More guaranteed leather nodes

lets be honest the only reason we play wvw is for the leather.  can we please get guaranteed leather nodes if we take a keep?  it is very depressing to go to all the effort of taking a keep and then all we get for a reward is fruit and vegetables.  thank you 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Avengedeath.4671 said:

lets be honest the only reason we play wvw is for the leather.  can we please get guaranteed leather nodes if we take a keep?  it is very depressing to go to all the effort of taking a keep and then all we get for a reward is fruit and vegetables.  thank you 

Sit, did you get another alt second account? Archon, can you verify? I mean its leather, what's not to like but....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I do miss the open world nodes. Would be cool if we could have both. 

I knew a guy on SoS who used to tag up on home bl just for farming nodes and would get some small fights along the way.  Then he'd tag down and wait for the nodes to respawn.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I knew a guy on SoS who used to tag up on home bl just for farming nodes and would get some small fights along the way.  Then he'd tag down and wait for the nodes to respawn.

The fights at the nodes were quite fun. Made little combat zones in the middle of no where. Sometimes just a few that would grow into larger and larger fights lol. I got Cayenne! Winner winner chicken dinner lol 🙂 .

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ganele.7294 said:

If it doesn't have a leather node, we call it a trash keep/tower/camp...

lol, does make me think of missed opportunities. A third line of upgrades for structures for the economy. Each tier you can drop in an upgrade for another type of node on top of the ones we have. Want more leather, scribe more leather nodes to drop in as the structures scale. Good material sync, good way to get more people to pop into your structures to get their extra gathers. And well, would be a fun addition. Course upgraded structures should also let you get more gathers based on tier of the structure as well. May have to get a QoL back out there on that.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Each tier you can drop in an upgrade for another type of node on top of the ones we have. Want more leather, scribe more leather nodes to drop in as the structures scale.

Seems like a great way to make tiering up and defending more attractive.  Seems like it would be easy to code as well.

Alternatively, I wonder if you could just make them like siege weapons, if you could make them with supplies it would make supply management more important and you could make the plans cost whatever is appropriate for it to not get out of control, maybe even options to use emblems of the avenger, or skirmish tickets for those that don't have a use for them.  I'm kind of picturing a T3 home garri with a dozen leather nodes that players would absolutely not want to let get captured.  Or you could place them out in the open to lure players in.  As long as the cost of making them was high enough that it is only worthwhile to do as a group.  I'm sure there are big holes in that plan but it really could add some variety and fun to the mode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Svanhvit.4387 said:

It's fun when we're taking an objective, and someone leaps past us into the gate, runs to the leather node, then runs out the back.  Lol  "Yep, we understand."

Even funnier are those that go for the leather and die in the process.

Objective is lost but I gotta get muh leather!!1!1!

Honest question: Is going for leather nodes as a mode of getting T1-T6 leather really a thing?
And: lets add a "Plunder" WvW ability for more / faster respawning resources or a tactics upgrade for structures to the good ideas we will never get in WvW 😉

On 5/8/2023 at 11:30 PM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Sit, did you get another alt second account? Archon, can you verify? I mean its leather, what's not to like but....

I blame the people that didn't  know how crafting works whining to anet to ruin leather prices. Who the heck plays the game for 10 years and can't craft exotics? (You can craft asccended!)

Then again people can make massive gold when those same people freak out. I made like 500 extra gold because I had some random christmas food put in bank for years that I forgot about (Friend said it'd be worth a lot someday) and then the research notes panic happened for like 2 weeks and prices jumped up and then nobody cared again because it wasn't a big deal. I don't even know what research notes are but who cares.

Also once in a while WvW holds a resource that others need and immediate crying happens to nerf but fortunately that requires them to actually work on WvW so we know there's large timing windows.

So this pleb crap of looking for the most meta maps for the most gold/hour or grinding out fractals that you don't like or literally any of the "rewards" in WvW (8 gold lol) are just silly. Like a few weeks ago when people were talking about those degens abusing SMC repair; it's like "really?"; might as well hunt your neighbor's couch for change. Honestly the game gives you so much by just playing** that the only massive premiums come from rushing.

All you need to farm is leather and human stupidity. And fortunately at least one comes in massive quantities.

** Alright you don't get much for defending, in non zerg fights because that's apparently not playing the game. What can I say?

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

11 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I blame the people that didn't  know how crafting works whining to anet to ruin leather prices. Who the heck plays the game for 10 years and can't craft exotics? (You can craft asccended!)

Then again people can make massive gold when those same people freak out. I made like 500 extra gold because I had some random christmas food put in bank for years that I forgot about (Friend said it'd be worth a lot someday) and then the research notes panic happened for like 2 weeks and prices jumped up and then nobody cared again because it wasn't a big deal. I don't even know what research notes are but who cares.

Also once in a while WvW holds a resource that others need and immediate crying happens to nerf but fortunately that requires them to actually work on WvW so we know there's large timing windows.

So this pleb crap of looking for the most meta maps for the most gold/hour or grinding out fractals that you don't like or literally any of the "rewards" in WvW (8 gold lol) are just silly. Like a few weeks ago when people were talking about those degens abusing SMC repair; it's like "really?"; might as well hunt your neighbor's couch for change. Honestly the game gives you so much by just playing** that the only massive premiums come from rushing.

All you need to farm is leather and human stupidity. And fortunately at least one comes in massive quantities.

** Alright you don't get much for defending, in non zerg fights because that's apparently not playing the game. What can I say?

lol, you can joke with Sit someone called out for a Sin defense of leather nodes. Had been dropping tactics into a claimed keep on home as it was ranked up. So quite lol, leather for the win! 🙂 Tactivators unite! I blame Freya for the rally chant.

• Like 1