I'm kinda sad but

Khalisto.5780

19 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

I mean, all those nerfs to core ele which is already D tier are kinda harsh

but man, all those scrapper must be raging, they're good for like what ? 30 days?

but said again, I guess ppl will be playing thief a lot.

They'd already nerf'ed kinetic accelerators, and now they just did it again.   No-one was complaining about it after the nerf it already received (from quickness to a little might and fury), they were complaing about nades and stealth.  They didn't touch nades... so invariably it will get nerfed leaving scrapper literally vastly worse than before.  

Really the stealth nerf would have dealt with the stealth gank issue, and the nades issue hasn't been addressed because now people can still do it on holo.   

• Haha 1

Just now, shion.2084 said:

They'd already nerf'ed kinetic accelerators, and now they just did it again.   No-one was complaining about it after the nerf it already received (from quickness to a little might and fury), they were complaing about nades and stealth.  They didn't touch nades... so invariably it will get nerfed leaving scrapper literally vastly worse than before.  

Really the stealth nerf would have dealt with the stealth gank issue, and the nades issue hasn't been addressed because now people can still do it on holo.   

What the geniuses have successfully done is ensure that everyone not using nades before is really going to be... which is what half the QQing was about.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Core Ele still needs something that justifies taking it over an elite. 

Ranger, Necro, and Guardian have all managed to find that balance. Unfortunately, Ele elites are so strong that whatever it gets needs to only affect core because otherwise something breaks. 

Scrapper doesn't surprise me in the least. It has a habit of showing up for a few weeks. Doing something annoying, then getting patched into obscurity for a few months before it re-appears and the cycle continues anew. I'd say it's nearing time for it's routine rework as well. Wonder what they'll change this time?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Core Ele still needs something that justifies taking it over an elite. 

Ranger, Necro, and Guardian have all managed to find that balance. Unfortunately, Ele elites are so strong that whatever it gets needs to only affect core because otherwise something breaks. 

Scrapper doesn't surprise me in the least. It has a habit of showing up for a few weeks. Doing something annoying, then getting patched into obscurity for a few months before it re-appears and the cycle continues anew. I'd say it's nearing time for it's routine rework as well. Wonder what they'll change this time?

After nuking its damage, they then need to give it back real durability for team fighting and make it a proper bruiser.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Being good for a month if your profession has otherwise been hard hit seems par for the course here. I'm just surprised Anet was so on top of what people were crying about this time. 

But they didn't touch nades.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hm... had to log on to try out Scepter ele after the nerfs. I still think the weapon is net stronger than it was pre-rework. 

Dragon's Tooth actually lands. 

Water trident is still a decent dps ability with sustain attatched. 

Shatterstone is an actual skill that exists in the game. 

Rock barrier fires faster than before. Dust tornado is better than it was before. 

Naturally most skills can be cast 360 degrees behind you, so you've got good pressure even while kiting. Some skills go through projectile hate. (Even engi nades don't have this luxury)

There's also some small things, like fire auto being better, water auto being faster, air 2 being AoE (All of these are huge because it makes building energy as catalyst much faster. Scepter struggled with this pre-rework)... This weapon feels much stronger now than before. Guess that speaks to how much a difference it makes when a weapons fundamental flaws are addressed. Even with the numbers being brought down, it feels so much more functional than pre-rework. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

ok, i'll right again upper case

I mean, all those nerfs to >>>>>CORE<<<<<< ele which is already D tier are kinda harsh

You must be new here. If the elites are broken, core is broken. 

My logik is flawless, and if you argue it proves your bias. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Hm... had to log on to try out Scepter ele after the nerfs. I still think the weapon is net stronger than it was pre-rework. 

Dragon's Tooth actually lands. 

Water trident is still a decent dps ability with sustain attatched. 

Shatterstone is an actual skill that exists in the game. 

Rock barrier fires faster than before. Dust tornado is better than it was before. 

Naturally most skills can be cast 360 degrees behind you, so you've got good pressure even while kiting. Some skills go through projectile hate. (Even engi nades don't have this luxury)

There's also some small things, like fire auto being better, water auto being faster, air 2 being AoE (All of these are huge because it makes building energy as catalyst much faster. Scepter struggled with this pre-rework)... This weapon feels much stronger now than before. Guess that speaks to how much a difference it makes when a weapons fundamental flaws are addressed. Even with the numbers being brought down, it feels so much more functional than pre-rework. 

I'll agree, Scepter has functionally been upgraded. It's so much easier to land skills and execute damage. Even the chill on shatterstone makes scepter more oppressive. 

But I'd still argue the net sustain after all these changes was nerfed and is currently suboptimal. Water trident was easier to land with more consistent healing than it's current iteration. The skill now is more damage based. It can be blocked, blinded, evaded, etc and the entire heal part will be negated. 

The added barrier seems to only compensate the heal nerf. But actually healing trumps barrier output. So that leaves resistance, and one aoe blind/weakness, which won't compete against other burst builds. Especially Virtuoso who's competing for top ganker with endless blocks and invulns baked into their mechanics. 

Edited by Stallic.2397

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I'm just surprised Anet was so on top of what people were crying about this time.

Yeah it made me nervous actually. When I read that the only things changed were direct nerfs to exactly what people have been complaining about, I looked outside to see what the sky looked like, and then looked up and read some end-time prophecies to reassure myself that today wasn't the apocalypse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Yeah it made me nervous actually. When I read that the only things changed were direct nerfs to exactly what people have been complaining about, I looked outside to see what the sky looked like, and then looked up and read some end-time prophecies to reassure myself that today wasn't the apocalypse.

But they didn’t, no one was complaining that kinetic accelerators gave more than 1 might, not that blast did, what they QQ’d about was nades being thrown backwards.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eugchriss.2046 said:

The real thing here is how fast they addressed scrapper. Litteraly less than 2 weeks. I really hope that war and virtuso will be nerfed that fast too.

Virt has been untouched for at least the last two metas. It's their favorite thing to ignore currently. On the other hand, Scrapper really didn't need this as it was already just mid before nerfs, but as usual, only the kitten low golds and silvers complain about get nerfed and the snore builds that are essentially the same thing go untouched or even rise into the 'good enough' category and the cycle repeats itself.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

But they didn't touch nades.

You better do what I did and stop caring about scrapper now and this game entirely.   You know it's true they will nerf nades and not revert other changes.  Like when they nerffed quickness bc of flamethrower scrappers, and then nerffed flamethrower as well without reverting anything.  That is the futre of scrapper they even said they want to make gyros stationary.  Just realize the truth that this game is dead and on life support and nothing is getting fixed it's only going to keep moving in the same direction.  I know its hard pill to swallow but lets be real here do you REALLY think they will fix scrapper?  Just give up man.  Play another game. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dominus Fenrisulfr.6417 said:

Virt has been untouched for at least the last two metas. It's their favorite thing to ignore currently. On the other hand, Scrapper really didn't need this as it was already just mid before nerfs, but as usual, only the kitten low golds and silvers complain about get nerfed and the snore builds that are essentially the same thing go untouched or even rise into the 'good enough' category and the cycle repeats itself.

Virt evades nerfs because it does little damage if ignored. It just does well 1v1

28 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

Virt evades nerfs because it does little damage if ignored. It just does well 1v1

This is exactly anet philosophy and it s pretty stupid. That's why core guard/tempest/ranger don't get touched. They only nerf the damage oriented builds but not the support one.