It would be great if Scepter Weaver was an actually viable class.

There is no build for Scepter Weaver that is even remotely competitive. Fresh Air was not the greatest a year ago, but at least you could squeeze something decent out of it and play around with the build a bit. Weaver in general is kitten-tier now and you can't even play Fire Weaver or D/D Lightning Rod without basically throwing the match by even having those builds. Scepter Weaver is even worse off.

Literally an entire playstyle cancelled from the game that was not even remotely egregious in any way. Never mind egregious, it was already a fringe build to begin with.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

bro, weaver is a trait line, ele is the class.

weaver is just like water/earth etc.

you don't ask why there's no earth scepter builds

such as air gives you the ability to have fresh air and reset air

weaver gives you the ability to have dual wield skills as a trait etc.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

FA weaver still pumps in PvP. It's actually better now than a year ago cause of the scepter rework.

A guy named Zeus streams Plat games on twitch using FA weaver. If you're good with it, you'll find success. 

no it is considerably worse because of the one with air and fury uptime nerfs

• Like 2

13 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

bro, weaver is a trait line, ele is the class.

weaver is just like water/earth etc.

you don't ask why there's no earth scepter builds

such as air gives you the ability to have fresh air and reset air

weaver gives you the ability to have dual wield skills as a trait etc.

Posts like these are either purely malicious or incredibly dumb. 

Either the guy is purposely trying to distract from the topic with absolute irrelevant nonsense while the point in the post is very clear.

Or he's just utterly clueless and fixates on kitten that doesn't even remotely matter.

13 hours ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

no it is considerably worse because of the one with air and fury uptime nerfs

You're still ignoring my second statement. If you're good with FA weaver you will find success, meaning It's perfectly viable in ranked. Ether Renewel also got an insane buff, giving weaver and ele in general a great way to combat conditions. 

Yea one with air was a sizable nerf, but the scepter buffs are still a much bigger deal and you're looking at this in a vacuum. A lot of things have been nerfed in the past year that FA weaver didn't like playing into. Mech, tanky harb, stoneheart tempest, specter, utamed insta port, catalyst have all been nerfed as well. FA weaver is much better than it was a year ago

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

You're still ignoring my second statement. If you're good with FA weaver you will find success, meaning It's perfectly viable in ranked. Ether Renewel also got an insane buff, giving weaver and ele in general a great way to combat conditions. 

Yea one with air was a sizable nerf, but the scepter buffs are still a much bigger deal and you're looking at this in a vacuum. A lot of things have been nerfed in the past year that FA weaver didn't like playing into. Mech, tanky harb, stoneheart tempest, specter, utamed insta port, catalyst have all been nerfed as well. FA weaver is much better than it was a year ago

clearly i have no idea what im talking about when it comes to elementalist

3 hours ago, Wayne.6253 said:

I play condi scepter focus weaver and I find it stronger than catalyst.

In may opinion is more tanky because of barries and stances and the mixed 3° spells of scepter are very strong.

I reached platinum easily.

You can reach platinum with core ele if you'd like, it's not a very high standard. I reached plat 2 with a Scepter Lightning Rod build with Avatar Amulet and Rune of Dwayna, Swift Revenge, Woven Stride and the Arcane trait line. A complete meme build that would never hold up at any level that matters when you look at competitive balancing.

But even now, playing at that kind of level is just not fun anymore with funny builds like that. The balance between damage and sustain is gone in Weaver and you will always have to sacrifice too much damage for sustain, or too much sustain for damage. You can't be competitive in duels with high risk high reward builds and you can't hold nodes with bunker builds against players/comps that are actually a high level. Whatever's in the middle isn't good at anything really.

Edited by SevlisBavles.3059