Anyone else a little disappointed with the Winged Reverie skiff?

It dyes poorly, the colour channels aren't placed particularly well, as well as large swathes being undecorated (though this isn't too bad but limits colour combinations), it also has no steering column like many other boats and the rear of the boat cannot be stood on so you clip through all of it, which... I have to say isn't brilliant as it looks bad. I acquired it with my collection of black lion statuettes and I've had it a few days, but to be honest I'm much preferring my old Jade Tech skiff.

Anybody else with the skin, do you like it or share similar sentiments?

Edit: yes, I forgot to add, the big sail at the front does obscure the view somewhat.

Edited by Holgarf.6581
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

It's my favorite skiff skin so far.

I got it as a drop from a BL chest. I don't use my skiffs enough to bother buying skins for them.

It's the only one that doesn't seem concepty, if that makes sense. I can appreciate the muscle-speedboat design of the Jade Tech skin, the Viking inspired Wolf Raider (I once lived minutes away from Sutton Hoo), and the Floating Lantern looks magical from a distance. But they're all... not really joke skins, but... gimmicky? And that's not even mentioning the silliness of the iceberg and garden skiffs.

Whereas the Winged Reverie has an all-purpose elegance I can use on any character. It did take a moment to get use to the sales, but they don't bother me now. I've never walked into the back of it to see the clipping. I guess I have a high immersion rate in avoiding most things that look like I shouldn't be able to walk through them, so I never find out I can.

• Like 5

No it's far and away my favourite skiff so far due to the fact that it looks like an actual sailboat that makes the surrounding environment more beautiful and not less. I'll be using it pretty much exclusively until they come out with some kind of semi-realistic European-style sail boat at which point it will be replaced by that.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Demonhead.7584 said:

I love the skin, but not having any "steering" controls near the driver/player like most other skiff skins do, really bothers me. 

Every once in a while I’m reminded people must play a lot more zoomed in than I.

It’s kinda cool that people can have different experiences of the same game.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Demonhead.7584 said:

I love the skin, but not having any "steering" controls near the driver/player like most other skiff skins do, really bothers me. 

It started bothering me after I read a few posts on the forums. Now I can't unseen it. It does look silly.

• Haha 1