Gold keep capture participation?

Cuks.8241

Yesterday we managed to 2-man t0 Ascesion Bay.

2 catas at south wall, we each manned a cata, destroyed outer and inner walls.

We both killed a bunch of pesky guards and cleared the lord area and the lord himself and stood in the circle. 

We got Silver participation for taking the keep. 

What do I need to do to get gold? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Yesterday we managed to 2-man t0 Ascesion Bay.

2 catas at south wall, we each manned a cata, destroyed outer and inner walls.

We both killed a bunch of pesky guards and cleared the lord area and the lord himself and stood in the circle. 

We got Silver participation for taking the keep. 

What do I need to do to get gold? 

I wonder the same thing. Took down SET wall solo. Had the Lord down to 12%. Someone else joined and I got Silver. I really think you need an enemy player to be there before you can get Gold? 

No idea.

It looks like you need to actually be contested by players in order to get gold. Which kinda makes sense kinda sucks.

Makes sense because you don't want to encourage behavior where people run away the moment a body of players show up, because you can get a free gold faster and without effort.

Sucks because you only get one skirmish ticket for your troubles, and a grandmaster mark shard.

Edited by Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

The changed participation rewards seem dependent on different factors. Participating in at least 1 killed players is one factor, meaning it is near impossible to hit gold without.

It seems as though some of the following affect participation contribution:

- killing an enemy player

- damaging/destroying a wall/gate

- killing npc guards (maybe)

- destroying siege in vicinity of the strucuture

- repairing a wall/gate

- standing in the claim circle while it finishes

- assisting friendlies nearby (which in turn contributes to their kills)

It's either a binary yes or no system behind the scenes, or some point system which fills up as different activities are being done where some will not promote the contribution beyond a certain level and others will (killing multiple players usually results in gold participation) or a combination of both.

This is easily verified for bronze or silver when taking objectives with minimal contribution (say only standing in the claim circle) versus maximum contribution when clearing guards and enemy siege and damaging the lord before claiming (which results in silver).

We have no exact knowledge yet as to how each contribution affects participation. What would help is if players payed attention to when a change from bronze to silver, or silver to gold, happens and what they did differently between both. Ideally while keeping every other factor the same (hence why I referred to an undefended structure).

The net result currently seems to be:

- pure karma train without meeting enemy players nets a bit less WxP and rewards compared to previously

- actual enemy interaction increases rewards compared to before

Edited by Cyninja.2954

T0 might have been the issue here. Again I admit I don't pay attention as much to the alerts that pop on events, and maybe need to do so more. This is a double sided issue. There should be value in risk/reward. Or as in efficiency, having the right number for the task. 50 taking an empty keep is not the same as 1-6 doing so. 50 taking a camp is not the same as 1.I do assume that tier and number of defenders plays a factor though. So T0 with no defenders, could see that makes sense lower than T3 with no defenders. Same as T0 with10 defenders being higher. Agree with past comments that details mean people will look for ways to game the system, but this is also where no details ends up with people trying to scratch their heads and say, huh? All we can do is play and try and observe as we do so. That last bit is more at myself to stop and look before seeing the next target and marking it for attack, a squirrel's life is hard you know.

5 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

The changed participation rewards seem dependent on different factors. Participating in at least 1 killed players is one factor, meaning it is near impossible to hit gold without.

It seems as though some of the following affect participation contribution:

- repairing a wall/gate

This one was removed for the defensive event trigger as stated in prior game release notes. Not sure how it would work on a capture event. I think you were referring to both attack and defend points in event triggers, but again its removal from defense events is what has trigger a number of threads questioning the logic of the event triggers.

• Like 1

There is a bit of misinformation here.

Firstly, T0 keeps do have gold event participation (do not confuse event participation with the skirmish track participation).

Secondly, it is apparent that player kills and standing in the circle at least counts partly for the captures. I have gotten gold event participation even when not standing in the ring sometimes but it usually means I had credit for quite a few kills (15+). Others have speculated wall and gate siege damage contribution but it probably counts for far less.

I am of the opinion Arenenet should really reward grandmaster mark shards (not necessarily tickets) for silver tier T2/T1 keep captures since the likellihood of those being ktrained is lower. To my knowledge and within my testing only gold event participation allows for a grandmaster mark shard as far as caps unless it is a T3 structure.