WvW Legendary Armor Appearance(s)

23 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

well u can find ppl for roleplay as well. when was the last content update for raid?

To answer this question, look up what role strikes had and have. Also check the cm rewards from eod strikes. Strikes are an integral part of pve/raid path, so I guess it's getting updated all this time.

23 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

the issue was raids got something other modes did not. a third tier of legendary armor. im totally fine with raid got their unique 3 th tier but so should the other.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ardent_Glorious_armor
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_Hero's_armor
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistforged_Glorious_Hero's_armor
🤔

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

I love how it goes on.

That’s because the two sides have different values. If you agree on values, you can debate on how to get to them. If you don’t, then you’re having an argument about the best road to take, while one side thinks you’re going to NYC, and the other thinks the destination is San Francisco.

Both sides think the other is disregarding the legit points they’ve presented, and both think the other side is just offering meaningless talking points.

And so there is no resolution.

• Confused 4

I find wvw and pvp skins much better than Envoy anyway. Most of my looks use at least a piece from those sets. 

I dont care if that 3rd tier comes already as ascended and there is no additional leggy tier. More shine would ruin it anyway. But thats my opinion. 

In the end these are also pvp modes. This is generalising but many pvp players play for thrill of winning and not shinies. Shiny bloated stuff only deteriorate experience because you want maximum visual clarity. This is also why I usually prefer lower tier, clean, sleek armor to higher tiers that usually just add some shiny parts on. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

To answer this question, look up what role strikes had and have. Also check the cm rewards from eod strikes. Strikes are an integral part of pve/raid path, so I guess it's getting updated all this time.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ardent_Glorious_armor
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_Hero's_armor
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistforged_Glorious_Hero's_armor
🤔

u click those links u send? thats ecotic and acendend skins 2 legendary is the same as acendend.

strikes are no raids also. but u can gate keep the skin if it makes u happy

• Confused 4

11 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

u click those links u send? thats ecotic and acendend skins 2 legendary is the same as acendend.

How else do you think I copied them here? 😄 Did you see what it was responding to? It was this: "the issue was raids got something other modes did not. a third tier of legendary armor. im totally fine with raid got their unique 3 th tier but so should the other.". But now you're dismissing armor skins because... of their corresponding item rarity? Skin is a skin, you wanted 3rd one and there clearly are 3.

11 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

strikes are no raids also.

I'd say they're improvement on the raid concept, considering new strikes have tiered difficulty of encounters (story -> normal -> cm) and don't require going through additional encounters just to open the later ones, like it was in case of "wings" (+easier replayability, without the need to look for "openers"). Writing "strikes are no raids" doesn't address what you quoted though. Quick remind what it was: To answer this question, look up what role strikes had and have. Also check the cm rewards from eod strikes. Strikes are an integral part of pve/raid path, so I guess it's getting updated all this time.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, vares.8457 said:

For you it’s a problem. How many WvW and PvP armor sets do you have that this is bothering you so much that you cry for days? 

WvW? I happen to have all of the skins. I no longer play SPvP, though, so never managed to complete Glorious sets, much less the Ardent variants. Which is, again, irrelevant. You seem to think that someone might complain on what they perceive to be a bad game design only if they personally have something to gain from it. This is an extremely selfish approach (although one that explains your behaviour - you have nothing to gain from it personally, but feel you can lose the "exclusivity feel" of having Envoy set, so you are dead set against the idea regardless of its merits) to which i do not subscribe. A hole in a road needs to be fixed even if you happen to not have a car. A crumbling foundation of a building need addressing even if you personally live elsewhere. And saying that someone cannot complain about it because they do not drive/live there is a complete bunk. "Not my problem" argument does not make the problem disappear. Nor does the "Not your problem, so shut up about it" one. It can only be seen as an extremely crude attempt to shut down a discussion and prevent others from addressing something you personally would prefer to remain broken.

5 hours ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

I and many others do understand that. What you seem to miss is that Raid level legendary skins won't happen again. Which you should know by now. So whats your point? Your goal?  Please be a little more specific and/or solution orientated.

I'd suggest reading through my previous posts, because i have already answered that. I even gave some more specific examples.

1. You want the Raid skins earnable through WvW? I'm not too eager to hand out mode specific skin to all other game modes.

No, that's not what i was saying (which you would know if you bothered to read my previous responses in this thread)

2. You want an visual upgrade to the current competitive legendary armor?

Yes. I have already said that (which you would know if you bothered to read my previous responses in this thread)

That upgrade would be "lesser" then the raid armor because the devs wont do something that fancy again.

Yes, i know that. And i said that it not being animated would be perfectly fine, as long as other qualities would remain addressed. Which is something Anet can do, seeing as they have done similar things for some gemshop and LS armor sets. This, again, you would know if you bothered to read my previous responses in this thread.

That also would bring some bonus question: How to implement that right now? Could you buy it as ascended skin?

No, you would get it the most obvious way - while upgrading to legendary tier.

How do you upgrade your current Legendary armor?

You would not have to. For those already in posession of relevant legendaries, the game would simply add the corresponding skins to wardrobe on their first login. I don't see why you even need to ask about it, seeing as this seems quite straightforward.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

8 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

This is an extremely selfish approach (although one that explains your behaviour - you have nothing to gain from it personally, but feel you can lose the "exclusivity feel" of having Envoy set, so you are dead set against the idea regardless of its merits)

Again proof that you don’t read what others write and completely ignore what others write. I personally have a lot to gain if WvW and PvP legendary armors would get a unique skin. I only have one PvE set. But for me it is not about me or exclusivity, it’s about fairness. For you it’s just about complaining for the sake of complaining, or why do you cry now, six years later? 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

56 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

How else do you think I copied them here? 😄 Did you see what it was responding to? It was this: "the issue was raids got something other modes did not. a third tier of legendary armor. im totally fine with raid got their unique 3 th tier but so should the other.". But now you're dismissing armor skins because... of their corresponding item rarity? Skin is a skin, you wanted 3rd one and there clearly are 3.

I'd say they're improvement on the raid concept, considering new strikes have tiered difficulty of encounters (story -> normal -> cm) and don't require going through additional encounters just to open the later ones, like it was in case of "wings" (+easier replayability, without the need to look for "openers"). Writing "strikes are no raids" doesn't address what you quoted though. Quick remind what it was: To answer this question, look up what role strikes had and have. Also check the cm rewards from eod strikes. Strikes are an integral part of pve/raid path, so I guess it's getting updated all this time.

clearly not 3 and u really didn't took a look. try again not just copy but use ur eyes it helps

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Confused 6