Your most fun and favorite profession to PvP with and why?

Support Spell Breaker for me is a lot of fun despite there being much better options for the role. I honestly just love any excuse to use a warhorn.

Here's hoping we get more more ways to be supportive on warrior in future patches cause being locked in as a sidenoder in almost every build on warrior gets old quick.

• Like 1

Today Core condition engineer: Kit swapping combos and precision on every dodge and kit utilities are funny asf. Even though you're an easy kill for condi cleanse spammers or cc spammers

Some years ago was core guardian (burning) was fun asf to stack burning in a fight killing.

Edited by AlPower.2476

Before the quickness removal I would have said I enjoy Scrapper, and Ele equally. Now, even though it's got the stealth oneshot cheese it's just boring. Build diversity on it is worse than ever with rifle, flamethrower, heal, bruiser, and bunker scraper all nerfed into the ground. 

I stick to elementalist these days. Core when I want to meme with my staff signet build. Minion Tempest when I want to play a funny build that looks troll but isn't. Support Tempest when I want to sweat or play with friends. Hammer Cata when I want to satisfy my urge to bonk people with a big hammer. Scepter Cata when I feel like a mage. Weaver when I want to just vibe on side nodes after a long stressful day. 

I wish other specs had the level of build diversity elementalist has. This game would be a lot better if more things felt as good to play. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 2

i like condi zerk cus fire fun

sb renegod also fun, coolest bow kit in the game since war longbow kinda meh (except for combustive shot being guaranteed adrenal health even without hitting it lol)
hard to play with so much proj hate around these days tho

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

hmm idk definitely not guardian tho

why not XD i see alot of guardians in PvP

9 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Before the quickness removal I would have said I enjoy Scrapper, and Ele equally. Now, even though it's got the stealth oneshot cheese it's just boring. Build diversity on it is worse than ever with rifle, flamethrower, heal, bruiser, and bunker scraper all nerfed into the ground. 

I stick to elementalist these days. Core when I want to meme with my staff signet build. Minion Tempest when I want to play a funny build that looks troll but isn't. Support Tempest when I want to sweat or play with friends. Hammer Cata when I want to satisfy my urge to bonk people with a big hammer. Scepter Cata when I feel like a mage. Weaver when I want to just vibe on side nodes after a long stressful day. 

I wish other specs had the level of build diversity elementalist has. This game would be a lot better if more things felt as good to play. 

You really make me interested in Ele, I think also that Ele is one of the coolest looking classes and the build diversity makes it alot more intriguing! 

9 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

My favorite profession to pvp with is mesmer. But since portal got axed I gradually stopped using it outside of pve.

Yes... I've read this alot in this forum that Mesmer needs an overall buff. However I played as a Condition chronomancer bunker in PvP and it slaps really hard lol.. Definetly harder than my Mirage....

17 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I prefer Renegade for sPvP, because the Shortbow let's me be somewhat effective at range, while also being the most fun (to me) ranged weapon in the game.

many people have been saying this.. I have a ranger but I will take a look into renegade for sure!!

5 hours ago, King Slayer.9671 said:

Yes... I've read this alot in this forum that Mesmer needs an overall buff. However I played as a Condition chronomancer bunker in PvP and it slaps really hard lol.. Definetly harder than my Mirage....

In all honestly, mesmer doesn't need a buff. Mesmer is very, very strong. Most players don't and never will reach the skill level required to demonstrate how truly monstrous mesmer can be in a fight and as such will never understand its potential. Mesmer's problem is lack of mobility which by description is an intended weakness to the class but it makes it unviable for conquest. Conquest requires a lot of map mobility and ability to handle focus fire to be effective so any class that is slow and/or doesn't have scaling defenses is going to naturally struggle in conquest regardless of how strong it is in a vacuum.

Its one of those things where theme coming before function hurts the game. Function should come first and theme should fit around it. Buffing portal back to pre nerfed ranges would immediately bring mesmer back into competitive viability and you'd would see the forums flooded with people asking for nerfs once the good mesmer players show up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Revenant: I like the mobile aggressive melee play style combined with the most in depth energy management system in the game instead of standard cooldowns or basic energy management like adrenaline.

I started playing rev again very recently. 

I have an urge in every game to try out the things that most people write off or won't touch, so I've been giving Renegade a shot. I can definitely see the flaws with it. Some traits (Vindication) are obviously hard nerfed. But in spite of that it's very fun to play. 

All I'll say for now is. Condi ren with rune of Ice is very funny. 

Edited by Kuma.1503

On 4/14/2023 at 4:23 PM, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Most players don't and never will reach the skill level required to demonstrate how truly monstrous mesmer can be in a fight and as such will never understand its potential.

If even the bests players didn"t understand this, where are we going...

On 4/14/2023 at 4:23 PM, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Buffing portal back

Not really. I'm sad that portal was nerfed BUT it shut the mesmer can't be good because of portal argument.

And it more other classes need mobility nerf than mesmer need a up (which end the same without powercreep.).

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I already do papercraft in which with a 100% knowledge on every classes skills and with a 0.25 sec reaction time you can win everything. This is the theory.

Now in reality, bests mesmers mains stopped playing or maining mesmer.

If I was stucked on old naive ideas I would quit mesmer a long time ago.

Now fact is that as long as no one can demonstrate how truly monstrous mesmer can be, it don't exist.

Edited by viquing.8254
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

14 minutes ago, viquing.8254 said:

I already do papercraft in which with a 100% knowledge on every classes skills and with a 0.25 sec reaction time you can win everything. This is the theory.

Now in reality, bests mesmers mains stopped playing or maining mesmer.

If I was stucked on old naive ideas I would quit mesmer a long time ago.

Now fact is that as long as no one can demonstrate how truly monstrous mesmer can be, it don't exist.

https://www.twitch.tv/ferret_gw/clip/BetterHeadstrongZucchiniRitzMitz-LWPBjKNbe43P9evN?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

Above is a buddy of mine I met during the early stages of Covid. He used to main thief quit for years and came back to play mesmer and thief. He was awful back then and was about a gold 1 level duelist and a silver 2 level conquest player. We did a whole summer of training to get him up to platinum level then I suggested for him to try to meet up with jazz x man in EU since I couldn't take him any further. So he made an EU account and trained with her and came back an absolute monster. 

He later picked up untamed and became so good he started to rival euratien in skill.

Speaking of jazz x man,

She is one of the best mesmer players in guild wars 2 period. And there are more mesmer players in this caliber of skill. So its not so much of a class issue as it is a skill issue. The only class issue is that mesmer is too slow for conquest and thats a problem shared by many classes. It's why thief or specifically daredevil which is just thief but better, regardless of balance state, is always the best class in conquest. Being good at node control across the entire map is surprisingly important in a gamemode about node control. If you ever been in a game where you seen one team zerg the other team for kills and still lose, that's why.

So don't insult the mesmer players. Instead, practice and get better.

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

@Dr Meta.3158 :

She didn't main mesmer anymore like misha did afaik.

You know that vids are montage who picked what the author want  to show you ?

I already saw jazz vids, I won't deny she sometimes play "fun" rupt build very well which I already debate about the viability with her.

And no, there is only 3/4 mesmer of her caliber which didn't look high IMO and they didn't main mesmers anymore.

You are the only one insluting mesmer players IMO.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, viquing.8254 said:

@Dr Meta.3158 :

She didn't main mesmer anymore like misha did afaik.

You know that vids are montage who picked what the author want  to show you ?

I already saw jazz vids, I won't deny she sometimes play "fun" rupt build very well which I already debate about the viability with her.

And no, there is only 3/4 mesmer of her caliber which didn't look high IMO and they didn't main mesmers anymore.

You are the only one insluting mesmer players IMO.

If you want me to transfer to EU and stalk her around to record her fights, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

But all in all, regardless of what you believe, they're doing just fine on mesmer. If you can't, that's unfortunate for you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There is 2 metrics : mAt and ladder.

And I disagree reading mesmer is monster looking at thoses. (Just for you to know, I regulary fight with/versus people in ladder in my ranked games.)

The same as I disagree about more movement powercreep instead of tunning down thoses who already overperfom.

Edited by viquing.8254
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, viquing.8254 said:

There is 2 metrics : mAt and ladder.

And I disagree reading mesmer is monster looking at thoses. (Just for you to know, I regulary fight with/versus people in ladder in my ranked games.)

The same as I disagree about more movement powercreep instead of tunning down thoses who already overperfom.

Ok i understand now. I think I used too many words in my previous post so let me shorten it.

Mesmer is strong. Mesmer is slow. Speed is needed for conquest. Buff portal.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1