weaver in pvp tonight

Eddbopkins.2630

how has the entire weaver spec get broken in pvp with out any client update? this spec was working yesturday. and even an hour or two ago. nothing breaks unless messed with. i feel they adjust skills all the time without us knowing. one night my ele can be doing big deeps to people dropping. next time my ele doesn't even hurt a fly. i only run one spec and dont change anything on it ever really. but the game sometimes just feel so different day to day sometimes they got to be doing back end secrete changes.

this has never happened in 10 years them disabling an entire spec. because some one did something way wrong.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Like 2

For anyone reading this thread who're unaware, they made the announcement in the game just a little while ago stating they were temporarily disabling 2 ele traits... sunspot and weaver, and recommending elementalist players avoid them until they resolve an issue they're fixing.

edit: also, now posted in the forums 

~EpWa

Edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, EphemeralWallaby.7643 said:

For anyone reading this thread who're unaware, they made the announcement in the game just a little while ago stating they were temporarily disabling 2 ele traits... sunspot and weaver, and recommending elementalist players avoid them until they resolve an issue they're fixing.

edit: also, now posted in the forums 

~EpWa

how can this happen though. there was no client update. they making back end stealth nerfs and this time they completely break a spec while doing it? in 10 years no spec has ever been disabled. so why they messing around with ele to make it even worse!

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630

8 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

how can this happen though. there was no client update. they making back end stealth nerfs and this time they completely break a spec while doing it?

Bugs don't have to be discovered the day of a patch, there's likely no telling how long this has been something that could have been discovered beyond saying "sometime between when catalyst was added and now" combat tonics are usually things that people use for fun if they use them at all so it's not like its something easy to discover

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Venport.3925 said:

Bugs don't have to be discovered the day of a patch, there's likely no telling how long this has been something that could have been discovered beyond saying "sometime between when catalyst was added and now" combat tonics are usually things that people use for fun if they use them at all so it's not like its something easy to discover

Iv played weaver like last night. Maybe two days ago and it was fine. It wasn't game braking then, a week ago, or even a month ago on the last update. I'm just curious. Tonight at the time of the message I was playing chrono. So I dont know what made them disable weaver and sunspot now all of a sudden. 1st time in gw2 history that a spec completly got disabled. 

7 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Iv played weaver like last night. Maybe two days ago and it was fine. It wasn't game braking then, a week ago, or even a month ago on the last update. I'm just curious. Tonight at the time of the message I was playing chrono. So I dont know what made them disable weaver and sunspot now all of a sudden. 1st time in gw2 history that a spec completly got disabled. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Why is the interim solution to disable weaver and not just disable combat tonics?

Presumably i) so it won't prevent the other professions from all continuing to enjoy their tonics as normal and ii) because the fix lay in the behavior of the traits and not in the tonic mechanic.

3 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

So, there's a bugged interaction between combat tonics and these traits, right?  Why is the interim solution to disable weaver and not just disable combat tonics?  And no ETA on a resolution?  I guess I'll be playing something else for awhile. 

A friend reminded me that 0,01% of the player are using weaver and 0,1% of the player are using combat tonics , so you have your answer here  , freaking cringe 🤣  . Ele had finally an easy build with 0 input doing 150k/sec ... 😭

Edited by zeyeti.8347

1 hour ago, Stallic.2397 said:

Trying to promote catalyst and anyone with the bright idea of figuring out a good weaver build are kitten out of luck

Why even have 36 build possibilities if it's blatantly obvious you're only supposed to be playing 1-2 for each class! 

That's a weird take.  It's obviously a bug and a gamebreaking one at that.  It needs fixing and I guess something about it required disabling weaver rather than an alternative.  

I'd just like to know when they think they can have it fixed.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 6:49 AM, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

It wasn't game breaking normally, had something to do with double attunement, combat tonic and swapping to catalyst or something to cause infinite attunement swap traits to spam. The reason they pulled the kill switch is that 1 ele alone could kill 20 people in wvw in 2 seconds. Of course people started to exploit the hell out of it and even more intelligent people thought it's a good idea to teach it to others over youtube tutorials.

• Like 2