Guild Wars 2 Studio Update: Spring 2023

I'm disappointed that it looks like we won't be getting more elite specs for now at least. Hopefully in an expansion or three they may add some more. I love the elite specs, they're one of the most interesting parts of the expansions for me and removing them severely reduces the value of expansions for me. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Thanks for the update. I am very happy with most of it, including the expansion in the works plus the effort being put into my favorite part of the game, WVW.

The only thing I don't like the idea of are the Adventures. I have trouble doing many of them because they often depend on the player having fast reflexes which at my age is just not a thing any more. If you are going to include them please don't tie a lot of mastery points to them that will end up frustrating my progress in the game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

All in all, exciting news across the board. I'm particularly excited about the implications of more tools for existing professions. Does that mean new weapons? More ability to mix-and-match? Has to be something that holds weight even with core specs, given the recent efforts to rebalance stuff with low pick-rate.

Very interested to see what the additional, better rewards for WvW will be. Cautiously optimistic. Part of me really hopes Edge of the Mists will be involved somehow, given how absolutely irrelevant it has been for the past few years; but, more realistically, I would expect better defense participation calculation, and failed assaults rewards. Maybe something to award score at the end of a skirmish/match, but I'm not holding my breath.

That's the two points I'm somewhat fixated on, but I have to admit everything in this post sounds great. Can't wait to experience the performance boost of a dimmer lightshow when running super-packed metas.

Keep up the good work, Anet.

Edited by Dotveg.5108
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Okay, I am oblivious. I always thought the end of Dragons Stand was weird, but it never occurred to me that it was because there was another phase of the fight that was abandoned. Now I want to experience climbing the tree. I'd much rather they develop that than rework the Zhaitan fight, though I understand Zhaitan would be more important for the new player experience.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2023 at 10:13 PM, Matt H.6142 said:

All sounds promising, but I hope we don't linger in Cantha too long.  The locals can handle some demons, right?  The commander and Gorrik seems uniquely at a disadvantage in this fight. 

Why would asura, charr, and norn have any interest in staying?  I'm sure Sylvari love the scenes of Cantha, and their curiosity would pull them through.  I'd like to know what's happened with Bangar and the legions.  Unchained Ice Legion/Svanir?

Garenhoff when?

I'd dare not invite them back, but what are the Inquest researching with no dragons left?

What are the awakened doing in Cantha?

Garenhoff when?  August 2023. LOL. Ty Anet!