge. He did not inherently know everything. But when searching he found knowledge and kept some or most of it secret. When he was imprisoned he still had ways of influencing Tyria as we saw. However, the other gods didn't either expect this or knew this was possible. Again, I'll attribute this to the knowledge he had. I feel like while he was imprisoned he found out about the Elder Dragons. (This is a big speculation I know.) I feel like as he was working on his freedom one of his subject found a sleeping Elder Dragon. Heroes from GW1 defeat him and Kormir and Lyssa split his power. I believe that his 'water' power has either corrupted Lyssa or made her see things she never knew. Which might explain some of her supposed actions according to Kormir.

There is something that I find interesting though. The gods are very picky when it comes to 'god' magic. As I said earlier I don't remember them sharing their magic to their human followers. They only released Tyria's magic. Does that mean that their devout minions (followers) only use Tyrian magic? And when Balthazar wanted to fight they stripped him of his divine magic. Maybe they felt he would lose alone and didn't want his power digested. I feel the gods are afraid of the unknown and don't want to take a chance. According to Oloko they're searching for a new world without threats. But how will they know that world doesn't have threats? They didn't do a good job with Tyria and who knows what happened before than. It seems like they like to run after they make mistakes. And unfortunately the humans who follow them can't do the same.

Daybreak Speculation: I personally don't believe Rytlock and to an extent Kormir. I find them both unreliable. We travel south come across Corsairs (maybe a descendant of Magrid the Sly) and see what's become of Kourna. Turai's Procession is changed to Joko Rise or something. And Jahai Bluffs is a jail/slave camp for those who resist Joko. We might come across some centaurs who are following Zhed's path. Aurene goes a little insane after she digested whatever magic Balthazar had and because of the death of Vlast. Eventually she snaps out of it but after she goes on a rampage. We learn that Istan is going through an internal conflict. The Council of Elders are manipulated by Joko and the civilians are starting to see this and want a change. They also heard about Vabbi and Kralka. Also, we might meet a Canthan somewhere in Kamadan.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DarcShriek.5829 said:Why can't the gods bless 5 individuals like they did with Kormir so that they can absorb the dragon's magic. 1 from each race plus Aurene should do the trick.

The God's blessing had to do with divine magic. We have no way of knowing that this would work at all with dragon Magic.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:I highly doubt the map image is a single file, it's probably some form of mipmap given that it doesn't pixelate when zoomed, and probably isn't even a single image, but likely a collection of images. I could be wrong of course.

Given how it can load up in the API, I would suspect you're right in that it is multiple squares and not a single file.

My points, however, do remain. So far they've only shown us square world maps, and when they had the chance they chose to expand PvE's world map rather than make a second. Should this be due to necessity and not choice, going to Cantha has a massive obstacle: map size.

It might seem silly, but... sometimes technical limitations
are
silly.

The world map, as of the new patch, is not square.

@gmugen.9382 said:I feel like there's more going on then what everyone (Gods/NPCs) are saying. And I believe if we go back and look at things differently we might find where this story may lead. These ideas are just that, ideas.

My speculation is that Lyssa knows something the other gods may not know. We know the gods are not omnipotent and total omniscient. So, here are my thoughts/speculation. When the Six arrived it appears that they did not know about the Elder Dragons or their wake cycles. Abaddon wanted to let Tyrian magic flow freely. (I don't remember the gods releasing/giving their magic) This caused chaos and Doric wanted them to take back the magic. The Five agreed and contained it. Abaddon is angered because I believe that maybe the humans hadn't been disciplined enough to use magic. (Act with magic, act within reason, act without mercy.) In addition, his godly 'siblings' undid what he might thought was a gift.

Since Abaddon was/is the God of Knowledge, Secrets and Water he sought out knowledge. He did not inherently know everything. But when searching he found knowledge and kept some or most of it secret. When he was imprisoned he still had ways of influencing Tyria as we saw. However, the other gods didn't either expect this or knew this was possible. Again, I'll attribute this to the knowledge he had. I feel like while he was imprisoned he found out about the Elder Dragons. (This is a big speculation I know.) I feel like as he was working on his freedom one of his subject found a sleeping Elder Dragon. Heroes from GW1 defeat him and Kormir and Lyssa split his power. I believe that his 'water' power has either corrupted Lyssa or made her see things she never knew. Which might explain some of her supposed actions according to Kormir.

There is something that I find interesting though. The gods are very picky when it comes to 'god' magic. As I said earlier I don't remember them sharing their magic to their human followers. They only released Tyria's magic. Does that mean that their devout minions (followers) only use Tyrian magic? And when Balthazar wanted to fight they stripped him of his divine magic. Maybe they felt he would lose alone and didn't want his power digested. I feel the gods are afraid of the unknown and don't want to take a chance. According to Oloko they're searching for a new world without threats. But how will they know that world doesn't have threats? They didn't do a good job with Tyria and who knows what happened before than. It seems like they like to run after they make mistakes. And unfortunately the humans who follow them can't do the same.

Daybreak Speculation: I personally don't believe Rytlock and to an extent Kormir. I find them both unreliable. We travel south come across Corsairs (maybe a descendant of Magrid the Sly) and see what's become of Kourna. Turai's Procession is changed to Joko Rise or something. And Jahai Bluffs is a jail/slave camp for those who resist Joko. We might come across some centaurs who are following Zhed's path. Aurene goes a little insane after she digested whatever magic Balthazar had and because of the death of Vlast. Eventually she snaps out of it but after she goes on a rampage. We learn that Istan is going through an internal conflict. The Council of Elders are manipulated by Joko and the civilians are starting to see this and want a change. They also heard about Vabbi and Kralka. Also, we might meet a Canthan somewhere in Kamadan.

Two issues with your speculation:

First, the gods definitely did know about the dragons before Abaddon's banishment, or at least before the Exodus. Most of what the Priory knows comes from a (damaged) scroll that the gods left behind.

Second, the gods knew that Abaddon could influence Tyria, as long as anybody on Tyria remembered Abaddon. That's why they did their best to make him forgotten.

@Amanda Whitemoon.6173 said:Was it just me not noticing before but when i battled the jailer with that scythe, (when taimi keeps talking that she is in danger) it looked like balthazar, using alot of fire magic, but after i killed her she reverted back to awakened state, what was that all about?

She uses something what looks like some god stances, besides Balthazar I noticed also Grenth's

@"Amanda Whitemoon.6173" said:Was it just me not noticing before but when i battled the jailer with that scythe, (when taimi keeps talking that she is in danger) it looked like balthazar, using alot of fire magic, but after i killed her she reverted back to awakened state, what was that all about?

She's adervish from GW1 and as such was using dervish avatar skills. Avatar of Grenth & Avatar of Balthazar

which on a only somewhat related note really aggravates me that they didn't add scythe and spear as new weapons. :angry:

@nighthawke.3075 said:

@"Amanda Whitemoon.6173" said:Was it just me not noticing before but when i battled the jailer with that scythe, (when taimi keeps talking that she is in danger) it looked like balthazar, using alot of fire magic, but after i killed her she reverted back to awakened state, what was that all about?

She's adervish from GW1 and as such was using dervish avatar skills.
&

which on a only somewhat related note really aggravates me that they didn't add scythe and spear as new weapons. :angry:

Given that there are now a handful of scythe animations, we may see scythe as a new elite spec weapon for the next expansion. Possibly even land spears too, despite the lore of Joko banning them (which makes their use in Istan among our enemies weird to me).

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@nighthawke.3075 said:

She's adervish from GW1 and as such was using dervish avatar skills.
&

Given that there are now a handful of scythe animations, we may see scythe as a new elite spec weapon for the next expansion. Possibly even land spears too, despite the lore of Joko banning them (which makes their use in Istan among our enemies weird to me).

Could be a case of "banned, unless you're someone who's loyalty is beyond doubt".

Or Istan had different rules than the mainland.

Or whoever put them in forgot that little detail...

Kind of wondering if Aurene will become her own mount, especially for players who are unlucky (such as myself) to farm enough gold in order to get the griffon. In popping onto an alt, I noticed and I'm sure I'm not the only one, Angst Aurene is the same size of the Griffon mount. Just a shame as it seems players will have a long way to wait (season finale). I just hope Arenanet doesn't decide to make Aurene a skin purchasable on the market place for real money. D: Only downside if they do plan on making her a mount, is that players might be waiting until the finale.

Archived