Gambling - the only thing I enjoyed in this game has been nerfed.

12 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Not sure about this change. I only tried the small versions every now and then. Trying one of the big ones (for 250 ectos and 100 gold) would be already tooo expensive in most cases. For someone with a ton of money it might be interesting to spam the big ones in a huge quantity - to hope for some lucky draws and then stopping maybe.

Someone experimented with ~60k gold, not including the value of the ectos. The result was lost of both gold and ectos.

21 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

And the usual thing ArenaNet does is disabling the content completely. Then fixing the bug and re-enabling it.

or they just disable it for 10 years https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zena_Coinmaker 😁

26 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Edit: Though ... that actually could have been a thing - trying to do it a lot of times (if you had a lot of gold) and stopping if you were in the win/profit at one day. Then repeating the same thing next day. (But then counting your profits/losses from 0 again.) If for huge amounts it about 0 (no win no loss) and you stopped when just getting the good results and being in the profit a bit ... could work. But with low numbers per day that will be harder. You could just get unlucky that 20 times.

That looks like a recipe on how to become a gambling addict and you will still lose .

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 9:02 AM, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Exploiting gambling addiction while pretending to care about those being down trotted is the biggest sin in corporate america today.  This is a good move, but I wish it also applied to blacklion chests.

Are the items from Black Lion Chests random?

• Confused 7

2 hours ago, entrailsgalore.4150 said:

Are the items from Black Lion Chests random?

Ingame description of the chest when you hover over it:

Contains a guaranteed item, a redeemable Black Lion Statuette, and 2 common items. Each chest has a chance for an extra rare item, including exclusive skins not available anywhere else. You cannot receive duplicates of any exclusive skins. Preview available.

"Chance" is involved, so it's random.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

36 minutes ago, entrailsgalore.4150 said:

Oh wow so kind of like ESO's crown crates or CSGO's weapon crates then. I guess maybe RNG crate is a better name for them. 

All the information is literally in the chest description. I don't know what's supposed to be so surprising about it here.
If you think eso's crown crates or csgo weapon crates should be called "rng crate"(?) then go inform them about it. Or does it only apply here for some unknown reason? 🤔 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 5/2/2023 at 11:50 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I think spending 10 Gold at the Trading Post for a Supreme Rune of Holding would probably be way cheaper than gambling for it. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Supreme_Rune_of_Holding

Thay no longer on tp, ppl bought them all

last one was for 52g

I posted that there is another way.

Not anymore

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Thay no longer on tp, ppl bought them all

last one was for 52g

I still see a bit over 200 of them on tp for 17g, its still crazy though. 

There was always ONLY one way to get them, buying them on tp is not different way to obtaining them, it still leads to original and only way of getting them, which is gambling, some people just does not understand it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

I still see a bit over 200 of them on tp for 17g, its still crazy though. 

There was always ONLY one way to get them, buying them on tp is not different way to obtaining them, it still leads to original and only way of getting them, which is gambling, some people just does not understand it.

28g atm

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

28g atm

That almost makes gambling worth it right? 😁... No, I am joking, I tried 6 of them few days ago and did not get single rune. 

They should either add new way of getting them, which would be the best since they dont want people to gamble that much or atleast increase the chance of getting them.

• 3 weeks later...