Daybreak speculations!

Michram.6853

Rytlok: "We only handed an elder dragon the energy of an god."???Balthaddon is no god or did I miss something?

Kormir told us that the five stripped Balthaddon of his power, his claim and title.

So Balthaddon consumed Bloodstonemagic and Elderdragonmagic this has given him god status again?

Is being a god just a dragonball z thing? if you reach a magic level of 9000! even a Mosquito can become a god?

And if Balthaddon was a god why were we not blinded?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The music of this trailer tell the story itself, at least that's how I feel that.

The whole end is so sad... Aurene goes to smash the branded thingy, and then we hear this sad music... Who's going to die? I don't think Aurene, but heh if I can base on the music, certainly somebody will die...

This moment makes me cry (1:17), really... That's why I love this trailer, it didn't make me hyped, it didn't make me excited, but I was so sad after watching that... It's so different from Season 3 ones, that just had the epic music, the music of this one has the soul... So beautiful.

For Aurene being good or evil. She was never destined to contain the powers of one of the gods. This is a bit of free interpetation. But we know Abbadon is gone and replaced by Kormir. Abaddon was the god of knowledge and wisdom and used it for evil. Kormir consumed the power and used it for good. Balthazar was the God of Battle, Fire and conflict. When Aurene has absorped that, I do wonder what she will do with it. She is very young and impulsive.

@Nogothanc.5014 said:Rytlok: "We only handed an elder dragon the energy of an god."???Balthaddon is no god or did I miss something?

Kormir told us that the five stripped Balthaddon of his power, his claim and title.

So Balthaddon consumed Bloodstonemagic and Elderdragonmagic this has given him god status again?

Is being a god just a dragonball z thing? if you reach a magic level of 9000! even a Mosquito can become a god?

I'm just going to go ahead and say Rytlock is wrong. Like he nearly always is. I'll take what Kormir says over what he says. Balthazar was no longer a God, we know he physically could not have been because we were not blinded whilst he was in his original, 'base' form. Not concealed or shrouded like they were when they were walking Tyria.

He is also a character that is really starting to annoy me, totally unsympathetic, not 'badass' and 'cool' like ArenaNet want to portray him as, just generally an unpleasant person who causes more trouble than he's worth and yet somehow is never called out for it, whilst Logan gets all the flak when really it's nearly always Rytlock causing the problems.

Friendly reminder Balthazar was only freed from his prison because a bloody charr wanted a stolen human sword back. That's how stupid Rytlock is.

@Nogothanc.5014 said:Rytlok: "We only handed an elder dragon the energy of an god."???Balthaddon is no god or did I miss something?

I think Rytlock's quote here is either him simplifying things or not giving a kitten about semantics. Balthazar definitely doesn't have divine powers when we encounter him, he's just a very powerful entity.

@Bunny Is Cthulhu.7931 said:

I think Rytlock's quote here is either him simplifying things or not giving a kitten about semantics. Balthazar definitely doesn't have divine powers when we encounter him, he's just a very powerful entity.

If he had no divine power, how did he relight Sohothin while still in the mists, before he absorbed the bloodstone.

Because even when he isn't a god he is still an incredibly powerful magical being.

The Gods learnt from their mistake of imprisoning one of their own whilst he still had Divine power (Abaddon), and so stripped that from Balthazar. Because they are more than capable of imprisoning a non-divine magical being, however powerful.

He relit Sohothin before absorbing any powers, so he couldn't be totally stripped of powers. He have no idea what Kormir meant when she said he was stripped of his powers, because obviously he still had some even while chained in the mists.

@ThatOddOne.4387 said:Blow up the world.

The Gods were right all along.

But no, the new Kormir line just makes Balthazar's 180 even worse. If the Six foresaw there could be no victory, what, was Balthazar not one of the Six then?

I think that's supposed to be the point of contention between Balthazar and the rest of the Six. They did realize it, and Balthazar didn't care.

It marks Balthazar's fall from grace as preceding the dispute with the other gods, while that dispute with the other gods over the Elder Dragons being why he was no longer a god.

Alternatively, his fall from grace was his imprisonment period, and he thought that they would be able to both win and save Tyria. However, giving his "I AM CONFLICT!" shouting match shown by Kormir, this is highly unlikely.

Hopefully the raid will tell us something about Balthazar's fall from grace and explain the extreme difference in personality. Sadly it'd be a bit too late by this point but better late than never?

You're not wrong, and it did not give him god status again. This is just characters being an unreliable narrator. Not everything that everyone says is the truth, the full truth, and nothing but the truth. That's one of the things that makes GW story more believable than other games where you're so used to everyone speaking the truth except when intentionally deceiving the player/player character.

Balthazar was just a former god, arguably on the level of a demigod. Devs outright stated that he was not on the same level he was as the god of war.

Rytlock - and other NPCs - likely won't care about the distinction of "former godhood" since the point in this particular line is "Kralkatorrik absorbed a shit ton of magic on Balthazar's death".

@mercury ranique.2170 said:For Aurene being good or evil. She was never destined to contain the powers of one of the gods. This is a bit of free interpetation. But we know Abbadon is gone and replaced by Kormir. Abaddon was the god of knowledge and wisdom and used it for evil. Kormir consumed the power and used it for good. Balthazar was the God of Battle, Fire and conflict. When Aurene has absorped that, I do wonder what she will do with it. She is very young and impulsive.

Aurene and Kralkatorrik didn't absorb a god's power. They absorbed a Bloodstone, Primordus, and Jormag power - which would technically also include a bit of Zhaitan and Mordremoth. Though Aurene already had Mordremoth magic in her from the end of HoT, and Kralkatorrik likely had both Mordremoth and Zhaitan in him already.

@DarcShriek.5829 said:

If he had no divine power, how did he relight Sohothin while still in the mists, before he absorbed the bloodstone.

Just because one lacks divine power doesn't mean he lacks all magic power.

And since we see him absorbing magic, it's possible he absorbed the sword's magic then returned it as a bargaining chip for Rytlock to free him.

@ThatOddOne.4387 said:Because even when he isn't a god he is still an incredibly powerful magical being.

The Gods learnt from their mistake of imprisoning one of their own whilst he still had Divine power (Abaddon), and so stripped that from Balthazar. Because they are more than capable of imprisoning a non-divine magical being, however powerful.

They couldn't strip Abaddon of his power despite destroying his body because they had no replacement for him. This implies they had a replacement for Balthazar - or found out how to put divine power in an object, though I find that less likely.

@ThatOddOne.4387 said:It certainly does imply that. I'm hoping we see the answer one day, and ArenaNet hasn't written the Gods off to get them out of the picture.

Ha Ha. The gods learned how to make their own bloodstones and put Balthazar's power in it. Some one will find it, break it open and become a new god that we have to deal with.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:You're not wrong, and it did not give him god status again. This is just characters being an unreliable narrator. Not everything that everyone says is the truth, the full truth, and nothing but the truth. That's one of the things that makes GW story more believable than other games where you're so used to everyone speaking the truth except when intentionally deceiving the player/player character.

Balthazar was just a former god, arguably on the level of a demigod. Devs outright stated that he was not on the same level he was as the god of war.

Rytlock - and other NPCs - likely won't care about the distinction of "former godhood" since the point in this particular line is "Kralkatorrik absorbed a kitten ton of magic on Balthazar's death".

While most characters except Taimi (and Rytlock in particular) probably wouldn't understand (or care about) the distinction between the different kinds of magic, it'd also be super dumb to intentionally put a line that misleading into a trailer - especially because the question of whether Kralkatorrik and Aurene have absorbed dragon energy or "god energy" is so important. This is probably a cock-up, rather than some masterstroke of writing on ANet's part.

@ThatOddOne.4387 said:

I'm just going to go ahead and say Rytlock is wrong. Like he nearly always is. I'll take what Kormir says over what he says. Balthazar was no longer a God, we know he physically could not have been because we were not blinded whilst he was in his original, 'base' form. Not concealed or shrouded like they were when they were walking Tyria.

He is also a character that is really starting to annoy me, totally unsympathetic, not 'kitten' and 'cool' like ArenaNet want to portray him as, just generally an unpleasant person who causes more trouble than he's worth and yet somehow is never called out for it, whilst Logan gets all the flak when really it's nearly always Rytlock causing the problems.

Friendly reminder Balthazar was only freed from his prison because a bloody charr wanted a stolen human sword back. That's how stupid Rytlock is.

This Charr wanted to end the Foefire with that sword. It was the reason he went to the Mists, and it was a pretty valid one.

@Tamias.7059 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:You're not wrong, and it did not give him god status again. This is just characters being an unreliable narrator. Not everything that everyone says is the truth, the full truth, and nothing but the truth. That's one of the things that makes GW story more believable than other games where you're so used to everyone speaking the truth except when intentionally deceiving the player/player character.

Rytlock - and other NPCs - likely won't care about the distinction of "former godhood" since the point in this particular line is "Kralkatorrik absorbed a kitten ton of magic on Balthazar's death".

While most characters except Taimi (and Rytlock in particular) probably wouldn't understand (or care about) the distinction between the different kinds of magic, it'd also be super kitten to intentionally put a line that misleading into a trailer - especially because the question of whether Kralkatorrik and Aurene have absorbed dragon energy or "god energy" is so important. This is probably a kitten-up, rather than some masterstroke of writing on ANet's part.

It's neither a masterstroke nor a fuck-up. You're just reading too much into a casual line.

They probably wanted to use some line about Kralkatorrik and Rytlock's was the best pre-recorded line for the trailer. They don't make unique lines for the LW trailers - heck, even the HoT and PoF trailers had lines that fit perfectly in the storylines' context, mind you some like Kormir's last line were scrapped from the final version.

In other words, we're taking this line from Rytlock out of context. For all we know when it is said, Taimi, the Commander, or Kasmeer goes "Uh, Rytlock, that wasn't god magic Kralkatorrik absorbed." And for all we know, it's just Rytlock not wanting to do what you are doing right now - split hairs over semantical arguments.

Also, I would greatly disagree that Rytlock would care about the distinction between different kinds of magic, given he is a charr (even an atypical one) - or were you saying that Rytlock in particular would not care? Your syntax might be confusing there, santax.

@Arden.7480 said:And Caudecus ate a lot of Bloodstone shards and didn't become the god, or perhaps I just missed something?

Bloodstones aren't god magic. They were created before the gods arrived. Humans go crazy when exposed to too much tyrian magic. But then like their gods, humans aren't from Tyria. Maybe Balthazar has gone a little crazy absorbing all that magic.

My whole S4 speculation. Kalka, after causing havoc in Kourna and Istan, aim (or is pushed) Chanta.in Exp3 Kalka will be defeat with the help Kuunavang and Aurene, one of them become and Elder. The process will fully awaken Steve.

If Aurene is a godness (Kormir quote), is the first dragon who have the power can corrupt gods.

@nihavel.6592 said:My whole S4 speculation. Kalka, after causing havoc in Kourna and Istan, aim (or is pushed) Chanta.in Exp3 Kalka will be defeat with the help Kuunavang and Aurene, one of them become and Elder. The process will fully awaken Steve.

If Aurene is a godness (Kormir quote), is the first dragon who have the power can corrupt gods.

I feel like this is a solid idea but primordus may work better, or some plot without the dragons

@DarcShriek.5829 said:

@Arden.7480 said:And Caudecus ate a lot of Bloodstone shards and didn't become the god, or perhaps I just missed something?

Bloodstones aren't god magic. They were created before the gods arrived. Humans go crazy when exposed to too much tyrian magic. But then like their gods, humans aren't from Tyria. Maybe Balthazar has gone a little crazy absorbing all that magic.

he was crazy even before he arrived on Tyria. ;) And I do know that this magic is not gods' magic.

@DarcShriek.5829 said:

I think the point Arden was trying to make was "having a shit ton of magic doesn't make a god" in response to "did Balthazar become a god again?" earlier.

Which would be accurate.

@nihavel.6592 said:My whole S4 speculation. Kalka, after causing havoc in Kourna and Istan, aim (or is pushed) Chanta.in Exp3 Kalka will be defeat with the help Kuunavang and Aurene, one of them become and Elder. The process will fully awaken Steve.

I don't think they'll take us to Cantha.

It seems they either want or are restricted to making PvE a single world map for some reason, hence why Elona is now on the same map as Tyria. If so, then expanding to Cantha would make the world map HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE since it has to be a square for texture mechanic reasons, and Cantha is very far away.

Aurene is not a goddess, not sure what quote you're getting that from.

@Athrenn.9468 said:Haven't they basically said that the fate of the world rests on Aurene's shoulders? Unless they really want Tyria to be destroyed in the end and move on to another world Aurene has some major plot armor. She's like the DM's chosen one NPC who just can't die no matter what because their whole plot relies on their survival. In this case, for the franchise to continue on Tyria.

Aurene dies, screen fades to black and text appears.

"Thank you for playing Guild Wars 2"

"Now go play New World by Amazon Game Studios" (whatever that is)

Or not...

@Dondarrion.2748 said:

@Athrenn.9468 said:Haven't they basically said that the fate of the world rests on Aurene's shoulders? Unless they really want Tyria to be destroyed in the end and move on to another world Aurene has some major plot armor. She's like the DM's chosen one NPC who just can't die no matter what because their whole plot relies on their survival. In this case, for the franchise to continue on Tyria.

Aurene dies, screen fades to black and text appears.

"Thank you for playing Guild Wars 2"

"Now go play New World by Amazon Game Studios" (whatever that is)

Or not...

That should be written in "the Departing" :D

Anyway death of Aurene doesn't necessary means the end of the world. We can always make another spear to kill Kralkatorrik, right?

Rytlock btw was right to not destroy the spear, we misinterpretted the presence of the Forged just near Glint's Lair, because we thought they wanted to find their way to the spear, but they only wanted to build the Balthazar's Beast and this place was full of the Kralkatorrik's shards and was far away from Kralkatorrik so Balthazar and his army could easily build this weapon. And while they were building, Balthazar just needed to catch one of the scions. So Balthazar didn't know about the Spear, so my theory about that somebody would betray us and tell Balthazar about the spear was wrong, nobody betrayed us, so he didn't know about Glint's spear. But I was right when I suspected Rytlock for that he freed him, but I didn't know he did that unwittingly.

So we left us with Aurene as the only hope, or we'll find the way to rebuild the spear, while Kralkatorrik's weakness is Kralkatorrik's blood.

@ThatOddOne.4387 said:I honestly wouldn't mind a "World ends" scenario. Have the Gods reappear, open portals, start trying to evacuate everyone to this new world they have supposedly been preparing. They were right all along!

I am really interested in the "new garden" as one of the Sunspear wrote in the journal.

Perhaps ANet is setting the way for GW3 outside Tyria, the Mists.

Just seen this on GW2 twitter:

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/933742403504295936

Snow in Daybreak. Two main possibilities spring to mind:

1. Kralkatorrik utilising Jormag's magic
  2. We're in the snow-capped mountains of Dajkah (which would be consistent with the water and docks that we've seen in the trailer)

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:I don't think they'll take us to Cantha.

It seems they either want or are restricted to making PvE a single world map for some reason, hence why Elona is now on the same map as Tyria. If so, then expanding to Cantha would make the world map HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE since it has to be a square for texture mechanic reasons, and Cantha is very far away.

Aurene is not a goddess, not sure what quote you're getting that from.

ANet wanting to make the world map a square would be the stupidest reason imaginable for not going to Cantha. If we don't go there, I can't imagine that'll be why.

Archived