Gem prices of mounts!?

Well I passed on the mount skins. I just couldn't justify 1 mount skin vrs 2 Outfits. Maybe by the time another mount sale happens I'll have my Griffin. Oddly enough I unlocked Jade bot and love him...or it. I've even pondered the cuddly kitty skin for full 1600 gems! So its just so bizarre what we each view as comfortable purchase. I even bought a quarter pounder meal yesterday... it was 15 bucks! I was like... this coulda been a mount skin 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I rarely use outfits since I mix and match normal gear that I unlocked, so I find outfits more of a waste for myself personally. I rather get a mount skin since I use them all the time and each character uses a unique skin that suits them best. I love dying the mounts to match their theme etc. 

The licenses are great for me esp when on sale. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aelin.9317 said:

I rarely use outfits since I mix and match normal gear that I unlocked, so I find outfits more of a waste for myself personally. I rather get a mount skin since I use them all the time and each character uses a unique skin that suits them best. I love dying the mounts to match their theme etc. 

The licenses are great for me esp when on sale. 

I like mixing and matching armour skins too, but I do also use a small number of outfits specifically because they don't look like armour. I have a few which look like plain or formal clothing and the Arctic Explorer outfit for when it's cold but I won't be in the area long enough to justify changing my armour.

Oh and the Herald of Aurene outfit because I made my own version for Icebrood Saga then when the outfit came out I decided that would be more convenient than changing all the skins and dyes when I'm doing the story. I've got some screenshots in the Eye of the North where a lot of people were dressed like the Crystal Bloom so I guess Anet noticed the trend.

• Like 1

Could be worse. FF XIV and WoW both charge a subscription fee and their mounts are in the $25-30 range generally. Though they do occasionally have sales and XIV mount vary in price, the much less impressive ones are usually under 20.

I spent like $150 in FF XIV just buying Christmas decorations for my guild (excuse me, I mean "free company" :classic_rolleyes:) house. It's a bit ridiculous.

Edited by Ashen.4061
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ashen.4061 said:

Could be worse. FF XIV and WoW both charge a subscription fee and their mounts are in the $25-30 range generally. Though they do occasionally have sales and XIV mount vary in price, the much less impressive ones are usually under 20.

I spent like $150 in FF XIV just buying Christmas decorations for my guild (excuse me, I mean "free company" :classic_rolleyes:) house. It's a bit ridiculous.

I thought WoW mounts were in-game drops?

I've never played WoW but I thought that was why so many people seem to think cosmetic rewards = mounts and everything else doesn't count.

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I thought WoW mounts were in-game drops?

I've never played WoW but I thought that was why so many people seem to think cosmetic rewards = mounts and everything else doesn't count.

There are in game and store mounts in WoW and XIV.

So if I’m being honest, I don’t think the prices are outrageous.   You have to keep in mind this game has no sub fee, and the expansion box prices are like $30 which is super cheap compared to other MMOs.  I don’t mind them making money on these skins.  

This is coming from someone who hates how modern games are monetized and wishes things would go back to how they were ten to twenty years ago lol.  But in this day and age games are just more expensive to make I guess.  

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 7:21 AM, Einsof.1457 said:

I'm cheap so I use the cheaper skin randomizer lol

dw i will become your suggar daddy

i like your mindset and message history 

499g+2 exotic precursors schold inaf for a while 😄

profit of crafting one legendary weapon after you sell 

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430

4 hours ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

dw i will become your suggar daddy

i like your mindset and message history 

499g+2 exotic precursors schold inaf for a while 😄

profit of crafting one legendary weapon after you sell 

So have you sent them the money?

You do know how sugar daddies work right?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

So have you sent them the money?

You do know how sugar daddies work right?

yep, you can ask that person yourself 😄

screanshot

i'm not joked that i had around 10k, some of it i spended to buy thinks i provided screanshot, and rest giving some gold to ppl around. like in strike shiver, wher first person that finish jp get some gold 😄

i recomend using this side to help you decide what you want to do

I personaly recomend leviathan farm if your new, his droping chunk then is worth around 1,5g per leviathan killed, you only need remeber that after 2 kills, you need swap to other map with leviathan or you will stop geting chunks from him, until you swap map to remove anty-bot protection

it's limited to 10 kills, so you can get 15g per day

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

yep, you can ask that person yourself 😄

screanshot

i'm not joked that i had around 10k, some of it i spended to buy thinks i provided screanshot, and rest giving some gold to ppl around. like in strike shiver, wher first person that finish jp get some gold 😄

i recomend using this side to help you decide what you want to do

I personaly recomend leviathan farm if your new, his droping chunk then is worth around 1,5g per leviathan killed, you only need remeber that after 2 kills, you need swap to other map with leviathan or you will stop geting chunks from him, until you swap map to remove anty-bot protection

it's limited to 10 kills, so you can get 15g per day

Nice of you to put your money were your mouth is mate happy gaming.

• Like 2